Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer boy
BOOOOOOOOOOO STITCH! YAY SKIPPY!!!!!!!

* puts hat over heart, then runs into the other room crying *

I know what you mean there. Disney sure knows how to make me hate Stitch.

And don't feel bad I'm a 19 year old male that usually never cries and I got a little teary eyed when I walked out of the chamber for the last time a couple of months ago.

Sherm00

they need to get rid of the harnesses and make the show humerous instead of scary. i am sooooooooo glad they are changeing it, but alas i don't think they are cdhangeing it enough.

J.E.Smith

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I've felt it.

Tiki Room.

JII.

World of Motion.

Food Rocks...

You know. . .when Disney gets you bonded to something, you just can't let go. It's like saying goodbye to Mickey Mouse when Dreamfinder left. That's EXACTLY what it is.

-_-...FOOD ROCKS!?!?! Didn't you mean Kitchen Kabaret? I never thought you'd have a bond to Food Rocks.

...God help Eisner if they ever close down CBJ. That would be totally unforgiveable...

...unless of course they let DiC release the Sonic SatAM DVD box set, then MAYBE I'd forgive them...a little.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Sherm00
make the show humerous instead of scary.

Well, it already is humerouse.
For example:

"Oh, shut up scuffy, you're not burned you've just got a healthy glow"

"I've been siezed!" "Somthing you ate sir?" "Siezed with inspiration!"

"Its an alien!" "Its my mother-in-law!"

"Hello! Is everyone alright down there?" "No, we're screaming for the fun of it."

"Alien, don't eat me! Eat this one!"

"And, to those of you who didn't get eaten, got eating, and good day."

Not funny huh?

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Sherm00
they need to get rid of the harnesses and make the show humerous instead of scary. i am sooooooooo glad they are changeing it, but alas i don't think they are cdhangeing it enough.

Well I think most of us on here think the attraction is extremely humerous and not really scary. Especially after the first time. The one liners are priceless.

And I honestly don't see why people dont like the harnesses. Could you imagine the show without the binural sound and the tounge effects?

But oh well I'm happy you're getting a new attraction.

J.E.Smith

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
NO CBJ CLOSING, PERIOD, JE!

I wasn't implying that it WOULD close...I know it won't because they can't put anything else there...I was just saying "What if?" it closed.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Thank God though that Food Rocks will be gone before the year is over. I never liked that attraction.

And I believe that Disney became unforgivable when they released the Country Bears Movie......Luckly they redeemed themselves to a certain plane of exsistence with Pirates and soon to be The Haunted Mansion (Which I must do my daily plugging for), is a very well done movie, all the elements from the attraction are in the movie, plus the corpses, when they come alive really look grusome. And this is one of Eddie Murphy's best movie in years. *End plugging*

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Well I think most of us on here think the attraction is extremely humerous and not really scary. Especially after the first time. The one liners are priceless.

And I honestly don't see why people dont like the harnesses. Could you imagine the show without the binural sound and the tounge effects?

But oh well I'm happy you're getting a new attraction.

Agreed! Character, humor, meaning wins it for me. I never go to AE to be thrilled - but it is technically a thriller...weird! :D

(Sorry, JE...I'm overprotective of my cousins.. :lookaroun :p )

MKCustodial

Can we start a poll to see who nails the number of complaints Guest Relations is gonna get on the attraction's first day? :lol:

Not to mention the MAJOR plot hole they're gonna create, like Rob mentioned sometime last year: "Mommy, how come Stitch was good and now he's bad again?"
If parents drag in screaming kids now, they'll be dragging screaming kids out whenever Disney's ready with this. :rolleyes:

About that Stitch picture, that's not a teleportation tube, that's the detention tube he licks in the beginning of the movie.

And finally, about the "it should be more humorous and less scary" comment, why should it change like that if that wasn't the attraction's purpose in the first place? AE was created as something different for MK, something that would appeal to other demographics without going the dumb way, i.e. cheap thrills and coasters (TT, anyone?).

Tornado

10 Month closure?

What the hell are they going to do to it in all that time?!?

This really sucks, means it won't even be open again by the time of my next trip, Easter '04.....:mad:

RogueHabit

1. Is this actually confirmed???

2. 10 months seems like an awefully long time for a rehab, even with this rumoured stitch overhaul.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Well, it already is humerouse.
For example:

"Oh, shut up scuffy, you're not burned you've just got a healthy glow"

"I've been siezed!" "Somthing you ate sir?" "Siezed with inspiration!"

"Its an alien!" "Its my mother-in-law!"

"Hello! Is everyone alright down there?" "No, we're screaming for the fun of it."

"Alien, don't eat me! Eat this one!"

"And, to those of you who didn't get eaten, got eating, and good day."

Not funny huh?

Uhhhhh.... Not really.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
It doesnt sound funny when YOU read it. But if you hear it at the attraction it's a lot better. I think the best two are S.I.R saying "Oh shut up scruffy your not burned you just have a health glow" and the part about the mother in law (Whats funny is that my g/fs mother really looks like that alien, I swear she has the wings too)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Can we start a poll to see who nails the number of complaints Guest Relations is gonna get on the attraction's first day? :lol:

Not to mention the MAJOR plot hole they're gonna create, like Rob mentioned sometime last year: "Mommy, how come Stitch was good and now he's bad again?"
If parents drag in screaming kids now, they'll be dragging screaming kids out whenever Disney's ready with this. :rolleyes:

About that Stitch picture, that's not a teleportation tube, that's the detention tube he licks in the beginning of the movie.

And finally, about the "it should be more humorous and less scary" comment, why should it change like that if that wasn't the attraction's purpose in the first place? AE was created as something different for MK, something that would appeal to other demographics without going the dumb way, i.e. cheap thrills and coasters (TT, anyone?).

Wow. That's all I can say about this post.

I'd say they will be lined up out of City Hall for complaints (no joke).

Yes if by some chance they dont turn this into the ultimate kiddie show (like I still think they'll do) and they still have some scary parts holy crap just think of all the crying kids. And I thought Snow White's Scary Adventures scared some kids :lookaroun

Amen on that last paragraph. That's why it sucks so bad to see it go. IT IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Sure I love Disney and "the Disney way (cute cuddley characters)" as much as anybody but we all need a change of pace.

IMO this is one of the best posts I've read on this board. Great job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom