Alien Swirling Saucers

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I won't get to ride it until next month but can anyone tell me whether or not it might be kinda hard on people with motion sickness? I've finally reached a point where I can't even ride the Teacups anymore. Or Star Tours. Or Mission Space. Or Flight of Passage. Or Astro Orbiter. So I was curious what this ride might make me feel like.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I won't get to ride it until next month but can anyone tell me whether or not it might be kinda hard on people with motion sickness? I've finally reached a point where I can't even ride the Teacups anymore. Or Star Tours. Or Mission Space. Or Flight of Passage. Or Astro Orbiter. So I was curious what this ride might make me feel like.
That's the thing...it's not only bad, it's not even close to thrilling. Teacups is WAY more intense, assuming you actually spin your wheel.

It's more tame than Astro Orbiter and not even close to the E-Tickets you named. I personally can ride the teacups without the spinning, but can't with it. I really think you'll be fine on Alien, but it's not even worth it unless you literally walk on it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My future DiL has motion sickness issues and was fine on the saucers. It isn't exactly a thrill ride. She can ride Star Tours, but can't handle FoP, MS, Teacups or any coasters.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I think the same criticism can be made with Pandora and the Navi river ride. That was as lame as you can get. I waited for over 2 hours for a slow boat right that didn't offer anything
At least it has some unique elements and is themed for immersion in the land. The animatronic is cool...some of the effects above your head are cool. It was a 20-30 minute wait any time while I was there last week and you could also get a Fast Pass at any time same day.

KBLovedDisney

Sick. I say probably sick.

Edit: Then again, I don't know.

Haven't ridden it myself, but you sound like me. I can't do any rough simulators or spinny rides. Did Astro Orbiter this past trip for the first time. Yeah...not doing that again.

Oddly though, I can handle roller coasters no problem. Also can handle Dinorama's coaster too...

Eh. Just try it. Sounds and looks really tame.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Sick. I say probably sick.

Haven't ridden it myself, but you sound like me. I can't do any rough simulators or spinny rides. Did Astro Orbiter this past trip for the first time. Yeah...not doing that again.

Oddly though, I can handle roller coasters no problem.
Can we get you a Disney vacation sooner than 584 days from now!? Sheesh, maybe you just need more ride time to get acclimated to spinny rides. :D

KBLovedDisney

Thems some fightin' words, partner.
tumblr_ourc7xd3SX1sqf5tdo4_400.gif

That's a tough territory, pilgrim.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Was there this morning. The new land did what it aimed to do. Provide something for the young families. It is cute and all the children I saw were having a great time. Slinky was nicer than Barnstormer and themed better. The entire land speaks to children. We enjoyed ourselves as adults as we love the Toy Story films.
B1BE0AAE-37F0-4A60-8146-8BCC6FEE6625.jpeg
A2918AE4-527A-4B24-83B2-57917E3FAC7C.jpeg
14B3FF13-C78C-471C-9118-C67DA1B7DE50.jpeg
85FE1D9E-E37F-4B88-9D42-75AE904C59D3.jpeg
292CCBAC-773E-4D9A-B7FD-98B75B256597.jpeg
D89E92C0-E21A-4722-A7D8-42BFE1E5C6F6.jpeg

The Empress Lilly

If you don't care for the ride, don't ride it. That'll mean there's a shorter queue so my 3 yo, who loves the Saucers ride, to ride it multiple times.
That's like a hillbilly who walks into a formerly upscale restaurant, rearranges his backwards cap, and on misplaced triumphant tone proclaims that if the fine diners don't enjoy the new tater tots with ketchup menu, three year olds will.

The Empress Lilly

Was there this morning. The new land did what it aimed to do. Provide something for the young families. It is cute and all the children I saw were having a great time.
That calls for the classic Walt wisdom:

waltdisney1-2x.jpg

Everybody can amuse a four year old. All I need is my Tyrannosaur hand puppet and a funny voice. Everything McDonald's needs is a slide and some coloured balls. The genius of Disney' parks is not that they can amuse the four year old just like everybody else, but that they managed to amuse the adult.

eliza61nyc

waltdisney1-2x.jpg

Everybody can amuse a four year old. All I need is my Tyrannosaur hand puppet and a funny voice. Everything McDonald's needs is a slide and some coloured balls. The genius of Disney' parks is not that they can amuse the four year old just like everybody else, but that they managed to amuse the adult.

and who is the rest of HS geared toward?? ToT, rock and roller coaster and Star tours pretty much are for big kids.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

waltdisney1-2x.jpg

And Toy amuses adults and children in this area. It is an awesome area without restrictively harsh height requirements that adults brush off. It’s an area for children and adults with a fondness for Toys. Not everything needs to be aimed for thrills in WDW. Balance. It is themed well for the Targeted audience as will but differently Star Wars. Balance. Something for everyone

I am Timmy

How many people can fit in one car? Say, 3 skinny, short adults? I mean, although it doesn't look like much, we will still ride it once for prosperity and to decide what we think. As is required with any new attraction at DW, at least for my family. We love the movies, but none of us are young children. My boys used to love A Bug's Life playground and there were no attractions, so we'll see how we feel about it after finally getting there.....so close............ yet so far..........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom