All things Knotts Berry Farm

Emmanuel

C6ED4B5F-E3B1-48D6-AA51-C4A5840A8533.png

cmwade77

Knott's is now saying Mid May for reopening. They are also saying Season Passes will be extended by the number of days they are closed, but I don't see how that is beneficial for anyone that will renew for next year as next year's passes will start on Jan 1 and end at the end of the year, it's not like other theme parks where they are valid for a year from purchase date. Unless Knott's plans on changing that next year.

Darkbeer1

Knott's is now saying Mid May for reopening. They are also saying Season Passes will be extended by the number of days they are closed, but I don't see how that is beneficial for anyone that will renew for next year as next year's passes will start on Jan 1 and end at the end of the year, it's not like other theme parks where they are valid for a year from purchase date. Unless Knott's plans on changing that next year.

Cedar Fair has announced that they are adding additional days to the end of the original 2020 schedule to make up for the days lost due to the shutdown, including CGA.

What they are saying is they are collecting monthly payments, and that no refunds will be offered. That keeps the parks on a regular calendar year.

Knott's is the exception, being year round. So CF announced days added to the 2020 SP to keep the same policy of no refunds, and payments on the pre-planned schedule, depending on when you signed the electronic contract.

When things are finalized on a re-opening date, that is when CF will address the 2021 renewal policy and pricing. It is presumed that the Knott's renewal price will reflect the days that the 2020 was extended. But that is an issue to be addressed in the future.

Last edited:

Professortango1

29251635608_1eafbee779_b.jpg

The kids rode this one in the rain over and over. The poor employee couldn't shut it down and go home. He had to stand there in the rain and run the ride while everything else closed.

I remember them sitting me in that thing with a random stranger. And I felt bad since they sat me on the inside and I am not a small man. The entire time I was straining to keep from smashing this poor random girl. My friends thought it was hysterical; I still wake up in a cold sweat over the ordeal.

Darkbeer1

>>Knott’s Berry Farm could see an attendance drop of nearly 700,000 visitors and a $33 million revenue loss from the two-month coronavirus closure of the Buena Park theme park, based on data from its parent company and industry analysts.

The Knott’s theme park, hotel and outdoor shopping mall remain closed for two months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Cedar Fair, the parent company of Knott’s, has shuttered all 11 of its North American theme parks through mid-May.

Data analysis based on Cedar Fair’s 2018 annual report and 2018 attendance figures from Burbank-based Themed Entertainment Association offer a glimpse of the potential impact on attendance and revenue at Knott’s and its parent company’s other theme parks during the coronavirus closure.

The closure of every Cedar Fair amusement park in North America could cost the company more than $100 million in lost revenue as its attendance takes a 2 million-plus visitor hit due to the coronavirus outbreak, according to the Cedar Fair and TEA annual reports. The losses assume Cedar Fair parks remain closed through May 15.

In Buena Park, Knott’s could lose more than $500,000 a day while the park is closed from March 14 through mid-May. A two-month closure of Knott’s could cost the park $33.3 million in lost revenue, based on data from the Cedar Fair and TEA annual reports.

To put the potential loss in perspective, that’s roughly equal to what Knott’s is estimated to have spent on the new Hang Time dive coaster, the park’s marquee Silver Bullet coaster and the former Voyage to the Iron Reef dark ride combined.

Knott’s is the only year-round theme park in the Cedar Fair chain, which includes Cedar Point and Kings Island in Ohio, Kings Dominion in Virginia and Canada’s Wonderland outside Toronto.

Cedar Fair’s 11 theme parks drew a combined 25.9 million visitors in 2018, according to the Themed Entertainment Association annual report. A majority of Cedar Fair’s 2018 attendance was drawn by the chain’s four biggest parks: Knott’s (4.1 million visitors), Canada’s Wonderland (3.8 million), Cedar Point (3.7 million) and Kings Island (3.5 million), according to the TEA report.

Across the chain, the two-month COVID-19 closure could cost Cedar Fair $112 million in lost revenue and result in a decline of 2.4 million visitors, based on data from the annual reports.

The $100 million-plus loss is roughly equal to what Cedar Fair paid for four of its marquee coasters: Gatekeeper at Cedar Point, Leviathan at Canada’s Wonderland, Banshee at Kings Island and Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion, according to Roller Coaster Database.

Cedar Fair’s per capita spending in 2018 provides some insight into the financial hit the company is experiencing during the two-month closure of its 11 amusement parks. Dividing $1.2 billion in revenue generated within Cedar Fair amusement parks, water parks and from parking by 25.9 million in total attendance results in $47.69 in-park per capita spending, according to the company’s 2018 annual report.

The two-month coronavirus closure could cost Cedar Fair parks more than 180 operating days at the company’s 11 amusement parks, according to Coaster 101. The roller coaster enthusiast website compiled a comprehensive list of 2020 opening dates and operating schedules for American theme parks. Cedar Fair has taken down amusement park calendars on all its websites.

The loss of approximately 180 operating days represents less than 10% of Cedar Fair’s 2,000-plus annual operating days across the amusement park chain.<<

Emmanuel

Hang Time - the best coaster in the park. It's very smooth and scary going up the tower on your back. It looks incredible at night. The lights follow the train around the track.

Knott_s_Berry_Farm_(75374).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I rode that for the first time last year during Scary Farm thanks to the fright and fast lane purchased for that evening. The lift and the hanging at the top was perhaps the scariest moments in that ride though it probably was scarier for me because the loader put me in the front row 😅 But I’ll definitely ride it again in the future

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom