Am I The Lucky One?

disney fan 13

To the OP, Pixie dust is a powerful thing, let's you ignore thing's. The last time I was in WDW was November of 2011, Previously I would go twice a year every year, but every time I went I saw more and more thing's broken, or in disrepair, I encountered rude service and just a general sense of "I could care less about quality I just want your money." coming from the resort, and I promised myself I would not go back until things got better. (Or free ticket's. ;)) And I haven't, though I hope to make a Pilgrimage to DL this year or the next.

Figgy1

You know when I read people's stories of things that shouldn't happen at Disney,and the " state of the parks " I begin to wonder.Am I at the same place as these other people? Last year was our fifth trip to WDW,our first two trips were a two centre vacation,in other words,one week on site and one week off site.So in total we've spent 56 days & nights in the magic bubble.Yet in all that time,exploring the parks,rides,simulators,restaurants,character meetings,shows,etc,etc, Ive never came across a major problem that would stop me coming to Disney.So am I the lucky one,or is it just some people like to complain about anything they see wrong.? Yes I've been on the doom buggy when it stops inside the haunted mansion,but hey! It starts up again and away we go.:)
so something is a little off kilter the beyond excellemt far outweighs the little things. Never had a trip and came home saying gee I should have stayed shorter or complained about anything other than the relatives we saw on the way home or the cost of printer paper for all the special pictures. My ds was in a parade and had his picture taken with the entire character spot group together his first trip and things have gotten better from ther one way or another. So grumpy people stay home! Shorter lines for the rest of us.

Californian Elitist

What am I seeing here.Are you serious? Visited my sister in law at Redondo beach and went to DL in 2001 and tho I enjoyed it,I enjoyed WDW better,IMO only,but I'd never give advice unless Ive been there.I think your pulling my turkey leg.

Serious as a heart attack. I hate to be blunt but the articles, posts and pictures I've seen of WDW suggest that it's in crap condition right now. I'm giving myself advice. I see myself as being fair to myself, knowing that the place is in bad shape and refusing to go because I don't want a bad first impression.

You visited Disneyland when it was at its peak of total disaster. It has changed for the better since then. Unfortunately, it seems that WDW is heading in that same direction, if not already there, so I refuse to go. I don't spend money on mediocre things. As of right now, I don't want to give WDW any of my money. If I were to go to Florida, no doubt I'd visit Universal before WDW. I know that's hard for you to hear, but that's how I feel.

Standards are no where near what they used to be, and what the company built itself upon.

The fact the resort still seems magical to most today is testament to the stellar work done to make it that during its first 3 decades or so.

Imagine how even more fantastically magical it would be today if the standards were still as high? Imagine your already perfect vacation being even better.

Yes, it's still a wonderful place. Bt it should be even better.

Other parks are catching up in many areas, even surpassing in some. Will they be "better" than Disney? That will purely be in the eye of the beholder. Should they even try? Or should and could they be as good as in their own way?

Seaworlds Antartica will blow any ride the mouse has installed since the late 90s out of the water. Gringotts coaster will reinvent the bar for E Tickets. And I'll enjoy them both. As I will Tower of Terror. So what? Each park has plusses and minuses. You can get great service at a WDW resort. And poor service too. Same for any resort, anywhere. And often for less money elsewhere.

Just don't mention Nexgen.

This is perfection! Thank You Marni!
I have been vacation ( even worked in the past) with Disney since 1984. Having Stayed on property and off peoperty over the years and now living 14 miles from the gates for the past 12 years. It is hard to not see the magic fading when you visit the parks a few times a week. Which I haven't been doing lately because I am jsut kind of burnt out to be honest.
is everything horrid? No! There is still a lot of great things on WDW property. But it is hard to ride Soarin' and not notice how badly the screen needs to bne cleaned, or ride Pirates three times in one weekend and notice that Jack is stuck in his barrell and not moving. Riding even The Little Mermaid and not having half of the features working, a week after the ride opens is even a bit sad. And now it is a Month since Grand Opening and some of those features are still kinda janky. It is these little things that pile up and kind of makes one frown. And then things like Not going all the way like it used to over the falls in Norway, how BADLY the characters need some new paint in Mexico. Little things.....
Do I think people go out of their way to hem and haw about some things. Well, yeah but that is human nature.
I was fortunate enough to go on my first Disney cruise last year (that I paid for) and I have to say that was the first time in MANY years I have " felt the magic" Everything was on par and above and beyond! The Cruise Line is how Walt Disney World USED to be. While I understand it is hard to keep 4 theme parks and such up to par and it is much easier to keep a few ships up to par, they needs to take note to that..... the Cruise made me feel like I was a kid again and for not being a pixie dust snorter at all, I felt that special Disney Magic all day every day the whole 7 days!!!!

Serious as a heart attack. I hate to be blunt but the articles, posts and pictures I've seen of WDW suggest that it's in crap condition right now. I'm giving myself advice. I see myself as being fair to myself, knowing that the place is in bad shape and refusing to go because I don't want a bad first impression.

You visited Disneyland when it was at its peak of total disaster. It has changed for the better since then. Unfortunately, it seems that WDW is heading in that same direction, if not already there, so I refuse to go. I don't spend money on mediocre things. As of right now, I don't want to give WDW any of my money. If I were to go to Florida, no doubt I'd visit Universal before WDW. I know that's hard for you to hear, but that's how I feel.

I have been to DL once. That was in 92/93 I think... and Matterhorn was closed, They were painting almost the entire park and had ropes and signs up everywhere. Space Mountain was closed too and I rememebr it being too cold for splash I think.... I would LOVE to go back to experience everything else AND all the new stuff!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
so something is a little off kilter the beyond excellemt far outweighs the little things. Never had a trip and came home saying gee I should have stayed shorter or complained about anything other than the relatives we saw on the way home or the cost of printer paper for all the special pictures. My ds was in a parade and had his picture taken with the entire character spot group together his first trip and things have gotten better from ther one way or another. So grumpy people stay home! Shorter lines for the rest of us.

Grumpy? Does that make all the corporate apologists Dopey like simpletons going shiney shiney? They still have Qs at DL but they also have most of their attractions working properly.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

You know when I read people's stories of things that shouldn't happen at Disney,and the " state of the parks " I begin to wonder.Am I at the same place as these other people? Last year was our fifth trip to WDW,our first two trips were a two centre vacation,in other words,one week on site and one week off site.So in total we've spent 56 days & nights in the magic bubble.Yet in all that time,exploring the parks,rides,simulators,restaurants,character meetings,shows,etc,etc, Ive never came across a major problem that would stop me coming to Disney.So am I the lucky one,or is it just some people like to complain about anything they see wrong.? Yes I've been on the doom buggy when it stops inside the haunted mansion,but hey! It starts up again and away we go.:)

You're just not a pretentious, spoiled, entitled snot.

Californian Elitist

I have been to DL once. That was in 92/93 I think... and Matterhorn was closed, They were painting almost the entire park and had ropes and signs up everywhere. Space Mountain was closed too and I rememebr it being too cold for splash I think.... I would LOVE to go back to experience everything else AND all the new stuff!

It doesn't sound like you had the best trip, but I'm glad you'd like to go back someday!

As much as I love Disneyland, if it was in terrible shape, there's no way is recommend it to anyone. It just wouldn't be right. It's actually wrong. It shocks me how many people here would still encourage me to go to WDW, despite the bad shape it's in.

real mad hatter

Original Poster

. Hey! No problem.Its music to my ears.More room for me.;)

Zipadeelady

I was born and raised in California. Disneyland is my home park. I've always wanted to visit WDW. Now that I'm older, I can make that happen.

I'm fairly new here and still trying to figure out some of the attitudes of the other posters but what i would have to say is go to WDW now. It seems to me that the ones here that are complaining about WDW are the same 2 dozen people over and over (not that they don't have some valid points). To me it is wonderful and not the run down park that might be in your head. I didn't start going until 2006 so they may say I haven't seen "what it used to be". I'm still trying to figure out what has went so far down hill in their opinions.

Californian Elitist

I'm fairly new here and still trying to figure out some of the attitudes of the other posters but what i would have to say is go to WDW now. It seems to me that the ones here that are complaining about WDW are the same 2 dozen people over and over (not that they don't have some valid points). To me it is wonderful and not the run down park that might be in your head. I didn't start going until 2006 so they may say I haven't seen "what it used to be". I'm still trying to figure out what has went so far down hill in their opinions.

Honestly, I'd be afraid for my health if I went now, with all that mold and mess in Maelstrom and now I'm hearing Philharmagic. I can't do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom