Aliens in Great Movie Ride

GoofyRacer11

IMO, I think the reason for them toning down the alien affects is that they got a lot of complaints of being to scary. Kind of like how the shooting at the hippo scene in the Jungle Cruise got taken out.

Courtney1188

After getting scared so badly when I was 7 at the aliens, I STILL (at age 27) get anxious before that scene. Though I hope it's not another broken effect, I'm secretly glad if there's more fog and less alien... :lookaroun :lol:

Agreed! I'm 22 and still have to fight to resist the urge to bury my face into my dad's shoulder like I did at age 6, haha.

KevinFlynn

Kind of like how the shooting at the hippo scene in the Jungle Cruise got taken out.

The shooting the hippos was taken out because animal rights got their undies in a bunch because Skippers were shooting at an endangered animal. Even though it's fake.:brick:The gun shots still happen.

Future Guy

Well I heard that the Alien is going to be replaced with Stitch, who will burp chili-dog breath all over you before retracting back into the ceiling.

And when I say I "heard" that, I mean I made it up just now :D

Edisto Pluto

Always take time to ride the GMR. We still love it but it may be time for a refurb or refresh.................but even if they don't we will continue to enjoy.

Thunder Fan

Original Poster
I was thinking that a replacement of footlight parade, tarzan scene, and retheming the alien piece would make the ride much better - those scenes are so blah anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom