All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

The mexican restaurant across from Doc's? I think it was many things over time. Loved the patio area.We would eat there often, especially when Universal had that all you can eat deal. I remember Zorro running around the rooftops of that building.
I think you are right. I know the building is still there since I can point it out when I'm here but the rain patio isn't. I'm looking for a picture of it.

BubbaisSleep

Yup that is it. You can see the remainder of the pond where the battleships used to be. The pond was a lot bigger. That picture shows the rain effect. Thanks!
That's where I was a little confused. I guess I fell in love with the area after they converted it as I do not remember the ships or the huge pond at all :confused:

Now that you mention it though, I do have the memory of the huge pond just by photo/old footage. I have a picture of me in the Delorean which was parked besides a huge pond when I was a young one. That has to be it!

Phroobar

Kitt.jpg

mickEblu

My oldest memories of USH are the face actors that would pretend they were statues at the entrance and Conan the Barbarian.

I remember how exciting it was when they opened the lower lot with E.T and the Lucy Tribute. Was backdraft down there too or you where the Simpson’s is now? I also remember the little Special effects show and then the other show where they picked someone to be Doc Brown.

SoCalMort

One of my oldest memories is of the ADAM-12 show in what is now I think the special effects theater, which back then didn't have a ceiling. I have a very vague memory of there being a Dragnet show in that location before that but not totally sure that isn't a memory I've manufactured. Absolutely no memory of the Hollywood Palace of Puppets.

img.jpeg

Phroobar

My oldest memories of USH are the face actors that would pretend they were statues at the entrance and Conan the Barbarian.

I remember how exciting it was when they opened the lower lot with E.T and the Lucy Tribute. Was backdraft down there too or you where the Simpson’s is now? I also remember the little Special effects show and then the other show where they picked someone to be Doc Brown.
The lower lot had Backdraft and the Special Effects show where Transformers is now. Back in the 70's & 80's It was just the Special Effects show. The tram would dump you there for the show and pick you up after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom