Alligator Roams MK Parking Lot

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Earlier this afternoon, an alligator was spotted roaming freely along a sidewalk in the MK parking lot area, adjacent to the TTC.

No, it was not Swampy. This one was apparently the real deal.

Photo to follow this evening.

wdwfan22

I've seen that gator several times especially by the walk way to TTC. He visits that area quite a bit. i've got several pictures of him

hollywoodj

I've seen that gator several times especially by the walk way to TTC. He visits that area quite a bit. i've got several pictures of him
I would think it was a different gator. Disney is extremely adamant in catching any roaming gators on property anywhere.

elisatonks

This is pretty common at the TTC, I have had to stop my tram before because one was crossing the tram lane, Disney can only move them once they reach a certain size, as per florida law. I've also seen them inside MK in the frontierland area near the train tracks.

mickeysbrother

Im sorry but that is really scary seeing how a lot of areas in disney at night are quiet and near water... My hotel room at the all star sports was the last room in the corner in the back. So your telling me that i could have wandered into a GATOR????

Skibum1970

Depending on the size of the gator, it may not be that bad as they (gators) tend to go away from humans (being ambush predators). Admittedly, I am not a complete expert on gators. So, if parents were with the children, the gator would leave them alone. Plus, since gators prefer ambushing, he was probably just on a stroll between waterways or getting some sunshine. In actuality, we should have taped a camera to his head and set him free inside the contruction areas to get some great footage of the areas under development. This could be a new first for WDWMagic.

As was posted by Raven, it's Florida and gators should be expected (especially on former swampland with water areas still in profusion). I'd be more worried about rattlesnakes or cottonmouths.

Besides, he probably wanted a Dole Whip. I mean, who doesn't want a Dole Whip?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom