Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

CSOM

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I was also told SIR's eyes weren't on...and Skippy's test chamber was too smokey... *shrug*

I don't remember the eyes not being on, but we waited in the holding/pre-show area for about 15 minutes on Saturday before being let in, and the second test chamber was too smokey, couldn't see skippy in it at all really. The tongue effect hasn't been working well for a while now.

I think I enjoy this attraction more and more each time I see it, definately will be missed.

Bringing up the humor aspect, don't forget the whole pre-show "advertisements" on the screens. The best one IMO is the anti-gravity dog food because "what goes down, mustn't come back up" or something to that effect. There are 4-5 more, but i'm exhausted and can't think right now

Moustronaut

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Well, it already is humerouse.
For example:

"Oh, shut up scuffy, you're not burned you've just got a healthy glow"

"I've been siezed!" "Somthing you ate sir?" "Siezed with inspiration!"

"Its an alien!" "Its my mother-in-law!"

"Hello! Is everyone alright down there?" "No, we're screaming for the fun of it."

"Alien, don't eat me! Eat this one!"

"And, to those of you who didn't get eaten, got eating, and good day."

Not funny huh?

Originally posted by dxwwf3

How could you leave out "My Mouth Was Open"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about... the woman who askes "Who's Brain is this?!?!"

DigitalDisney

Back to the original post:

Sadly, I must admit that AE will probably disappear off the face of the earth.

Consider this though. While the rumors may seem a little outlandish and uncredited, remember that Jeffery Jones plays a major role in AE, and he also played a major negative role in the news halfway recently.

Remember when Michael Jackson started getting a little weird and we lost Captain EO around the same time.

Hrmm......

dxwwf3

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Back to the original post:

Sadly, I must admit that AE will probably disappear off the face of the earth.

Consider this though. While the rumors may seem a little outlandish and uncredited, remember that Jeffery Jones plays a major role in AE, and he also played a major negative role in the news halfway recently.

Remember when Michael Jackson started getting a little weird and we lost Captain EO around the same time.

Hrmm......

That's very true but how many people that go on the attraction acutally know who Jeffery Jones is? Or know that he is Chairman Clench? Or actually know what he did? :lol:

I can totally see where you are coming from but comparing Jeffery Jones in AE to Michael Jackson in EO (where he had no facial makeup and everyone knew MJ was in it because of the marketing) isn't really fair. Let me put it this way if they say they are changing AE ONLY because of Jeffery Jones I will be even more upset.

stingrock23

Let's hope they do a good job with the rehab. I enjoyed AE, and will miss it. I'm actually lucky enough to be going to the world from oct 6-11, so i'll get to experience it a few more times before it's gone forever.

:( :(

strobe

Originally posted by wdwfan65
Never liked Alien encounter and I cant stand Stitch I guess now I have two reasons not to see it.Never understood why they strap you in the seats and nothing happens?

You don't seem to like much of anything.. :D

UncleJeet

I wouldn't go so far as to call AE pointless. It's just that, by its nature, it isn't a repeat type ride.

In a typical dark ride, like Pirates, you get a slow and leisurely pace with a lot of scenery and information to absorb. Each time you ride, you can notice some little something that you didn't see before.

Since AE is so dependent on exactly timed effects and such long periods of darkness, along with scripted events that repeat the same way every time, the need to experience the ride over and over so that one can observe some new detail is minimalized.

The most interesting bits of AE for me have always been during the pre-show. I enjoy watching the nuances to SIR's performance. However, I do enjoy AE and will miss it - but rides do need to be updated from time to time, as sad as that is for those of us that love the old attractions.

I think that the Stitch conversion will either be really good, or really bad. Let's just hope lessons were learned from Imagination....

UncleJeet

dxwwf3

Originally posted by mr snrub
is there anywhere we can see/hear about phil hartmans performance as SIR?

I would give ANYTHING to hear or see this. I believe it was only there a month or two and I never got to see the "original" Alien Encounter. Any more info about this would be greatly apprecaited.

Merlin0402

I used to have an mp3 of Phil Hartman's performance, but I deleted it. It's really not that great. It's very lighthearted and really clashed with the rest of the show. Tim Curry is muuuuuuuch better!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Merlin0402
I used to have an mp3 of Phil Hartman's performance, but I deleted it. It's really not that great. It's very lighthearted and really clashed with the rest of the show. Tim Curry is muuuuuuuch better!

Oh man do you remember where you got that MP3 from? I'd love to hear it.

prberk

Well, for what it is worth, I agree with most everyone here, that Alien Encouter was most fun because it was different and actually had potential to frighten you. I love S.I.R.

I understand the obvious connection possibilities with Stitch, and I am not against updates in general. But it seems that there is no way to keep the modern, scary-ness of this attraction with Stitch there. It would be fun to think about it, and the storyline would be obvious (as stitch is always messing something up), but I just think that it will be too necessary to keep the attraction too kid-friendly if Stitch is brought in....

Sigh.

I like Alien Encounter. Keep it different... And stop putting characters everywhere. It trivializes what makes Walt Disney World itself great: a wonderful place to vacation (and maybe see your favorite characters, NOT be inundated and sickened by them before it is over).....

Too many characters is like too much sweetener... just like pure saccharine: it leaves a bad taste.

imagineer boy

You know, I was just reading the Alien Encounter/ Stitch updates, and I saw Steve note about the thought of it being a holiday attraction with Stitch in it like the Haunted Mansion Holiday. If it was just for the holidays, with a Christmas theme in it, and Stitch. It'd be great. But regular old alien encoutner would come back during the regular seasons. Maybe it is happening... there is some evidence: 1. closing in October, just about the same time the haunted Mansion closes for rehab to the holiday change. 2. AE does scare kids, but its still popular, they can't make an attraction like that go to waste. 3. Just imagine the possibilities of an AE holiday thing! Stitch could interupt the show and try to bring in the true meaning of christmas. That'd be a great idea. What do you guys think?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
You know, I was just reading the Alien Encounter/ Stitch updates, and I saw Steve note about the thought of it being a holiday attraction with Stitch in it like the Haunted Mansion Holiday. If it was just for the holidays, with a Christmas theme in it, and Stitch. It'd be great. But regular old alien encoutner would come back during the regular seasons. Maybe it is happening... there is some evidence: 1. closing in October, just about the same time the haunted Mansion closes for rehab to the holiday change. 2. AE does scare kids, but its still popular, they can't make an attraction like that go to waste. 3. Just imagine the possibilities of an AE holiday thing! Stitch could interupt the show and try to bring in the true meaning of christmas. That'd be a great idea. What do you guys think?

As unlikely as this probably is I would absolutely love it. It would make everybody happy. The AE fans would keep their attraction and the Stitch fans would get something special in Christmas. Oh well there's alot of wishful thinking going on here :)

Walter

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Oh well there's alot of wishful thinking going on here :)

Unfortunately, that's all that we have.

A Christmas AE would be great! CBJ is okay, but becomes great during Christmas! If they would do that, I would hope that it would be the same way.

dxwwf3

I absolutely love your new sig Walter.

Well the more I think about it the more and more I know the Christmas AE won't happen. I mean the main reason to put Stitch in is to sell more Direct to DVD movies and sell more merchandise. And if he only had an attraction only part of the year they wouldn't sell as much. That's what it all comes down to.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by meowthew
Glad to hear this news. I think Alien Encounter is the most pointless waste of time in the MK.

I would hardly call AE pointless ... perhaps you just didn't understand some of the dialog?

Clemster

The look on my mother and grand parent's face the first time they went on Alien Encounter and the restraints came down was absolutely priceless, they were all petrified!

It'll be a shame to see the attraction change, i'd like to be optimistic and think it will change for the better but unfortunately i'm not naive enough to hold such optimism with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom