All things Knotts Berry Farm

jrayfarm

Knott's shut down and evacuated everyone from the park tonight at 8:30 as hundreds of black teenagers started at least four large fights in various locations in the park. Knott's was tipped off by monitoring social media posts.

I witnessed one of the fights as a number of kids started a fight near the train. Security broke it up really quickly as hundreds of kids ran away. I ducked for cover as the mob came running towards me.

Security closed all the rides and shops and pushed everyone out. I was near the Ghost rider entrance when everyone started screaming and running the opposite way. My sister and I ducked for cover behind a wall in a cactus planter. We waited about ten minutes before things where clear and we got out of Dodge.

Traffic outside was crazy with lots of people in the streets. I got to my car and waited it out.

How is the race of the teenagers relevant to the story?

Phroobar

Original Poster
Should’ve just said teenagers. You didn’t have to bring their race into the equation. Otherwise though, a real shame that this happened.. but it seems this pandemic has really brought out the worst in people I’m afraid. This definitely isn’t the behavior I’d expect at Knott’s.
Actually since I was there and saw the fights it was entirely made up of African American teenagers. Each of the stampedes we're made up of these kids.

Mickey's Pal

Nothing wrong with the park.. it’s really just these specific guests that are the issue. On the other hand though, Six Flags I expect to have these issues to a certain degree due to the lack of overall maintenance & upkeep.. not to mention the ‘mainly’ thrill based focus of the park with little to no real family oriented things to do in the park.
I disagree. They made the park too affordable because of the pandemic like Six Flags used to be and now people associated with gangs and having no class are causing trouble. Last year there were was a shooting out front and tonight they said this was a fight between rival gangs. Six Flags Magic Mountain no longer has this issue.

They made season passes too affordable and this is the result. Now families are saying online they will never visit again. This brawl was major and is going to live in Theme Park history due to how big it was. Sure, fights can occur anywhere and the ones that happened at Disney , the one in Toon Town and the one this year, were and are shocking! However, those are few and far betwewn which make them shocking. And usually between a couple of people. But this- have you seen the footage?? Security guards were getting beaten up while laying on the ground!!

Mickey's Pal

How is the race of the teenagers relevant to the story?
Because it was black teenage gang members who were involved according to the reports. Starting multiple fights throughout the park. This was not some isolated Toon Town one off fight. This was a massive brawl throughtout the park that SHUT DOWN a major theme park in California.

Mickey's Pal

Actually since I was there and saw the fights it was entirely made up of African American teenagers. Each of the stampedes we're made up of these kids.
Are you ok? Did you and your family get out safely?? I hope so. God I hate to think what seeing something like this would be like for a young child just trying to enjoy Camp Snoopy. It makes me soo angry people with no class do stuff like this.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Are you ok? Ddi you and your family get out safely?? I hope so. God I hate to think what seeing something like this would be like for a young child just trying to enjoy Camp Snoopy. It makes me soo angry people with no class do stuff like this.
It was pretty scary at times especially the stampedes of guests.

I think a reason it doesn't happen at Disneyland is the reservation system makes it impossible for a call to go out on social media to meet at Disneyland right away for a brawl. It would have to be planned weeks in advance and teenage gangs can't do that. If such a thing did happen it would be a planned terrorist act.

mickEblu

I think a reason it doesn't happen at Disneyland is the reservation system makes it impossible for a call to go out on social media to meet at Disneyland right away for a brawl. It would have to be planned weeks in advance and teenage gangs can't do that. If such a thing did happen it would be a planned terrorist act.

I think also the price to get into Disneyland also has something to do with it.

So they “scheduled” these brawls for inside the park? Why? How dumb. They must not really want to fight.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I think also the price to get into Disneyland also has something to do with it.

So they “scheduled” these brawls for inside the park? Why? How dumb. They must not really want to fight.
It's not hard to say someone is fighting at Knott's on social media so head down right away. That is how Knott's knew something was up.

mickEblu

It's not hard to say someone is fighting at Knott's on social media so head down right away. That is how Knott's knew something was up.

I haven’t read any article just your post. For some reason I was under the impression that there were multiple simultaneous fights across the park. Like planned out ahead of time. Not sure why I jumped to that conclusion.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I haven’t read any article just your post. For some reason I was under the impression that there were multiple simultaneous fights across the park. Like planned out ahead of time. Not sure why I jumped to that conclusion.
There were multiple fights but they were traveling fights not scheduled.

Parteecia

Because it was black teenage gang members who were involved according to the reports
"Gang" rather than "(B)lack" may have been the better original modifier.

ETA: my reaction comes from personal experience. I hated when the miscreants were labeled as Mexican American - which also casts a suspicious eye on me - rather than gang, which doesn't. Especially when whites were never similarly called out.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
"Gang" rather than "(B)lack" may have been the better original modifier.

ETA: my reaction comes from personal experience. I hated when the miscreants were labeled as Mexican American - which also casts a suspicious eye on me - rather than gang, which doesn't. Especially when whites were never similarly called out.
Except in this case it was 100% black teenagers. There wasn't a kid over eighteen in that mob.

Parteecia

Except in this case it was 100% black teenagers. There wasn't a kid over eighteen in that mob.
I think you missed my point. By calling out Black (current preferred capitalization per AP and other stylebooks) you are impugning a population as their main defining attribute. And did you actually see all of them to be certain that they were all Black?

Mickey's Pal

I am glad you are ok. It is a fact that someone actually got stabbed and a security guard got his leg broken. One of the scariest videos is of a young boy just getting jumped and whaled on and no one in the crowd helps him as he cowers on the ground trying to protect his head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom