Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Well, it already is humerouse.
For example:

"Oh, shut up scuffy, you're not burned you've just got a healthy glow"

"I've been siezed!" "Somthing you ate sir?" "Siezed with inspiration!"

"Its an alien!" "Its my mother-in-law!"

"Hello! Is everyone alright down there?" "No, we're screaming for the fun of it."

"Alien, don't eat me! Eat this one!"

"And, to those of you who didn't get eaten, got eating, and good day."

Not funny huh?

How could you leave out "My Mouth Was Open"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

General Grizz

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
It doesnt sound funny when YOU read it. But if you hear it at the attraction it's a lot better. I think the best two are S.I.R saying "Oh shut up scruffy your not burned you just have a health glow" and the part about the mother in law (Whats funny is that my g/fs mother really looks like that alien, I swear she has the wings too)

Heck, the whole concept of "X-S"..."If it can't be done with X-S"...why that's hilarious in itself!

Skippy and SIR represent Imagineering's renewal of original, classic, blending characters. I haven't seen such an originality out of Disney in years!

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
See there ya go. AE has something for EVERYBODY :lol:

LOL...Skippy is my reason to going there! My first trip to AE wasn't but a few years ago. But once I saw the warmth and comedy it had - not the terror, necessarily - I've been drawn back every visit, encouraging my family to visit the world of Chairman Clench, the X-S team, SIR, Skippy, and the mother-in-law. ;)

NemoRocks78

Seized
First of all,Stitch will most probably be in that tube in the main room. I see something else like another 'Experiment' in the first test tube. S.I.R. will probably leave,and one of the characters from where Stitch is from will take his place. The whole thing will probably be all Stitch. If they're taking 10 months then they are definitely re-doing the whole thing. I heard Stitch animatronics are already in development at Imagineering.

I still dont believe an October 15th closure.

Walter

This is a really stupid move on Disney's part. It's a popular show, and a real crowd pleaser. It also oozes with Disney quality and sense of mind. It's humorus, sensory, and fun. I usually don't think that Disney should do thrill rides, but I personally think that AE is one of, if not the, greatest shows Disney has ever done. MK is pretty much a children's park, and AE is a great place for teens and adults to escape.

Save X-S TECH!

meeko_33785

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Okaaay...would you rather the SIR be a standup comedian? ;)

If he was, AE would DEFINATLY be my least favorite attraction. Attractions with Stand-up commedians always tend to be my least favorites (Sounds Dangerous, Ellen's Energy Adventure, etc.)

Seriously, what I ment was that a lot of the "jokes" struck me as sadistic, cruel, gross, or just not funny. "It's my mother-in-law"? Come on Disney, you can do better than that! Tiki Room Under New Management is more cleaver than that.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by meeko_33785
"It's my mother-in-law"? Come on Disney, you can do better than that! Tiki Room Under New Management is more cleaver than that.

Ok I can sorta see why you wouldnt like Alien Encounter and I thought you had a couple of decent points but come on. You can not honestly compare AE's comedic value to TR: UNM's humor. The new Tiki Room isn't funny at all and it's not really supposed to be (Althought the single best part of the show is about 5 minutes after most people have left. This is when Iago says he feels tired and wants to go to the Hall of Presidents and take a nap. That is priceless.)

And I for one love dark humor and sorta dry humor so Alien Encounter is right up my alley there.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
First of all,Stitch will most probably be in that tube in the main room. I see something else like another 'Experiment' in the first test tube.

Maybe it will be his "cousin" Sparky, if you've seen the new Stitch movie, you know who Im talking about and, after all he's going to play a major part in the Lilo and Stitch TV Series (I still cant see those two being Bounty Hunters), maybe he'll be the second experiment.

meeko_33785

The new Tiki Room isn't funny at all and it's not really supposed to be.

OK, am I the only one that sees the humor in the Tiki Room? I think that just hearung stoic Zazu sing "Conga" is more hillarious than the entire AE and Sounds Dangerous combinded (IMO the worst attractions at WDW). Plus somehow you've got to love Iago. I don't know why but I find him humerous. It's not rolling in the aisles funny, but it's better than AE's rolling in the eyes hummor. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Well if I wasn't in college here in Tennessee I'd be down there on the 15th.

I am off that day and i am going to be outside with a little sign that says save alien and my skippy dallo and a pic of warwick davis and anthony daniels with skippy. they love skippy!!!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by xstechbabe
I am off that day and i am going to be outside with a little sign that says save alien and my skippy dallo and a pic of warwick davis and anthony daniels with skippy. they love skippy!!!

Well keep all of us not lucky enough to be there in your mind. Good Luck and enjoy that day. It should be special.

Lee

Adventurer
Ya know who needs to chime in on this?
Good ole Corrus.

Anyway, I noticed last week that some effects were not working in the main chamber at AE. I assumed that they were not going to fix it since the rehab was coming up. Nothing I have heard would contradict the October date, nor the final result.

We'll see.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by xstechbabe

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom