All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

I've honestly never heard anyone say that the Hollywood version is the better coaster. Florida's coaster allows for far greater changes in elevation and turns. The launch into the mouth and the drop into hell are both incredible moments which are missing from the Hollywood version.
I wonder what the differences is in the track layout. It's hard to tell from a go pro youtube video. They both seem extremely short.

Misted Compass

I wonder what the differences is in the track layout. It's hard to tell from a go pro youtube video. They both seem extremely short.
From Park Lore:
1728332946593.png

Animaniac93-98

I think most everything about the Orlando version is better. The dark ride portions, the coaster and the pacing.

The Hollywood version just felt short and lacking in effects in comparison. If there used to be more, that's a shame.

PiratesMansion

I think most everything about the Orlando version is better. The dark ride portions, the coaster and the pacing.

The Hollywood version just felt short and lacking in effects in comparison. If there used to be more, that's a shame.
I wasn't there on day one, but I'm not convinced there ever was more in Hollywood than what's there right now (those with convincing POV evidence, please chime in).

I do know that the USH version never had real fire, unlike every other version of the ride.

Touchdown

I’ve ridden both within a week, the Orlando experience is better in every way, the dark ride portion is longer, has pyro in the treasure room, the coaster portion is longer, the coaster version has three pops of legitimate airtime (post launch, middle of the first portion, drop to hell,) has a faster top speed, and has the fake out ending with the brain fire ceiling. Yes the movie set thing is a little hokey but it works. The Hollywood one seems so short, and that ending, oof. The extended backward section is nice though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom