• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

All things Magic Mountain

Rich T

...I wonder how long it will be until Magic Mountain has to do something about the coaster and rider screams disturbing the neighbors. ...
I don't think Magic Mtn. should have to do one dang thing. I think everyone who buys a house in that development should have to sign a waiver acknowledging that they are making a decision to move into a house located right next to a giant theme park and all the noise that goes with it.

Disney Irish

Advertisement
Also from that email, they are practically giving away annual passes.
Indicates they may be having attendance issues as well....

Phrubruh

Original Poster
I don't think Magic Mtn. should have to do one dang thing. I think everyone who buys a house in that development should have to sign a waiver acknowledging that they are making a decision to move into a house located right next to a giant theme park and all the noise that goes with it.
That never stopped the people around Disneyland from ******** about fireworks.
Disneyland's fireworks is how my mother in law tells time.

Rich T

That never stopped the people around Disneyland from ******** about fireworks....
And I can't understand how anyone can feel sorry for them. They knew dang well what they were moving into.

Hey, I live in a place where I can smell sea lions at the wharf a quarter mile away, and they stink! I'm suing everyone! :D

SuddenStorm

Agreed. Universal deals with a similar issue, and Its always amusing when people in Anaheim complain about the fireworks.

But, sadly, there will be complaints. I just hope Six Flags doesn't have to alter anything because of them.

Phrubruh

Original Poster
Agreed. Universal deals with a similar issue, and Its always amusing when people in Anaheim complain about the fireworks.

But, sadly, there will be complaints. I just hope Six Flags doesn't have to alter anything because of them.
As long as the housing market stays depressed, MM has nothing to worry about.

nesboy43

Anyone remember the Batman Forever and Begins stunt show MM used to have? One of my favorites. So sad that it is long gone. Is the theater still there? When I last worked there it was abandonned.

Indicates they may be having attendance issues as well....
I think the year round move caused the need for more bodies in the park.

Disney Irish

Anyone remember the Batman Forever and Begins stunt show MM used to have? One of my favorites. So sad that it is long gone. Is the theater still there? When I last worked there it was abandonned.

I think the year round move caused the need for more bodies in the park.
Haven't most Six Flags parks been year round now for a long time?

Anyways, my point was that this might be indication of a larger issue of soft attendance around all the whole theme park industry.

socalifornian

They’ve been doing that annual Labor Day sale for years now, this is when I renew. It’s usually around ~$80 for the Gold pass (both parks, parking, mug that gets free refills), then I add dining

Phrubruh

Original Poster
It was demoed a few years ago to build Battle for Metropolis. That whole area has been redesigned. However the crane and a few other parts from the show are still sitting in the junkyard next to Apocalypse. They use that junkyard for a zombie Fright Fest maze. The Magic Pagoda Buddha is in that junkyard.

In recently years the whole backside of the park has been redesigned and rethemed. Cyclone Bay is the last area that is being redesigned for West Coast Racers.

Phrubruh

Original Poster
They’ve been doing that annual Labor Day sale for years now, this is when I renew. It’s usually around ~$80 for the Gold pass (both parks, parking, mug that gets free refills), then I add dining
They have added multiple levels of passes in the last couple of years. Diamond Elite adds things like priority seating at shows, free fright fest mazes, free water park special areas, special parking and skip the line rights. The basic one gives no black out days, free admin to all water & theme parks and food/merch discounts.

The prices are incredibly low but it's a pain to fight the LA traffic to get there.

https://m.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/membership

For the price of basic AP at Disneyland, you could have free admission to all Six flags, Cedar Fair, Sea world parks nationwide and free food and parking all year.

nesboy43

It was demoed a few years ago to build Battle for Metropolis. That whole area has been redesigned. However the crane and a few other parts from the show are still sitting in the junkyard next to Apocalypse. They use that junkyard for a zombie Fright Fest maze. The Magic Pagoda Buddha is in that junkyard.

In recently years the whole backside of the park has been redesigned and rethemed. Cyclone Bay is the last area that is being redesigned for West Coast Racers.
It makes me sad to hear this. The batman show was one of the best parts of Six Flags Magic Mountain, in each of its forms. It was a really well put together show with great stunts. I always secretly hoped it would come back one day.

Last time I went to the parks I did see Battle for Metropolis there, but it would break down whenever I went to try and go on it. I did not realized this entirely replaced the stage show area.

nesboy43

Part of me wants to get this. But I also know this is more of a one and done place every few years for me. I'm not as much of a coaster person as I used to be and now prefer Disneyland's thrill attractions as my highest tollerance. Those Six Flags rides are too rough on me.

socalifornian

Part of me wants to get this. But I also know this is more of a one and done place every few years for me. I'm not as much of a coaster person as I used to be and now prefer Disneyland's thrill attractions as my highest tollerance. Those Six Flags rides are too rough on me.
A lot of them need to have their tracks grinded down or replaced. Aside from the thrill it feels like you’re riding an earthquake on the older coasters. Matterhorn feels so nice compared to some at MM. Looking forward to Apocalypse

nesboy43

A lot of them need to have their tracks grinded down or replaced. Aside from the thrill it feels like you’re riding an earthquake on the older coasters. Matterhorn feels so nice compared to some at MM. Looking forward to Apocalypse
I agree that the tracks are in need of replacement. Viper has long been the worst contender. Is Apocalypse having a replacement? When it opened it was one of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on. When I went 5 years ago it was even bumpier than collosus.

Revolution used to also be brutal when it had the shoulder harness. Glad they got it removed.

I probably sound like an old man but I'd be tempted to just buy front of the line passes the next time I go to Six Flags. Most their lines are in the heat and are super long and loud.

socalifornian

I agree that the tracks are in need of replacement. Viper has long been the worst contender. Is Apocalypse having a replacement? When it opened it was one of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on. When I went 5 years ago it was even bumpier than collosus.

Revolution used to also be brutal when it had the shoulder harness. Glad they got it removed.

I probably sound like an old man but I'd be tempted to just buy front of the line passes the next time I go to Six Flags. Most their lines are in the heat and are super long and loud.
Yeah it was retracked fairly recently so it’s smooth again. Old Collosus/Apocalypse felt like you were going to derail

Top Bottom