• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All things Magic Mountain

Phrubruh

Original Poster
Does anyone remember for Halloween they had a Log Jammer overlay called "Blood Falls" circa 2004? Can't seem to find any information but remember that it had fog, one person jumping out to scare you during the lift, and a lot of red lights.
Don't remember that. It would be cool to find pictures of it.

BubbaQuest

Advertisement
Does anyone remember for Halloween they had a Log Jammer overlay called "Blood Falls" circa 2004? Can't seem to find any information but remember that it had fog, one person jumping out to scare you during the lift, and a lot of red lights.
I do remember there being a fog machine near the top of the first lift hill at one time. I remember thinking why is there fog up here :) Never occurred to me it was for halloween. Don't remember the red lights, but we rode during the day.

Phrubruh

Original Poster
I do remember there being a fog machine near the top of the first lift hill at one time. I remember thinking why is there fog up here :) Never occurred to me it was for halloween. Don't remember the red lights, but we rode during the day.
Didn't there used to be fog machines throughout the log ride during the regular season? I know the Jet Stream's boat house at the top of the lift hill had a fog machine so you couldn't see the drop.

BubbaQuest

Didn't there used to be fog machines throughout the log ride during the regular season? I know the Jet Stream's boat house at the top of the lift hill had a fog machine so you couldn't see the drop.

It's possible. I remember this unusual fog distinctly though because that roundabout after the first lift on Log Jammer was one of my favorite parts of the park. Quiet with lots of trees to look at. The fog was so thick you couldn't even see the trees. I remember thinking why would they want to hide the best part of this ride. Didn't even occur to me they were trying to hide a scare actor in there!

Phrubruh

Original Poster
It's possible. I remember this unusual fog distinctly though because that roundabout after the first lift on Log Jammer was one of my favorite parts of the park. Quiet with lots of trees to look at. The fog was so thick you couldn't even see the trees. I remember thinking why would they want to hide the best part of this ride. Didn't even occur to me they were trying to hide a scare actor in there!
There is something special about being in a flume ride fifty feet in the air in the trees.

Rich T

No, not during the regular season. Log Jammer's charm was in its scenic journey through the foliage. I don't think fog would have added anything to the experience.

Phrubruh

Original Poster
I love Rollercoaster the movie. It's got some great shots of Magic Mountain and some other classic parks. Lots of 70's cheese.

The Great American Revolution was the first of its kind looping roller coaster. The movie acted as advertising for Magic Mountain.

The Sparks play at Magic Mountain

The Skyrocket @ Ocean View Park in Norfolk, Virginia

https://neptsdepths.blogspot.com/2010/07/dipping-into-rollercoaster.html

Rich T

I love Rollercoaster the movie. It's got some great shots of Magic Mountain and some other classic parks. Lots of 70's cheese.

The Great American Revolution was the first of its kind looping roller coaster. The movie acted as advertising for Magic Mountain.

The Sparks play at Magic Mountain

The Skyrocket @ Ocean View Park in Norfolk, Virginia

https://neptsdepths.blogspot.com/2010/07/dipping-into-rollercoaster.html
I saw Sparks at Magic Mountain! :D I saw the movie Rollercoaster on opening night. In SENSURROUND!!! Went back to see it again twice. Because there was no internet. Or home video. Or cable. :D

Phrubruh

Original Poster
I think the first time I saw Roller Coaster was on channel 13. They always ran cheap bmovies during the weekend.

nesboy43

I was able to

Interesting! It was red lights with fog and a guy with a knife just during that first lift. I remember the weird voice overs they had too in a really slow droopy voice "Do not pass go... do not collect 200 dollars".

BubbaQuest

Interesting! It was red lights with fog and a guy with a knife just during that first lift. I remember the weird voice overs they had too in a really slow droopy voice "Do not pass go... do not collect 200 dollars".
The red lighting wouldn't surprise me. If I remember correctly the lake originally had no lighting at all. You'd think that would make log jammer more exciting, but it was so dark you couldn't see anything. You just got jostled around for several minutes and then it was over :)

I do remember at some point they added some kind of "nighttime entertainment thing". They added lighting to the waterfall and the lake and if I remember correctly a little bandstand somewhere on the opposite side of the lake. At a specific time they would light up the lake and start the entertainment. Since there was no designated viewing area, you couldn't really see much. I don't remember it lasting very long, but they definitely had the lighting package for it.

Phrubruh

Original Poster
Z-Force - a looping buccaneer boat ride. Instead of swinging back and forth , it does two complete loops. Batman the Ride stands there now. Too bad they couldn't just move it elsewhere.

It's advertising was very Top Gun.

Rich T

The Dragon ride full track.
Oooh, love these shots! For anyone who never got to experience this--it took about five minutes to travel that tiny distance. I'm not exaggerating. I'm sure that employee walked from one station to the other in about 1/4 of the time. I wonder if any park has ever installed a slower ride. :D Appropriate koto music played along the course.

Rich T

Z-Force - a looping buccaneer boat ride. Instead of swinging back and forth , it does two complete loops. Batman the Ride stands there now. Too bad they couldn't just move it elsewhere.
I rode Great America's version of this ride (Revolution) when it opened and once was enough. I don't get the appeal of being dangled upside down while the blood rushes to the head and the coins and keys rush to the ground. It was a rather amusing group-screaming session, though; a couple dozen people yelling together as they all wondered what possessed them to climb aboard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom