Alligator Roams MK Parking Lot

We sw one crossing Rte 50 in Clermont once.....
really? west of 27? ive been living in clermont for a few years now and i only see them when i golf in the flatter areas near the tourist areas. still have yet to see any gators...unless you are talking about the gators dockside mascot?...

Nemo14

really? west of 27? ive been living in clermont for a few years now and i only see them when i golf in the flatter areas near the tourist areas. still have yet to see any gators...unless you are talking about the gators dockside mascot?...

..almost into Groveland. And we've seen them at the little park/playground off of 50 - can't think of the name of it right now.

mickeysbrother

Funny how i have been to Disney World 43 times and not once have i seen a gator. I have been to Florida 100+ times and never saw one so my luck has been good so far. Knowing me i would run away like a little school girl then wimp back and get mad if he left the area. OHH BTW HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL

Nemo14

Basically any body of water in Florida probably has a gator or 2 living there. We often see at least one right at the airport when we take that shuttle to the main part of the airport.

GizmoDuck

Theres a decent size gator in the pond by the DAK cast parkinglot. You might be able to see it from a resort bus.

There also was two massive gators in the canal by Rafiki's Planet Watch that were visable from the train but those have likely been "removed" unfortunately. One was estimated by the cast members to be 9 feet .

As others have said, the gators are largely nothing to worry about for humans unless you are traveling with unattended small children or pets.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Sorry for the delay, here's the gator referred to in the OP:

TTC_Gator.jpg

This was taken with a phone so the quality isn't great. I suppose it could have just as well been a komodo dragon... :eek:

wardpr68

A few years ago I was playing at the Magnolia golf course on property. My friend hit his ball pretty far over the green and since I was closest to the green I offered to pick it up for him. I bent down, picked up the ball, and as I was rising up from the ground, this is what I saw.

47374_492009521257_12875_n.jpg

Let's just say I ran like I have never ran before :) It was only about 20 feet away I would say. The picture was taken with no zoom from about the position I was standing. (My friend took it, he is far more brave)

C.FERNIE

A few years ago I was playing at the Magnolia golf course on property. My friend hit his ball pretty far over the green and since I was closest to the green I offered to pick it up for him. I bent down, picked up the ball, and as I was rising up from the ground, this is what I saw.

47374_492009521257_12875_n.jpg

Let's just say I ran like I have never ran before :) It was only about 20 feet away I would say. The picture was taken with no zoom from about the position I was standing. (My friend took it, he is far more brave)

haha my brother and me were playing golf (cant remember which course) but we hit our balls round the corner where the hole was and when we got round the corner to hit the next shots are balls were right next to a huge gator so we got back in the golf kart and hit the pedal to the metal lol (we abandoned that hole lol) :)

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I wouldn't be shocked to see a gator perched alongside water at a golf course.

But surrounded by concrete on a sidewalk that sees tons of loud vehicle and foot traffic, including plenty of small children... seems like enough to frighten almost anyone.

bubbles1812

I too have seen a gator in the Frontierland area. We saw one just off Tom Sawyer's Island. He came to the surface for about 10 seconds. My dad does not like things that could potentially harm/eat him so he grabbed me and scampered and found a CM. I wanted to get a closer look, lol. But yeah, I am sure there are many many gators on the WDW property. It's just impossible to keep them out. Few of my friends who live in Florida have found gators in their swimming pools and Disney certainly has a lot of swimming pools

Timekeeper

Original Poster
What's unnerving about the TTC gator is that, being in the middle of the sidewalk adjacent to concrete walls, it obviously had to walk a little ways to even get there in the first place. It's not like it just surfaced from its natural H2O habitat. o_O

draybook

Lol. Seeing the reactions to this makes me laugh. It's just a gator. Pest Control will relocate him.

This is what I was thinking. Unless people plan on walking up to it and petting it, there's nothing to worry about. Their 40 yard dash times are very unimpressive.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom