Aliens in Great Movie Ride

DizneyPryncess

The alien from the ceiling didn't work at all last time I rode it, last May. Might have just been an off day though. The alien on the side worked fine as far as I know.

One Lil Spark: I'm 28, and I still get nervous too. :lol:

So the aliens do still scare me, but the Nigel moon on Journey Into Your Imagination scares me more. :eek: Nothing is as scary as that, lol.

RonAnnArbor

Well, historically, the Alien scene was one of the "money shots" in the attraction when they opened MGM in order to jump the gun on Universal Studios, but it has really become an afterthought over the years -- lots of TGMR have changed and have been dumbed down over the years....the Busby Berkeley girls used to rotate and had a bubble and smoke effect...The Alien affect hasn't worked in at least two years as far as I can tell -- the alien no longer climbs down a few feet above you -- it just moves its head with smoke coming out, the one on the right hasn't changed at all...The propeller in Casablanca ride was not working either in December or March on my last couple trips...

BrerFrog

So, should I create an "Alien is on B-Mode" thread so that we can gather over a hundred angry comments about yet another AA? :lol:

Seriously, I hope that was temporary because otherwise things are getting ridiculous. :(

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Are you basing that on fact or are you just making an assumption?

As for Sigourney Weaver...

2497856175_dc77f51c61.jpg
3EllenRipleyPlayedbySigourneyWeaverin_imagelarge.jpg

Looks like some CM snuck in behind the scenes one night with a bottle of hair relaxer.
They zipped her up real tight too for those cold Florida summers.
I got a file of live on-ride audio from GMR off of Mousebits a while back. My sister and I listen to it all the time and crack up!

Here's how the audio goes...

Ride Announcer: This is "Alien". You are with Sigourney Weaver aboard the spaceship Nostromo..."
Gangster who has hijacked the ride vehicle in a thick Jersey accent: "What in the world is a Sigourney Weaver?"

:ROFLOL:

I know it's silly, but we die laughing and regularly say that to each other now.

Sketch105

It saddens me that after being hijacked by the gangster, we slow crawl through this space..I remember those Aliens leaning out much farther towards the cars. Now the mouths just move? psssh!

These are probably the same kids that leave Its Tough to Be A Bug screaming and crying because lights went out and they got poked a couple times. If this keeps up that show will shoot bubbles and rainbows at you.

Sorry for the old man rant. I just hate seeing rides brought to the lowest common denominator.

We took our 20 month old to ITTBAB last month and she loved it. Wore the glasses and everything.

Master Gracey 5

Well, historically, the Alien scene was one of the "money shots" in the attraction when they opened MGM in order to jump the gun on Universal Studios, but it has really become an afterthought over the years -- lots of TGMR have changed and have been dumbed down over the years....the Busby Berkeley girls used to rotate and had a bubble and smoke effect...The Alien affect hasn't worked in at least two years as far as I can tell -- the alien no longer climbs down a few feet above you -- it just moves its head with smoke coming out, the one on the right hasn't changed at all...The propeller in Casablanca ride was not working either in December or March on my last couple trips...

I believe they shut the Footlight Parade down because of maintenance issues. For some reason the spinning structure kept failing so they left it be. Its been like that a long time now.

We took our 20 month old to ITTBAB last month and she loved it. Wore the glasses and everything.

Awesome! I'd be proud of that one. I bet she loved the bug glasses.

plaz10

After getting scared so badly when I was 7 at the aliens, I STILL (at age 27) get anxious before that scene. Though I hope it's not another broken effect, I'm secretly glad if there's more fog and less alien... :lookaroun :lol:

I still get scared too! Now I can REALLY use my excuse of "oh there is so much fog I can't see" (then closes eyes).:lookaroun

steener618

I remember when the Alien used to jump out and scare the heck outta me. It seems to have toned downed over the years. I wish they would fix that.

Although to be honest, GMR could use a few new movies added to it. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics...but it could use some updating with a few new movies.

PurpleDragon

I quit riding that ride a few years back to due more to the lackluster CM performances more than anything else. The last time I rode TGMR the CM acted like she was bored out of her mind and had no interest in being there. So I quit riding after that.:rolleyes:

Okay, 3 comments...
1. I also hate Wizard of Oz, always have, as does my hubby.
2. The Nigel moon is seriously a scary thing.
3. The chili burp is WAY scarier than the alien in the alien encounter...

15 days to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steener618

I quit riding that ride a few years back to due more to the lackluster CM performances more than anything else. The last time I rode TGMR the CM acted like she was bored out of her mind and had no interest in being there. So I quit riding after that.:rolleyes:

Yea sometimes the CM guides are like that, especially if they have to do it all day long. Personally I do not like it when the CM's are TOO into the role, like its their life. I remember one girl who shriek with too much excitement as the guide...ear drum piercing volume, lol.

joanna71985

I believe they shut the Footlight Parade down because of maintenance issues. For some reason the spinning structure kept failing so they left it be. Its been like that a long time now.

The Footlight Parade scene was changed because the scene kept leaking (and the water was ruining the track).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom