All things Knotts Berry Farm

fctiger

I honestly never, every watch their content...I'm sure they are all very nice people but the general Disney vlogger thing is incredibly disappointing to me. That being said, I went over to see what all the hubub was about and if they don't get the issue...well, it just proves why my feelings about vloggers has been right all along.

I watch them quite a bit and really enjoy a lot of their videos. But in this instance they were dead wrong. The fact is even if they try to claim they were socially distancing they were not actually allowed to eat there and why they were eating in the parking lot and the not picnic tables. Those were closed for a reason because they don't want people to congregate there. The fact they did that already proved they were in the wrong.

Same time, of course we all get it. People are missing their friends and other family members and want to spend time together. And I know people's strange hate for vloggers here but I don't think its just about that per se because as I said in my OP here this is just a small example of what's to come once these parks are opened again and plenty of people will be doing things like this. Because not only will it be a place where the masses can hang out again but it will naturally bring friends and other family members together. No one wants to meet up at Target or sit around talking outside of a 7-11. But once real entertainment areas opens up its going to bring a lot of these issues and literally the reason why California shut down some of the beaches a few weeks ago after they opened them. Not everyone is going to socially distance no matter how times you tell people they should.

But the comments section is pretty crazy lol. Dave, the actual vloggr, is trying to be very diplomatic and explain their side of things which seems to have just as many people agreeing with him as they disagree. His wife however as another poster pointed out, is coming off really mean and belligerent to people who questioned what they did. But what did she expect? MOST people do take this stuff very seriously, especially when you're not wearing face masks and eating in an area you weren't suppose to be in. But its solid proof why these parks shouldn't open any time soon unfortunately.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No mention of Scary Farm being delayed to next year
Oh trust me. that will be the next thing officially announced. If you cant have the 100 year celebration or Ghost Town Alive there is nooooo way you can have Scary Farm with actors right in your face or people walking close together in mazez getting close to actors. Not gonna happen at all this year.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

But the comments section is pretty crazy lol. Dave, the actual vloggr, is trying to be very diplomatic and explain their side of things which seems to have just as many people agreeing with him as they disagree.
Yeah he started off that way but he at one point got very angry like the Hulk out of nowhere when he said there was enough distance between them all and everyone pointed out there was not 6ft distnace. He angrily said "I don't need anyone using a ruler on me! There was plenty of space between us!"

TP2000

I'm madder about the hypocrisy that he has. He is advising people to stay home, not go out except for essential reasons, yet here he is hanging out with his friends and completely ignoring what he's said the last few weeks.

I guarantee when Disneyland announces a reopening date, he will be the first to say "don't go" and yet the first one in the parks on reopening day.

Like many people who work for themselves or own a small business (his YouTube channel) his revenue stream has dried up over the last 30 days. He needs to pay his mortgage and buy groceries for his family, so he has to get back out there and make compelling and interesting videos again. And doing his 28th video from his basement saying "Yup, all parks are still closed. Day 47." isn't going to bring in the clicks and the dollars.

So he went to Knott's Berry Farm with blogger friends and had a picnic. And that is still just as annoying as when he'd go into Disneyland and film himself buying the latest gimmicky churro flavor and declare it to be AMAAAAAZING!

mickEblu

I saw the video. I don’t think it was a big deal. I’m doing the same thing with my family members except for the pie feeding by hand. That and we re meeting at each other’s homes instead of an empty parking lot. Most of us stopped doing the mask thing (when not in public) a few weeks ago and we ve shared many meals together since.

Darkbeer1

Diana Bahena from Knott's PR Department was on the Tim Conway Jr. Show at KFI. The podcast is available on the iHeart App. Interview starts at the 33 minute mark.

Phroobar

Original Poster
blog-image--pattie-fountian-2.jpg

cmwade77

I saw the video. I don’t think it was a big deal. I’m doing the same thing with my family members except for the pie feeding by hand. That and we re meeting at each other’s homes instead of an empty parking lot. Most of us stopped doing the mask thing (when not in public) a few weeks ago and we ve shared many meals together since.
I think as others have said it is the hipocracy, not so much the act itself.

Darkbeer1

Any summary please? I can't really listen to it at the moment.

From a Facebook post I wrote

>>Let me try and write a summary of the 9 minute interview. The Senior PR Rep, Diana Bahena. The host, Tim Conway Jr. talks about how his 14 year old daughter has Knott's as a big part of her life, as with her friends. Tim talks about his memories of the Haunted Shack, and how his very famous father would bring back pastries from his visits to Knott's. Then they discuss the fact that the Chicken to Go, Bakery and the Berry Market are open, and your options to purchasing the items (Online, phone (714-220-5083) and in person/carryout). Then they discussed the Boysenberry Festival, and that it was cancelled. Tim then asked "When will the park re-open?", Diana then gave the generic corporate response of as soon as possible. Diana then discusses the work going on currently (mainly cleaning and maintenance), installing hand sanitizers and the Bear-y Tales ride, Then Season Passes be extended through 2021. Tim then raves about the decision and praises the park.<<

cmwade77

I wonder when they open again will there be live entertainment. I would love to see Krazy Kurt with an Elvis face mask.
My guess is there will be, but it will be limited to some degree based on what the performers are comfortable with, what state and local laws allow and such. Basically this means outdoor and larger venues with limited number of performers and support staff. So, some shows that could work still are:
  • Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies at the stunt show venue
  • Outdoor bands with limited seating
  • A show with few performers inside the Charles M Shultz Theater
These are only a few examples, but gives an idea of what might be doable during Phase 3 of reopening California, Phase 4 should see all restrictions removed completely.

Phroobar

Original Poster
My guess is there will be, but it will be limited to some degree based on what the performers are comfortable with, what state and local laws allow and such. Basically this means outdoor and larger venues with limited number of performers and support staff. So, some shows that could work still are:
  • Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies at the stunt show venue
  • Outdoor bands with limited seating
  • A show with few performers inside the Charles M Shultz Theater
These are only a few examples, but gives an idea of what might be doable during Phase 3 of reopening California, Phase 4 should see all restrictions removed completely.
They could totally do the outdoor bands especially the ones a the Calico Stage. The Birdcage could be a problem since it's so close up. The Saloon shouldn't be a problem if the performers don't leave the stage.

cmwade77

They could totally do the outdoor bands especially the ones a the Calico Stage. The Birdcage could be a problem since it's so close up. The Saloon shouldn't be a problem if the performers don't leave the stage.
The issue with the Saloon they I can see is how crowded the first floor can get and since there is no elevator, they can't simply close off the first floor.

I suppose they could make it seating for disabled only and keep only one side of the bar open, leaving some extra room on the first floor.

Even the stunt show could be accomplished with some modifications.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think it's funny people are telling someone how they can or can't enjoy food with friends.

Like what are the comments trying to do, school him because he made a "no-no"?

I despise Disney vlog videos and can't stand them. However, even I think it's dumb to get upset.

If they went to a grocery store and started force feeding people half eaten boysenberry pie with their uncovered hands, I'd see the outrage.
Its not about enjoying food with friends, it was about hypocrisy and the lack of consideration for the rest of the public especially since you are not even supposed to be out with friends at the time the video was made.

Giss Neric

Nothing grosses me out more than watching people eat 🤮, especially Disney vloggers who have questionable social skills to begin with. They literally did everything wrong that the state is advising but hey, gotta get them disviews. Ugh.
The only thing they did wrong was find an empty abandoned parking lot and had a picnic there. They were following the rules when they were purchasing the fried chicken and boysenberry stuff. Yes, they could have gone to curbside pick up and just went to someone's house but hey they need the content.

Giss Neric

Its not about enjoying food with friends, it was about hypocrisy and the lack of consideration for the rest of the public especially since you are not even supposed to be out with friends at the time the video was made.
I'm pretty sure they weren't the only ones doing that. It's just it was documented through a vlog. It doesn't help that people here hate "vloggers" in general, so what they do won't matter cause they'll get criticized. Ya'll always criticize their content to begin with whether it's eating stuff, riding rides, buying merch etc.

If they bought the fried chicken and boysenberry stuff at Knotts and they immediately head home then they did a taste test/eating show/mukbang in the comfort of their own home cause they were considerate by not eating with their friends, would you be okay with it and watch it? No cause ya'll still will hate it no matter what,

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm pretty sure they weren't the only ones doing that. It's just it was documented through a vlog. It doesn't help that people here hate "vloggers" in general, so what they do won't matter cause they'll get criticized. Ya'll always criticize their content to begin with whether it's eating stuff, riding rides, buying merch etc.

If they bought the fried chicken and boysenberry stuff at Knotts and they immediately head home then they did a taste test/eating show/mukbang in the comfort of their own home cause they were considerate by not eating with their friends, would you be okay with it and watch it? No cause ya'll still will hate it no matter what,
1. I was talking about their group in particular.
don't care if others are doing it. these people are filming themselves doing it and putting it out there so judgement is fair game.
2. Yeah, i would be ok with that . because they would not be in a group in a filthy rat invested parking lot with a infant. they would be doing what they were meant to do, go get the food and go home and eat it to enjoy. no problem if they did that but they did the 100% complete opposite of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom