All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno1982

Oh, but it would have been so easy to do both...

Great point. Why do we either get one or the other? Ten years from now we'll be discussing how they're finally finishing the ride, just like we're discussing how they're finally fixing the mistakes made ten years ago. If they'd do things right the first time, we could be discussing new attractions instead of fixes for the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And your Back to Back TR's are going to be interesting. What makde you add another?
Err... the opportunity presented itself. And we always wanted to visit during the holidays. And my birthday :D
Then why did you say, "You sure about that?" when I said that there's no way the money being used for the descent is going toward Imagination?
You`re right. I misread you. I apologise. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Great point. Why do we either get one or the other? Ten years from now we'll be discussing how they're finally finishing the ride, just like we're discussing how they're finally fixing the mistakes made ten years ago. If they'd do things right the first time, we could be discussing new attractions instead of fixes for the park.
Exactly. Disney used to do things like that.:shrug:

Err... the opportunity presented itself. And we always wanted to visit during the holidays. And my birthday :D
You`re right. I misread you. I apologise. :wave:

Wooooot! Sounds epic, Martin! Enjoy!

*steals away in Camera bag*:lookaroun:lol:

jt04

JWG

To answer the question in the thread title, yes. Yes, they have given up on SSE.

Though I have to agree with some, that to the regular average guest, SSE is done and it's fine. The descent is the interactive cartoon at the end and no one thinks any better or worse of it.

It's only to those select few that an added triangle or a moved curtain matters. To 98% of the people, SSE is done, new, updated and wonderful.

No different than the HM where we're waiting for the Hat box ghost. To 99% of the world done and awesome.

Disney knows what audience matters and the fan-atics aren't that base at that detail.

Plus, if the time and energy spent is being refocused on LaL (yes, we have a picture), tarps and Figs... I'm fine with a cartoon at the end of SSE for another year.

jt04

To answer the question in the thread title, yes. Yes, they have given up on SSE.

Though I have to agree with some, that to the regular average guest, SSE is done and it's fine. The descent is the interactive cartoon at the end and no one thinks any better or worse of it.

It's only to those select few that an added triangle or a moved curtain matters. To 98% of the people, SSE is done, new, updated and wonderful.

No different than the HM where we're waiting for the Hat box ghost. To 99% of the world done and awesome.

Disney knows what audience matters and the fan-atics aren't that base at that detail.

Plus, if the time and energy spent is being refocused on LaL (yes, we have a picture), tarps and Figs... I'm fine with a cartoon at the end of SSE for another year.

Me too, but "Figs"? Whassat?

HMF

Original Poster
Disney gave up on SSE...:cry:

Well, for now at least.:eek: At leas the thoughts, plans, and half of the decsent is sitting behind the #$&(#$*&-ing curtains.:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:
If it is going to take a while I guess me and my future Imagineering crew are going to be the ones fixing it.:animwink:

Vernonpush

(See bolded) Ah, just like the end of Horizons (choose your future) but "even more specific" (with YOUR face and "input").
I will give them another year (for "plussing" a refurb - i.e. make it "new again"), then I will start the complaining.

EPCOT Explorer

Here is what Disney needs to do while we wait. Deploy these all over all of Epcot including surrounding SSE 360 degrees.

Nice read. Better technology. Illuminations + these = :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

http://www.gizmag.com/philips-colorreach-powercore-led-architectural-floodlighting/11820/
That would be epic.:D

Do you people do anything besides moan, groan and whine?
You are moaning, groaning and whining about us...:wave:

Vernonpush

Do you people do anything besides moan, groan and whine?
Moen
moen-faucets.jpg

Groin
groin.jpg

and wine.
wine_5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom