Alligators captured at Disney doubles

Goofyernmost

Yes, because this entire discussion is about WDW. Society in general has lost the concept of personal responsibility and this includes at WDW.

If someone is visiting WDW they most certainly should be preparing for a trip to Florida because that's where WDW is located. It is their responsibility to educate themselves about the place their visiting. It is WDW's responsibility to warn against and prevent hazards. That's why they have long worked to remove gators from property and why they have signs posted saying the beaches are closed and not to enter. If people ignore these warnings and enter anyway that's on them.
What will be OFF them is a number of formally handy appendages such as hands, arms, legs and perhaps other rather important things.

Goofyernmost

In my lifetime in Florida I can say that I have seen 1000 times more alligators than deer but you can only hunt alligators
if you win a lottery and pay $300 per permit fee with a limit of 2. If I hunt deer I just need a license and a permit and I can take 2 per day in season. I know that gators were endangered back in the 60's in Florida but there is an estimated 1.4 million gators in Florida and 700K deer. I think it is time they look at new hunting laws for gators. I will leave this pic here. This is Myakka State Park. About a 20 min drive from my house.

View attachment 241443
What I want to know is what are they doing in our swamps? Go back where you came from oh, ye nasty gators. You are not welcome here.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Think turkeys are dumb...
635814153910780793-1282820597_Geese.jpg

If geese weren't federally protected, my home town would be feasting on oie de la rue just about every day...

While migratory birds have navigational skills our GPS enabled devices would envy, they have brains not much larger than a walnut. But that doesn't mean they cannot learn and adapt to urban environments and the presence of humans. And they don't invest energy in cognitive activity, they invest it in activity designed to feed with little extraneous expenditures of energy. The brain uses more energy to function than other parts of the body. Geese don’t invest in brain power to solve most of their problems. They invest in brawn, which enables lengthy migrations, and prefer a steady diet of abundant and predictable grass. So, perhaps geese and turkeys aren't that dumb after all.

Pixieish

Nah, would put the farmers out of business. Ride Living With the Land for details.
Some of the captured alligators do end up used as food/textiles.

EDIT: Not necessarily the ones from Disney, but ones captured around the state per the nuisance laws.

John park hopper

Y'all do know that gators in NYC sewers are an urban myth.....

You do know there have been several movies made about gators in the NYC sewer system.They got in there back in the late 50's and early 60's when it was legal to buy baby gators in FL and people released them. I can remember begging my dad for one on one of our vacations from NY to visit grandma in FL. He said NO!! the sewers had enough all ready ---Just having a little fun with you.Yes it's an urban myth

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You do know there have been several movies made about gators in the NYC sewer system.They got in there back in the late 50's and early 60's when it was legal to buy baby gators in FL and people released them. I can remember begging my dad for one on one of our vacations from NY to visit grandma in FL. He said NO!! the sewers had enough all ready ---Just having a little fun with you.Yes it's an urban myth

I figured as much.... :D

Beside, no baby gator would survive the trip from the toilet to the sewers. And I'm sure those sewer rats would take care of it once it got there.

mmnw

How safe is it to walk from the water transportation to your hotel late at night? Or walk on a path from Magic Kingdom to your hotel late at night? Or, how safe is it for those staying at the camp sites?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom