All things Knotts Berry Farm

Mickey's Pal

Wow what a joke. Since Disneyland has been so negative lately I've been wanting to visit Knotts, but since that crazy guy climbed the tower, the gang shooting took place, and now this major brawl happened - ain't no way I'm taking my baby and wife anytime soon.
Its just sad. Knott's has always been up there with Disneyland as a place with so much good family fun. Your comment is not the only one I have read like this. Similar comments were all over the internet last evening. I am sorry this has made you sour on Knott's. They need to do something ASAP.

Mickey's Pal

And this is a major theme park vlogger saying this.

Screenshot_20220717-110411_Instagram.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
I think you missed my point. By calling out Black (current preferred capitalization per AP and other stylebooks) you are impugning a population as their main defining attribute. And did you actually see all of them to be certain that they were all Black?
Yes. I did. It was a large roving group of over 200 kids. I was caught in a stampede of them twice.

Last edited:

Parteecia

Yes. I did. It was a large roving group of over 200 kids. I was caught in a stampede of them twice.
I will remain skeptical that you were able to ascertain the race of every one of over 200 people in the dark under stampede conditions. Especially since so many are mixed race nowadays.

I'm also skeptical that you would call out a group as white unless it was germane, e.g. white supremacists. I hope I'm wrong but my life experience has shown me that the odds are that I am not.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I think a better move at this point might be for Knotts to simply introduce an age limit. Require anyone (or groups of individuals) under age 18 have a parent or guardian over age 25 present at park entry. Check IDs at the turnstiles.

Offer pro-rated refund if people have a problem with it. Otherwise it might be better to simply go to reservation only and strict capacity limits.

Mickey's Pal

I will remain skeptical that you were able to ascertain the race of every one of over 200 people in the dark under stampede conditions. Especially since so many are mixed race nowadays.

I'm also skeptical that you would call out a group as white unless it was germane, e.g. white supremacists. I hope I'm wrong but my life experience has shown me that the odds are that I am not.
It is well reported in all the news outlets, people who were there, and videos of the the fights.

Phroobar

Original Poster
My point was instead of focusing on when they would be opened next, a statement about how 'this won't be tolleeated and changes are coming' would have been better.
Totally agree.i wonder what the minimum age they let in without an adult. I remember at one time Disneyland let in unaccompanied minors over the age 13 in. That's probably not the case anymore.

Mickey's Pal

News outlets I read (local TV stations & newspapers) did not call out race. I watched as much of the shaky vids as my motion sickness could take. I stand by my statements.
There are a ton of news outlets that talk about the race plus numerous videos online showing the actual violence. Plus this very thread had someone who was there tell you a first hand account of the race of the teenagers. I rest my case.

Stevek

It's getting pretty ridiculous that every. little. thing. is causing people to be offended. Phroobar shared the actual facts of what happened. He didn't make anything up. He did not make a racist comment, he merely stated exactly what he saw and exactly what I've seen reported and seen on multiple videos. Pathetic that folks are jumping on him...there's a time and a place for calling someone out. This time wasn't it.

In any case, it's a shame this has happened and Knott's had another issue. I don't know what the solve is, I don't think age limits will solve it. The solve is very likely economic i.e higher prices but it's unlikely Knott's can or will do that. They are a value alternative to Disney.

Last edited:

Parteecia

There are a ton of news outlets that talk about the race plus numerous videos online showing the actual violence.
Not NBC, CBS, ABC, KTLA, LA Times. Not even Fox or OC Register.

I'm done. Too much work for posts that will most likely be deleted.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
A problem that Knotts is it considered a babysitter much like Disneyland was before the pandemic and high AP prices. It probably still is for richer children that watch the reservation system. People would drop off their teenagers for the day in the summer and pick them up at closing. Disneyland policy is

Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 years of age or older to enter Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

I'm guessing Knott's is similar but I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Still a twelve year old accompanied by her older bother of fourteen can do anything in the park until closing at midnight seems crazy but I think it is where the theme park as a babysitter idea came from.

A bored unaccompanied child with his friends will do anything like leave trash every, line jump, shoplift, graffiti walls and purposely break things. But since the theme park is considered the babysitter, these children's welfares is their concern according to the parents.

Last edited:

jrayfarm

It's getting pretty ridiculous that every. little. thing. is causing people to be offended. Phroobar shared the actual facts of what happened. He didn't make anything up. He did not make a racist comment, he merely stated exactly what he saw and exactly what I've seen reported and seen on multiple videos. Pathetic that folks are jumping on him...there's a time and a place for calling someone out. This time wasn't it.

In any case, it's a shame this has happened and Knott's had another issue. I don't know what the solve is, I don't think age limits will solve it. The solve is very likely economic i.e higher prices but it's unlikely Knott's can or will do that. They are a value alternative to Knott's.

As a black man, I am not “easily offended”. I was simply pointing out that the race if the teens was not relevant to the story, and did not be mentioned. All major news outlets did not mention the race of the teens, because it was not relevant to the story.

If the fights were happening due to some racial tension or situation? Mention it. If a suspect is at large and you need the public’s help in locating or mentioning it? Go for it. If you’re describing an event that happened and race isn’t playing a part, no need to mention it. Others mentioned it likely wouldn’t have come up if it were large groups of white teens fighting, and that’s true.

To the original poster, @Phroobar my intent wasn’t meant to be accusatory, although my first comment was rather knee jerk (too many years of seeing Nextdoor posts about “suspicious behavior” in my neighborhood, where the only thing was suspicious was the race of the person walking down the street). I’m sorry you had to go through a scary experience last night. And I know you know that is not representative of all black teens. However, comments like that do reinforce an unnecessary narrative that we, as a society, need to move beyond. Words have power both overtly and subtly.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I state honestly what I saw with no other commentary and the pc police make new anonymous accounts to yell at me. Too bad I didn't get a picture of it but when your looking for safety it is a little hard. Of course these jerks would say I photoshopped the images. I'm glad the ignore button works on this site.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Anyway, I did get some new pictures of the new Pizzeria at Knotts. It is pretty impressive. I understand they are doing something similar to Festival Village for next year. This really pulls the area together. The pizza is still pretty bad but the pasta and salads are good.

IMG_20220714_165736751.jpg

IMG_20220714_165740241.jpg

IMG_20220714_165816091.jpg

Here is the new seating area in a carved out lower floor of the theater.

IMG_20220714_165710593.jpg

The new bathroom has communal sinks but separate doors for men and women. There are two new family restrooms too.
IMG_20220714_170242296.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom