News All-New Nighttime Parade Disney Starlight Set to Debut at Magic Kingdom in 2025

TTA94

I've heard of no plans to change FoF, all the focus is on the night parade, which is looking good.

Off topic but is there any chance of other new entertainment or updates/additions to any existing entertainment at any of the parks in 2025?

And back on topic, when do you think we might get more details from Disney? Soon or likely not for awhile?

brb1006

I honestly prefer the parade route to be dark over the lighting for certain sections of the park like Disneyland has incorporated into Main Street Electrical Parade beginning in 2017. The entire parade route being pitch black gave the electrical parades at Walt Disney World and Disneyland more charm.
julydisneyana20368.jpg

2017-01-21-MSEP-0051.jpg

Spectromagic1991.jpg

300121898_16129f4c40_b.jpg

Disneyland deciding to incorporate lighting into the parade route MSEP in 2017 and later introducing projections in 2022 doesn't feel right in my eyes.
maxresdefault.jpg

Main-Street-Electrical-Parade-Returns-Disneyland-Park-Media-Preview-Event-New-Finale-Nighttime...jpg

If anything it makes the parade route look too bright! Let the parade's lights do the work. Really hope WDW doesn't follow suit for Disney Starlight.

Last edited:

brb1006

I've heard of no plans to change FoF, all the focus is on the night parade, which is looking good.
If I remember correctly, Disney Starlight is set to have almost the same amount of parade floats as Spectromagic and not to short degree at PTN and MSEP (post-removal of Dumbo and the second section of Pinocchio).

TTA94

I honestly prefer the parade route to be dark over the lighting for certain sections of the park like Disneyland has incorporated into Main Street Electrical Parade beginning in 2017. The entire parade route being pitch black gave the electrical parades at Walt Disney World and Disneyland more charm.
julydisneyana20368.jpg

View attachment 811250
View attachment 811242
View attachment 811251

Disneyland deciding to incorporate lighting into the parade route MSEP in 2017 and later introducing projections in 2022 doesn't feel right in my eyes.
View attachment 811248

View attachment 811249
If anything it makes the parade route look too bright! Let the parade's lights do the work. Really hope WDW doesn't follow suit for Disney Starlight.

From what others have said it sounds like MK will be getting similar parade route lighting. I do think it’s a nice touch for the beginning of the parade but not during the parade.

TTA94

Starship824

In the Parks
No
From what others have said it sounds like MK will be getting similar parade route lighting. I do think it’s a nice touch for the beginning of the parade but not during the parade.
I thought during Main Street electrical parade they turned off the lights and only did them before the actual parade got there?

TrainsOfDisney

Everyone — as you enjoy this new parade, remember to check your mental list of Disney complaints between floats. If you do it to the rhythm of the music, hopefully you’ll manage to mostly remain in the moment.
There’s no need to paint those of us who criticize the company as being unable to enjoy the parks.

I’ll be honest… I was beginning to think I was getting too jaded and cynical since I didn’t like any new Disney fireworks show…. And then I saw Wondrous Journeys at Disneyland and realized…. No it’s not me. The recent WDW shows just haven’t been that good! Haha.

I think Wondrous Journeys and Magic Happens Parade are pretty close to perfect - I watched them both over and over again last year.

jrhwdw

There’s no need to paint those of us who criticize the company as being unable to enjoy the parks.

I’ll be honest… I was beginning to think I was getting too jaded and cynical since I didn’t like any new Disney fireworks show…. And then I saw Wondrous Journeys at Disneyland and realized…. No it’s not me. The recent WDW shows just haven’t been that good! Haha.

I think Wondrous Journeys and Magic Happens Parade are pretty close to perfect - I watched them both over and over again last year.
Wonder when MK attempt to replace HEA again? DE couldn't last outside of DAH.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom