alligator at MK

wdwmomof3

... here's the real kicker...

Allegedly there's a 17 foot gator on property somewhere...

I wouldn't doubt it, it is Florida after all. When we lived in Jackson MS., there was a huge gator on the Pearl River that we named Big Al. We would see it a lot when my dad was fishing back off of the main river. I still can't believe that I would water ski over there. :hammer:

I would love to walk around the lakes at Disney at night with a big flash light. There is no telling how many sets of red eyes we would see. :lookaroun

RnRJoe6114

I caught a snake in AKL. It was in one of the halls I was walking in to go to my room. I was with my sister and she pointed it out to me...we both recognized it as a garter snake so I just grabbed it so it wouldn't be stuck, and I had a feeling it would scare a lot of people who didn't like snakes. I considered bringing it to a CM but I figured they wouldn't do much but just put it outside where it would probably find its way back in somewhere.
I decided to take it out from the lodge alittle ways and let it loose in a wooded area.

figmentfan

Seen it all at Disney. But on this thread, nobody mentioned Wild Turkeys. I see them all the time when I am at Disney, especially going to Magic Kingdom.

Also the cute little Disney bunnies all over the place. When I first saw one many years ago, I thought it was cute, but now I see them all the time, it has lost its "magic."

wdwfan4eva

Also the cute little Disney bunnies all over the place. When I first saw one many years ago, I thought it was cute, but now I see them all the time, it has lost its "magic."

On my trip earlier this month, my hubby and I counted about 11 or 12 rabbits while we were walking from Boardwalk Villas to DHS. :)

nmj91385

When my sister and I were there at the end of april we saw 2 squirrels in a tree getting a little friendly. We taped it on our cell phones and sent it to everyone. It was really entertaining when they lost their balance or rythm I guess and fell out of the tree.

Another animal that has not been mentioned but is seen everywhere are all of those little lizards

col

there is a pic of the alligator from MK in the photo albums on here.

ive seen bunnies at all star sports, a rat at studios, deers at AK where the resort buses turn, those little lizzards, ducks at MK and those long/tall white birds when i was going to SSR and OKW on the boat.

like someone else said when im on the WDW railroad around the MK going from frontierland to mickeys toontown fair i look out for snakes, alligators or crocdiles. even when i go to TSI i know that there in the water or on the island.

i expect there to be animals in the waters and stuff at WDW and even in the parks and at the resorts esp fort wilderness.

MKCP 1985

I work at disney and on wednesday our manager showed us a picture of a 5-6 foot gator that was found in a bathroom stall in the veranda restrooms in a stall. This happened after park close in the early morning, a security guard spotted the gator walking into the restroom from around the corner. It came out of the Jungle Cruise water, which is crazy because to get into there the gator would have had to find its way through a complex series of drains.

Most gators aren't considerate enough to get out of the water when it is time to go. They make a mess of things and just swim around in it. :hurl:

SO this one got out and went into a bathroom stall. But did it leave the seat up? That's the real question.

MKCP 1985

Another animal that has not been mentioned but is seen everywhere are all of those little lizards

picture.php

WDW 3

Gators

We were told...... and it wasn't by the boat captian:), probably a bus driver, that Disney lets Gators stay until they are about 4' then they are removed.

RiversideBunny

.... And HE was in the men's room.

Good point. We don't want any pervert alligators at WDW.
:)

BTW- have you seen that show with Mike Rowe called 'World's Dirtiest Jobs'.
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/dirtyjobs.html

On one of them he was at an alligator farm and he had to find out what gender each gator was.
He did it by sticking his finger up the alligator's butt and feeling around.
The allligators were young and about 3 feet long.
The guy who was with him kept telling Mike not to irritate the gator.

WDW 3

Seesh, You can do that without irritating them?:ROFLOL:
Gotta love Mike but I'm not sure he could do it.

We saw a gator in the canal behind the beach club villas, and a few on the golf courses... the Palm or Magnolia has a resident three-legged gator I think.

We've seen a number of armadillo's as well, and a lot of snakes...

The best picture we've gotten of WDW wildlife was a great shot of a bald eagle right over the wilderness lodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom