Am I The Lucky One?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Just a different point of view to maybe thingk about...
What about those of us who are annual passholding locals who visit a few times a week ( some are more even) who have been slowly watching things fall apart? If you don't see it often then it dims in your mind usually. But if you see it all the time then the pieces falling apart are VERY noticeable.....
Well if you are going three times a week,every month,then you'll bound to notice.For myself who makes the pilgrimage once every two years,the only thing I see falling apart is the dollars out of my wallet.

Walt Disney1955

I don't see you as being lucky. Just unaware of the problems at the resort.

When people complain, it's because they love the place so darn much, and they want to see it in its best shape. That's it. They don't hate the place. In fact, they love it to death.

You haven't seen complaining or "doom and gloomers" until you've met the Disneyland community. I was on MiceChat the other day and someone was ed off that the schedule for New Years (or something like that) wasn't holiday themed. People were even complaining about the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

I know you have an adoration for WDW, Hatter, but when things are blatantly wrong and it's dead in your face, like the sad state of Splash and Maelstrom, or anything else, we shouldn't be getting irritated when one speaks up about it. Walt Disney held a standard for Disneyland, when he was alive, and that standard should still be held for all the other Disney theme parks around the world. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I'm actually grateful for people reporting this stuff. I've held off a first time visit to WDW because of the state its in right now. This is a good thing, as I don't want to have a bad and negative first impression.

I've told you this before, but you shouldn't hold off a trip at all based on some second hand information. This is why I went to Disneyland the first time last year. I wanted to see both parks. You should too, because Disney World is so grand and like nothing else that I have ever been to.

I agree, the standards Walt set when he was alive should be there today. Walt never cut back on maintenance or cleaning under any circumstances. Theme parks prior to 1955 were never thought to be clean or maintained at that time. Disney changed that and they should continue to be the barometer.

But seriously, take it from me, Disney World is too grand of a trip to postpone and you are too big of a fan to not go to both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom