All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
I can't decide which park is ran worse, Sea World or Knotts Berry Farm. Don't know if this is a win or a loss.

Knotts at least has the Chicken Restaraunt and Marketplace that doesn't require admission.
Well after seeing Black Fish, I would definitely say Sea World with Disneyland a close second.

PiratesMansion

I can't decide which park is ran worse, Sea World or Knotts Berry Farm. Don't know if this is a win or a loss.

Knotts at least has the Chicken Restaraunt and Marketplace that doesn't require admission.
From my perspective, looking at the overall companies, neither are perfect, but Cedar Fair is at least trying to improve their parks. SeaWorld seems determined to race theirs straight to the bottom.

Cedar Fair also hasn't had a constant revolving door of CEOs in the past decade.

I haven't heard people talk about Cedar Fair struggling to make payments on attractions and improvements in the way I have about SeaWorld.

I see no positives for anyone if this goes through (except for Johnny Coaster Enthusiast, whose only thought on the matter is "golly geepers, it's sure swell that I have one less season pass to buy!")

Phroobar

Original Poster
You have to remember that amusement park companies do these buy out offers all the time. They rarely go through. I remember when Six Flags was facing bankruptcy but at the same time was trying to buy Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair countered with trying to buy them out. Nothing usually comes of it other than a trading of a few management or maybe a park or two.

TP2000

Well, that ended rather quickly. I'm glad, I just didn't like the idea of Knott's Berry Farm being bought by Sea World.

20 years ago I wouldn't have minded, but Knott's has had a nice renaissance in the few years pre-Covid and Sea World seems to be devolving into a Six Flags with fish tanks. Competition is a good thing, and too much consolodation in an industry leads to stagnation. Keep Knott's Berry Farm unique, please!

And then, just for fun, please let's never forget this little gem from the brain trust at Sea World.

It only lasted six months (ouch!), but it was like a cross between Superstar Limo and Rocket Rods, except really slow and with fake fish instead of B List celebs...

Professortango1

Well, that ended rather quickly. I'm glad, I just didn't like the idea of Knott's Berry Farm being bought by Sea World.

20 years ago I wouldn't have minded, but Knott's has had a nice renaissance in the few years pre-Covid and Sea World seems to be devolving into a Six Flags with fish tanks. Competition is a good thing, and too much consolodation in an industry leads to stagnation. Keep Knott's Berry Farm unique, please!

And then, just for fun, please let's never forget this little gem from the brain trust at Sea World.

It only lasted six months (ouch!), but it was like a cross between Superstar Limo and Rocket Rods, except really slow and with fake fish instead of B List celebs...

I mean, that's only a small step below Iron Reef and Berry Tales. And now Knotts is putting in yet another coaster, but this time we get to soar above a parking lot...yay. I had hopes for Knotts and they did make some improvements, but sad that they won't help bring it back to where it was in the 60's - 90's.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"A dream stoked for more than a decade by ride enthusiasts of a massive Giga roller coaster rising more than 300 feet in the air above Knott’s Berry Farm that would be the beast of the West Coast for years to come remains just that — a dream.

Knott’s Berry Farm currently has no plans in the near future to add a Giga or Hyper coaster to the Buena Park theme park, according to Knott’s officials.

The latest speculation about a Giga or Hyper coaster coming to Knott’s were stoked by purportedly leaked ride layout plans submitted to the city of Buena Park that began making the rounds on social media in recent months. The detailed plans showed a massive track that started next to the GhostRider station and tunneled under Beach Boulevard toward the Soak City water park before making a sharp U-turn back toward Knott’s.

Knott’s Berry Farm can confirm that the Giga/Hyper coaster plans that have been circulating online did not come from Knott’s or parent company Cedar Fair, according to Knott’s officials.

The city of Buena Park’s official Twitter account dismissed the rumors about a Giga or Hyper coaster coming to Knott’s as completely false.

“Knott’s has not presented the city with plans for this rumored Giga coaster,” the City of Buena Park tweeted. “The rumors are not true.”

To make things crystal clear, Buena Park also tweeted that Knott’s has not presented plans to the city for a Hyper coaster or any other type of expansion."

PiratesMansion

Knott's doesn't need to take after Six Flags or Cedar Point, it needs to take after (if it is to be inspired by outside parks) Silver Dollar City or Dollywood. Those parks have-and Knott's needs-carefully chosen rides well-integrated into, and not contrasting from, the existing infrastructure. Now, obviously Knott's has more pressing spatial considerations, but that does not preclude them from being more careful or thoughtful with placement or integration of thrill rides.

I never understood the enthusiasm for throwing in a Giga anyway. Just wouldn't fit the park no matter how people tried to justify it.

KIGhostGuy

I went to Knott's Berry Farm for the first time in March. They need a giga ASAP. Knott's is a park that really needs additional capacity, something with height, and a long ride time, and a giga solves all three of those. Plus, it's a type of ride that's extremely reridable, and gives you something to ride again and again all day long.

Professortango1

I went to Knott's Berry Farm for the first time in March. They need a giga ASAP. Knott's is a park that really needs additional capacity, something with height, and a long ride time, and a giga solves all three of those. Plus, it's a type of ride that's extremely reridable, and gives you something to ride again and again all day long.
Sounds like they should build some high quality darkrides to eat up crowds. Knotts has plenty of Coasters with both Ghostrider and Silver Bullet being great headline experiences. They have height with Xcellerator and Supreme Scream. Knotts now needs more charm and detail, not more steel giants cluttering up the park.

Professortango1

Knotts needs Mystic Manor ride based on the Haunted Shack.
They just need more darkrides in general. I'll ride Timber Mountain, Calico Rapids, and Calico Mine and suffer through Beary Tales, but other than that it is nothing but flat rides and coasters. I love Ghostrider, but their reduced capacity for the design makes the ride's line move too slow to devote time to riding it. Knotts just needs some solid D tickets to give guests something to do other than carnival rides.

J4546

I realy like Knotts overall small town feel and I think a massive coaster looming over it would be way out of scale and not a good addition, Id love to see the boardwalk area get revamped because 1. the boardwalk and water area is so small it doesnt for 1 second feel like your on real boardwalk 2. Disney has a boardwalk themed area in their park and its much bigger and better imo and 3. The area has non shade or trees, its a barren concrete walkway that feel more ike six flags and 4. I personally dont ike the coasters back there, exception being xcellerator

Phroobar

Original Poster
Knott's shut down and evacuated everyone from the park tonight at 8:30 as hundreds of black teenagers started at least four large fights in various locations in the park. Knott's was tipped off by monitoring social media posts.

I witnessed one of the fights as a number of kids started a fight near the train. Security broke it up really quickly as hundreds of kids ran away. I ducked for cover as the mob came running towards me.

Security closed all the rides and shops and pushed everyone out. I was near the Ghost rider entrance when everyone started screaming and running the opposite way. My sister and I ducked for cover behind a wall in a cactus planter. We waited about ten minutes before things where clear and we got out of Dodge.

Traffic outside was crazy with lots of people in the streets. I got to my car and waited it out.

Mickey's Pal

Knott's shut down and evacuated everyone from the park tonight at 8:30 as hundreds of black teenagers started at least four large fights in various locations in the park. Knott's was tipped off by monitoring social media posts.

I witnessed one of the fights as a number of kids started a fight near the train. Security broke it up really quickly as hundreds of kids ran away. I ducked for cover as the mob came running towards me.

Security closed all the rides and shops and pushed everyone out. I was near the Ghost rider entrance when everyone started screaming and running the opposite way. My sister and I ducked for cover behind a wall in a cactus planter. We waited about ten minutes before things where clear and we got out of Dodge.

Traffic outside was crazy with lots of people in the streets. I got to my car and waited it out.
God what has happened to this park?! Starting to be like Six Flags back in the early 2000's.

Inspired Figment

Should’ve just said teenagers. You didn’t have to bring their race into the equation. Otherwise though, a real shame that this happened.. but it seems this pandemic has really brought out the worst in people I’m afraid. This definitely isn’t the behavior I’d expect at Knott’s.

Inspired Figment

God what has happened to this park?! Starting to be like Six Flags back in the early 2000's.
Nothing wrong with the park.. it’s really just these specific guests that are the issue. On the other hand though, Six Flags I expect to have these issues to a certain degree due to the lack of overall maintenance & upkeep.. not to mention the ‘mainly’ thrill based focus of the park with little to no real family oriented things to do in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom