All things Universal Studios Hollywood

truecoat

I can only reserve full judgement until I can actually ride it... which, let's be honest, probably won't be for a VERY long time... but overall, I think I'm definitely NOT a big fan of AR ride experiences and really hope Disney shies away from them moving forward.

Too much technology does not a good attraction make.

The glasses video makes it look like it's moving superfast. So what I thought was a race is just a dark ride. I hope the combination with the AR glasses makes it a must ride and not a one and done.

Rich T

Ok fine. 15mph? 10mph
LOL. I actually think Mr. Toad goes faster than this ride. But this ride is about the sets, the AR animation, and chaotic gameplay. I’m digging it, but I totally understand the disappointment, especially considering that the videogame became popular in the first place because it feels like a thrill ride! :D

I’m watching all the UPNT videos. I don’t think anyone’s going to be disappointed by the desserts in this place...

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
LOL. I actually think Mr. Toad goes faster than this ride. But this ride is about the sets, the AR animation, and chaotic gameplay. I’m digging it, but I totally understand the disappointment, especially considering that the videogame became popular in the first place because it feels like a thrill ride! :D

I’m watching all the UPNT videos. I don’t think anyone’s going to be disappointed by the desserts in this place...
I would think so since you've already trashed the new Spider-Man attraction for being exactly the same thing; a slow-moving interactive AR shooter. All without even seeing the final product yet.

milordsloth

Have you watched the full AR ride through? It’s very crazy and chaotic, with things happening everywhere. So it turns out this is a shooter more than a race ride. As a big Mario fan, I am very happy right now. :D

I think the ride looks fantastic in the videos! I was just surprised to see that it was a slower interactive ride vs. the impressions I had previously from rumors. I've always basically had this in mind:

1612393354846.png

Rich T

I would think so since you've already trashed the new Spider-Man attraction for being exactly the same thing; a slow-moving interactive AR shooter. All without even seeing the final product yet.
Man, you’ve got a good memory!😃 Okay, I’ll reserve judgement on the Spiderman ride until I at least see a ride-thru. But, as far as shooting rides go, I do love the imagination and attention to detail that’s gone into Mariokart.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

See, when I first heard they were making a Mario Kart attraction, I was expecting an enclosed Autopia with interactive elements (like shell shooters) on the cars.

Not, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with AR Goggles.
I think that’s what Mario Kart should have been, but that doesn’t mean what we got isn’t good. They were trying to kill two birds with one stone here.

George Lucas on a Bench

It is weird that it's a slow moving racing ride with all this VR crap going on, but it doesn't seem that bad. It's a video game ride, so I was never expecting much from it. I do think the waiting line is cool and the ride does have a lot of physical stuff. It's like a Mario themed Fantasyland ride, only they made it a shooting VR thing at the same time.

Rich T

This makes it even more of an epic failure.
It’s only a failure if you’re comparing it to your own expectations instead of accepting the type of ride it actually is (and Universal is much to blame for that for not clarifying ahead of time that this is a dark ride shooter). Considering that tbe AR will look a lot better in person, I think this looks like a lot of fun, and potentially the best shooter ride yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom