• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All things Universal Studios Hollywood

socalifornian

Except the lower lot usually opens later in the day.
I understand due to the remodel of JP to JW but I'd think Harry Potter should be first due to long lines or am I wrong?
That’s true, guess it just depends on which ride ends up being the most popular this summer. If the lower lot opens later on the day they go, squeezing in Forbidden Journey/Hippogriff first would be the best option for sure. Checking out Hogsmeade could be later in the day

Rich T

Advertisement
MEMORIES FROM THE 80'S:
At one point, USH had a huge Jaws 3D billboard towering over the intersection at the bottom of the hill, featuring a gigantic three dimensional shark head. After the movie bombed, time came to take the billboard apart. The shark head turned out to be heavier than the removal crew realized. The crane tipped and the shark head plummeted into the middle of the intersection. Giant fake shark teeth everywhere. No one hurt.

planodisney

I really feel like USH needs to add another quality attraction to Potter to give you a full experience.
Anyone know if that’s possible, save removing flight of the Hippogrif?
I really wish they would have used a different IP for what sounds like a promising ride experience on the Secret Life of Pets ride. Darkbeer I understand it could still be a great attraction, but I don’t see it driving attendance which is also important for a park like USH. However I’m not sure they will have to worry about that once Nintendoland opens.
I’m really curious to find out if this will be just a Mario Kart ride, or a full blown nintendoland.

britain

Speaking of, I just watched Kong: Skull Island last night. Good movie. I recommend it. The 2005 Peter Jackson King Kong is still the best film with that character, though.
Haven't seen Skull Island. My brother summed it up by saying if Peter Jackson's film is the modern version of the 1933 original, then Skull Island is the modern version of the laughably bad 70's Kong with Jessica Lange, Jeff Bridges, and Charles Grodin. Accurate assessment?

TROR

Haven't seen Skull Island. My brother summed it up by saying if Peter Jackson's film is the modern version of the 1933 original, then Skull Island is the modern version of the laughably bad 70's Kong with Jessica Lange, Jeff Bridges, and Charles Grodin. Accurate assessment?
I haven’t seen the 70s film, but sure.

Rich T

King Kong is a product of its time, especially in movie history. The 1933 original is the only King Kong the world ever needed. To attempt to bring it out of its B&W, matte-painted, stop-motion world is to remove its charm and shine a glaring light all the story's ridiculous impossibilities. The only worthwhile post-1933 appearances have been at theme parks, the wonderfully awful Rankin/Bass cartoon and the very best scene in Ready Player One.

Phrubruh

70's Kong was much better than both Skull Island and Jackson Kong.

Reason: Jessica Lange >x1000000 Nomi Watts

I'm not even going to mention the scene where Kong gives her a shower. ;)

truecoat

Skull Island was horribly bad.

mickEblu

The new color scheme is nice and clean but it doesn’t say Jurassic Park as much as it does “modern home.” I guess maybe that’s the point since this is Jurassic World. I don’t remember if this was the color scheme from the movie though. I prefer the Jurassic Park color scheme. If I were decorating my living room I would prefer the Jurassic World color scheme.

Professortango1

Not a fan of the new murals. They look like the 2000's murals that every new stadium seating movie theatre had installed over their lobby. Its just kind of sad, whereas the original mural and cafe were inspired by the film and not only provided a dining establishment, but also made guests feel like they were in the place where that famous scene happened, the new one just feels bland and generic. We used to always eat at the cafe because of the JP feel. This new colder washed out world doesn't look like it will be getting my money.

Top Bottom