All things Universal Studios Hollywood

mickEblu

For one thing, I’m sure they won’t really require riders to flail their arms around to mimic throwing turtle shells. They’d have people accidentally slugging each other in the face. I’m guessing that’ll actually be a button press.

Which is ok because that’s what we do when we re playing the video games.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I’m guessing... sorta. 😄 Even though the complete live experience will be impossible to film, I can’t wait to see the vehicles moving through the sets, and then hear some impressions from riders re: how effective the AR is.
someone will just put the helmet over their phone or go pro. so it will be filmed with no mario helmet and with mario helmet eventually

lazyboy97o

This is not 3d though. its more virtual reality overlay. which should show up if you put the glasses over a camera just fine
Good point; I guess the ride glasses can track position as easily for a GoPro as for a human eye.
It would depend on how the headset is activated. It may be that it needs to be attached to the headset the guest is wearing to turn on. It may also be that trying to hold the glasses prevents dispatch and could trigger an E-stop.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It would depend on how the headset is activated. It may be that it needs to be attached to the headset the guest is wearing to turn on. It may also be that trying to hold the glasses prevents dispatch and could trigger an E-stop
I can't see that causing a E STOP because there are going to be riders who are not going to be able to wear the head set for one reason or another.

PostScott

Not sure if this is accurate but, I have a friend who works at USH who had their supervisor tell them that they're coming back sometime in late February to go back to work in their section of the park. Anyone heard any info about this?

PostScott

Especially possible if they're planning on doing a food festival.
Wanted to ask them but they were in a hurry.
what section do they work in?
HPL

I'm sure that it's not opening because honestly we would hear from the other parks too and Covid is still bad here in SoCal. I'm sure its just a food festival, esp if we're hearing it from HPL. Just wanted to spread the news lol, if its true at all.

DisneyEthan

Wanted to ask them but they were in a hurry.

HPL

I'm sure that it's not opening because honestly we would hear from the other parks too and Covid is still bad here in SoCal. I'm sure its just a food festival, esp if we're hearing it from HPL. Just wanted to spread the news lol, if its true at all.
They could reopen for shopping and dining like the others if they wanted too

MarvelCharacterNerd

They could reopen for shopping and dining like the others if they wanted too
I would be so happy if they did that! I'm not interested in rides, so buying a day ticket never really made sense for me but I would LOVE just to walk around the Harry Potter area and have the wand experience and try a butterbeer!

truecoat

On Monday, I happened upon part of a POV for the Mario Kart ride. It was through the AR glasses and the camera was picking up the AR animation and I couldn’t see anything other than that until the kart arrived in the station.

Edit...I guess it’s on YouTube now. Spoilers!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom