All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This place actually looks fun compared to DTD.

VCW_D_Universal_T4_CityWalk%20Street_1280x642_0.jpg

dbba536fbd808cabcc8ecacf4cff538e.jpg

Disney Walk will never be the City Walk.

Rich T

This place actually looks fun compared to DTD.

VCW_D_Universal_T4_CityWalk%20Street_1280x642_0.jpg

dbba536fbd808cabcc8ecacf4cff538e.jpg
I still wouldn't want this much loud, brash, kinda tacky atmosphere as the lead-up (or exit path) to/from Disneyland. It works great for Universal. Downtown Disney needs more interesting tenants (and more tenants, period), but I do like its smoother, more relaxing vibe.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
As a kid this was one of my favorite places to eat.

2.jpg

I have stories about that place... Oh my.

How to say this politely, and without getting into too much trouble with my wife...

Let's just say I got real friendly with one of the bartenders, she was an awesome person, and became my favorite ride at the park for a short time.....

And then my parents and grandparents wanted to go get prime rib for dinner while staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Burbank.

Thank goodness she worked the closing shift, and not early dinner time.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Let me say, one of the best perks was access to the Restaurant Lot and using the Funicular to get to the park.

Also my Grandmother loved the crispy duck at the Chinese restaurant, Fung Lum.

My Dad asked how I got them comp meals and VIP parking, and that many people knew me.... Said something about Bud Hurlbut and hooking us up thru connections... not mentioning that I was having a casual fling with one of the bartenders/managers of VS.

Rich T

I have stories about that place... Oh my.

How to say this politely, and without getting into too much trouble with my wife...

Let's just say I got real friendly with one of the bartenders, she was an awesome person, and became my favorite ride at the park for a short time.....

And then my parents and grandparents wanted to go get prime rib for dinner while staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Burbank.

Thank goodness she worked the closing shift, and not early dinner time.
Holy mackerel, Darkbeer1--And here all I had to say was that I liked the lemon sorbet there! :D

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Holy mackerel, Darkbeer1--And here all I had to say was that I liked the lemon sorbet there! :D

Loved those small mini cones.

And hey, I was a single, unattached male back then. I can also tell you some good stories from other parks.

Having Gin with Jack Falfas at the Amber Waves Bar (Knott's Hotel) and being able to access a Hotel Room if I had too much to drink, or should I say a friend might need that assistance...

And plenty of Anaheim stories in the 1980's and 1990's. Heck, even Long Beach during the Disney Seas period.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
This made me think of when CityWalk was expanded in 2000. While Cindy was out of my life for quite awhile, I was doing a lot of work up there, and Karl Strauss had a set of Mugs for a select few customers, and I had one. Just grab the mug off the wall, and tell the Bartender to fill it up. The other folks were varied, but more than one famous celebrity was found in the club, along with many Universal Studios folks. I had to watch it, as I had to drive usually, so had to sip and talk a lot to make it last. But during the week, quiet and a group would hang out in a secluded area. More than once, tourists would confuse us for all being famous, not just a few in the group. So there are folks still with my autograph that they think is of someone they thought was famous. And my sloppy signature gave them no clue.... Alas, more of a Bro's Club, though we had some female members. I had more fun with the Blues Brothers impostors than some of the "real" celebrities. And let me say, the "celebrities" I hung out with were B listers, think people from the Hallmark Channel, heck, I think I can mention Billy Bush, who is in the news today. But those type of folks, not A list'ers except for an occasional one off visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom