All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Rich T

King Kong is a product of its time, especially in movie history. The 1933 original is the only King Kong the world ever needed. To attempt to bring it out of its B&W, matte-painted, stop-motion world is to remove its charm and shine a glaring light all the story's ridiculous impossibilities. The only worthwhile post-1933 appearances have been at theme parks, the wonderfully awful Rankin/Bass cartoon and the very best scene in Ready Player One.

Phroobar

Haven't seen Skull Island. My brother summed it up by saying if Peter Jackson's film is the modern version of the 1933 original, then Skull Island is the modern version of the laughably bad 70's Kong with Jessica Lange, Jeff Bridges, and Charles Grodin. Accurate assessment?
70's Kong was much better than both Skull Island and Jackson Kong.

Reason: Jessica Lange >x1000000 Nomi Watts
bd1a264f3ff050f15f863360e2e64b4a.gif

I'm not even going to mention the scene where Kong gives her a shower. ;)

truecoat

Haven't seen Skull Island. My brother summed it up by saying if Peter Jackson's film is the modern version of the 1933 original, then Skull Island is the modern version of the laughably bad 70's Kong with Jessica Lange, Jeff Bridges, and Charles Grodin. Accurate assessment?

Skull Island was horribly bad.

mickEblu

The new color scheme is nice and clean but it doesn’t say Jurassic Park as much as it does “modern home.” I guess maybe that’s the point since this is Jurassic World. I don’t remember if this was the color scheme from the movie though. I prefer the Jurassic Park color scheme. If I were decorating my living room I would prefer the Jurassic World color scheme.

Professortango1

Not a fan of the new murals. They look like the 2000's murals that every new stadium seating movie theatre had installed over their lobby. Its just kind of sad, whereas the original mural and cafe were inspired by the film and not only provided a dining establishment, but also made guests feel like they were in the place where that famous scene happened, the new one just feels bland and generic. We used to always eat at the cafe because of the JP feel. This new colder washed out world doesn't look like it will be getting my money.

mickEblu

Not a fan of the new murals. They look like the 2000's murals that every new stadium seating movie theatre had installed over their lobby. Its just kind of sad, whereas the original mural and cafe were inspired by the film and not only provided a dining establishment, but also made guests feel like they were in the place where that famous scene happened, the new one just feels bland and generic. We used to always eat at the cafe because of the JP feel. This new colder washed out world doesn't look like it will be getting my money.

TBH I don't like this modern architecture trend. Everything is too boxy, washed out and generic looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom