Am I The Lucky One?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Nah. It's not up to me. I'm a guest who's admission fee should cover people being paid to do that and to fix it.
But who is going to tell them? Your the man.And before anyone shoots me,I'am only the piano player,I honestly have never seen mouldy ceilings at WDW. I'am too busy watching " Wishes " and other stuff. I wish I'd never started this thread.Mouldy ceilings indeed. :(

donaldtoo

I think one of the biggest problems here is, that no matter how hard you try, there is just really no adequate way to convey "what was" to those who've never experienced it before. It's all a matter of perspective.
I remember how things used to be, but for the sake of my own sanity, and the trip quality for my wife and children, I tend to load up on the Magical Kool-Aide before each trip. I do notice the problems while there, but I'm not about to let it ruin an otherwise great vacation. And, ultimately, it's not about me, it's about my family. That's why I come here to gripe a little now and then. I complain because I GIVE A CRAP.
Kool-Aide-wise, our last trip in July was, in my memory anyway, the best ever so far. There were 13 of us, we stayed at AoA in family suites, Oldest DD got engaged in front of the Castle on her 21st birthday, and I could go on and on. The only thing I remember operationally that went "wrong" the whole trip was that RnRC was down one day and we were told that it would be for the whole day. It actually was brought back online later that day and we were able to ride it twice. I think, we too, are actually lucky ones 'cause we have never experienced any major problems when we've been on attractions in all our visits.
But, with the way things seem to be going, for how long will we, or any of the rest of you who've been so lucky for that matter, continue to be that way...?
At some point, somethins' gotta give.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
But who is going to tell them?
Maybe its just me, but I would have thought a multi international, multi disciplined corporation like Disney would have had some basic policies covering things like facilities management, health & safety and daily routines. But then perhaps their policy is to rely on visitors pointing out that the ceiling is minging and Brer Rabbit is hanging limp like Peles pre pill appendage.

Pooh Lover

Hatter, you are the true cheerleader of these boards! If WDW was a thousand times better before you got there, I honestly don't believe it would change the way you feel about WDW a bit. You, like many others, are affected by the magic not the mold. You don't see these things because you aren't looking for them. No two people will ever take away exactly the same thing from anything. Your enthusiasm for all things WDW does my heart good and I know others feel the same way. Don't change for anything.

mickey2008.1

There definitely are issues, but as a customer, I will say something to WDW to bring it to their attention. Usualy we get good results. and we dont really complain about the parks themselves, it's usually a resort or restaurant problem. The parks see a lot of traffic, so there are going to be issues, but they should be resolved within a year, like splash. As for resorts, rooms with dirty carpets and showers, need to be fixed immediately.

Zipadeelady

But who is going to tell them? Your the man.And before anyone shoots me,I'am only the piano player,I honestly have never seen mouldy ceilings at WDW. I'am too busy watching " Wishes " and other stuff. I wish I'd never started this thread.Mouldy ceilings indeed. :(

Hatter, don't be sorry It's a good thread. They're lots of us who feel like the lucky one's.

Just think of all those beautiful paths around Riverside ~sigh~ Doesn't that make you feel better!

JIMINYCR

Hatter, I'm like you, ( and many others) I go to enjoy myself and what Disney has to offer. I'm not going to seek out flaws and imperfections. Some minor things, sure, might stand out, but they arent going to ruin my vacation or keep me from returning to WDW. It's all in the frame of mind you go into the parks with. I'm going to enjoy, not judge and pick apart and vocalize displeasure over what I have no control over or cant change. I prefer to put my time/energy towards being happy.

Stryker

Our last trip was October 2011. Stayed in a 1BR Savannah view at Kidani and it was great. I failed to see the post apocalyptic conditions described by others so I guess we count as some of the lucky ones too. Count my blessings every day we dodged that bullet and hopefully our lucky streak will continue when we go back in March and stay at BLT. ;)

jlsHouston

Cheers. But I have made many a complaint to certain things in life,even a vacation in Europe that was a disaster from start to Finnish.Maybe I'am just a complete Disney nut that won't be cracked under any circumstances.;)

Finnish??? :)

RUSSIAN CORPORATION
You have two cows.
You have some vodka.
You count them and learn you have five cows.
You have some more vodka.
You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
The Mafia shows up and takes over however many cows you really have.

POLISH CORPORATION

You have two bulls.
Employees are regularly maimed and killed attempting to milk them.

BELGIAN CORPORATION
You have one cow.
The cow is schizophrenic.
Sometimes the cow thinks he's French, other times he's Flemish..
The Flemish cow won't share with the French cow.
The French cow wants control of the Flemish cow's milk.
The cow asks permission to be cut in half.
The cow dies happy.

Pateerick

Last time the rides broke down 2 times while we were riding. It was splash and mission space. I also didn't get any chili dog odor at stitch's, nor foul odor in ITTBAB (nor poking in seats), philarmagic looked dim, and the yeti didn't move. But who's complaining?

jlsHouston

Maybe its just me, but I would have thought a multi international, multi disciplined corporation like Disney would have had some basic policies covering things like facilities management, health & safety and daily routines. But then perhaps their policy is to rely on visitors pointing out that the ceiling is minging and Brer Rabbit is hanging limp like Peles pre pill appendage.

You are hilarious and just plain nasty...of course they have basic policies I'm sure. I can't help loving WDW, I went to Disneyland in the late 80's and loved it but not like I became enthralled with WDW..I realize the thousands I spend there I could stay in Bora Bora for a week in the equivalent of 5 star accommodations. That I choose to dump my vacation dollars into immersing in the disney bubble is what has worked for me these past two years and I am going to continue on into 2013...maybe when they stop with the violence in Mexico I will happily divert my vacation dollars elsewhere..I just like WDW, really I actually love it with the broken rides, stupid rude CM's on occasion, long lines, dust or mold in corners... I also love this forum all y'all have way more snap than I would have ever hoped to find in a group that all shares maybe only one thing in common and is about as diverse as they come in terms of background and culture and education and you know all the other things...

luv

Parents love their kids.

Some parents love their kids, but recognize their children are sometimes brats who need to be punished.

Some parents don't think there is anything wrong with their children.

Some parents make excuses, like, "He ate spaghetti, so he can't help being a brat."

The parent who sees and corrects the child's flaws doesn't love the child less than the parents who make excuses or just don't see the flaws.

The parents who do not spot poor behavior aren't better parents with perfect kids...they're just parents who don't see flaws.

One group can sit around feeling superior to the other group. They can even make comments about how they are better than the other people.

The passive aggressive nastiness won't make them better people and it won't help anyone.

IMO, we should all decide what sort of parent we want to be and let other people be the kind of parent they want to be.

It's so much easier and nicer than playing the nasty "I am better than you" game.

Zipadeelady

Parents love their kids.

Some parents love their kids, but recognize their children are sometimes brats who need to be punished.

Some parents don't think there is anything wrong with their children.

Some parents make excuses, like, "He ate spaghetti, so he can't help being a brat."

The parent who sees and corrects the child's flaws doesn't love the child less than the parents who make excuses or just don't see the flaws.

The parents who do not spot poor behavior aren't better parents with perfect kids...they're just parents who don't see flaws.

One group can sit around feeling superior to the other group. They can even make comments about how they are better than the other people.

The passive aggressive nastiness won't make them better people and it won't help anyone.

IMO, we should all decide what sort of parent we want to be and let other people be the kind of parent they want to be.

It's so much easier and nicer than playing the nasty "I am better than you" game.

Just like WDW my children are practically perfect in every way! :)

jlsHouston

Well as long as it's not that black mold sort we get here in Texas, some mold was once discovered that would go on to cure all kinds of diseases... I would hope I didn't see mold or dust or bugs in my hotel room whether it be at WDW or Best Western or the Hyatt but if I do I know how to wipe the mold or dust up and I ain't found a bug yet I couldn't conquer.

jlsHouston

I'm not really.

Honestly, anyone in Maelstroms load hall can see it. Managers and third shift as well as CMs at load and dispatch who virtually stare at it.
Wow I really am immersed in that bubble, I rode Maelstoms 4 times over Thanksgiving week and I never saw mold...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Perceived value for money; longer park hours, far better attraction maintainence, better choice of food and eateries, and more of them, faster rotation of new entertainment, larger scope of new attractions and indeed new attraction ideas, park and resort individual identity, more shopping choice of specific merchandise at specific locations, life expired infrastructure replaced promptly, higher attraction standards for what's bad show and what's not.

Off the top of my head.
Here we go...Longer park hours.:eek: like 0800 till 3.00 isn't long enough..Better choice of food..:eek: Your spoilt where you live then...New ideas..:eek: Fantasyland??? More shopping..:eek: Tell my DW that..Downtown Disney alone has her shopping till dropping.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom