All things Knotts Berry Farm

CaptinEO

The "Boardwalk" area is an embarrassment - a scrambler and carny flyer? And their incomprehensible decision to go with concrete for the entire area vs. themed boardwalk-like stamped concrete similar to what is by Supreme Scream or slurry coat makes the entire area feel cold and like a parking lot. A long way down from the Roaring 20's airstrip feel from the 70's. It saddens me every time I walk back there.

Classic short-term savings vs. long-term theming impact decision. Putting in plain concrete is a loud "we don't care anymore" statement.
Didnt a number of the "new" boardwalk rides close soon after opening or am I getting confused?

The area looks so bad. It's like a church carnival.

el_super

Overall, the last 10 years have been very successful for the park.

Their success has mostly come from doing things the way Disney was doing things. They embraced their history, cleaned up their classic attractions and started offering promotions and festivals.

Tearing out a chunk of Ghosttown, ripping out part of the original Chicken Plant, to build a relatively unthemed 300 foot coaster, sure to annoy all the neighbors, is taking a huge leap backwards.

Although I'm sure there are some that would believe burning down crew's nest would make it all worth it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The "Boardwalk" area is an embarrassment - a scrambler and carny flyer? And their incomprehensible decision to go with concrete for the entire area vs. themed boardwalk-like stamped concrete similar to what is by Supreme Scream or slurry coat makes the entire area feel cold and like a parking lot. A long way down from the Roaring 20's airstrip feel from the 70's. It saddens me every time I walk back there.

Classic short-term savings vs. long-term theming impact decision. Putting in plain concrete is a loud "we don't care anymore" statement.
I think you are confusing it with this place:

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

KIGhostGuy

Isn't a slurry coat just blacktop? I would much rather have plain concrete than plain blacktop...

J4546

I agree the boardwalk area of Knotts is terrible with no "boardwalk" no shade, no feeling of being by water.....its just a really terrible area that feels like six flags. And even worse, CA is a mile or so away and they have a much better Boardwalk area imo that 5 times bigger. I really hope Knotts would retheme that area to something that disney doest have a better version of. Something tropical, dinosaurs, expand the fiesta village....I dont know but the current theming is trash.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I agree the boardwalk area of Knotts is terrible with no "boardwalk" no shade, no feeling of being by water.....its just a really terrible area that feels like six flags. And even worse, CA is a mile or so away and they have a much better Boardwalk area imo that 5 times bigger. I really hope Knotts would retheme that area to something that disney doest have a better version of. Something tropical, dinosaurs, expand the fiesta village....I dont know but the current theming is trash.
Still better than Pixar Pier.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Assume this is sarcasm/trolling.

Jack Jacks on a Stick are almost better than the carny rides, concrete, and sadness of that area. DCA (and God knows I am no DCA defender) with a huge lake, "wooden coaster", ferris wheel, themed shops/games, Lamplight Lounge looking over the lake, and actual attractions including Midway Mania is a themed experience (whether the Pixar over lay is a good theme or not is another debate).

This low rent, bad mall parking lot carnival is an embarrassment and a joke, but if you think the attached pictures look better than what you posted above at DCA, well....then that's why we get the parks we deserve.
Meh.

Disney Analyst

Now where did SeaWorld Entertainment get $3.4B from.

I did start a thread this morning when this news dropped:

@seascape mentioned this:

This is actually a good move for Seaworld. Cedar Fair has the lowest value of the three regional chains. Their market cap at yesterdays close was $2.75 billlion. Seaworld's market cap was $4.5 billion while Six Flags was $3.32 billion. It will be interesting to see what Six Flags does in response to this because the combined Seaworld and Cedar Fair has a combined attendance of over 50 million in 2019 and that would put them within 1 million of Universals 2019 attendance.

CaptinEO

I can't decide which park is ran worse, Sea World or Knotts Berry Farm. Don't know if this is a win or a loss.

Knotts at least has the Chicken Restaraunt and Marketplace that doesn't require admission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom