Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Oh, and do you like my sig, dxwwf3? :D

You know it my man!!!! I honestly don't think Disney knows what kind of following this attraction has. I mean A.E. isnt even one of Grizz's favorite attractions and he still wants it to stay. At least somebody realizes that alot of people like it and (THE KEY) it's not past its prime. Sure if the attraction was 20 or 30 years old then I could let it go easier (But I would still hate it). My gosh it's only been there for 7 or 8 years. And it's popular to boot :lol:

meeko_33785

This is great news to me. I really think this will be a good change. Can't get any worse. Sorry, just don't like AE. I think adding a little more light-heartedness will be a good thing for this attraction. it was far too dark and really left me cold. We all knew this would happen though. It wasn't hard to figure it out. I kind of figured that when they started playing "Burnin' Love" when you were exiting the ride that a Stich rehab wasn't too far away. That and the actor who played Charman Clench (don't remember his name) got into legal problems. Can you say "It's Captain EO all over again"?

General Grizz

Originally posted by wdwfan65
Never liked Alien encounter and I cant stand Stitch I guess now I have two reasons not to see it.Never understood why they strap you in the seats and nothing happens?

It's for stupid guests who think running out into pitch black darkness would be fun...

And for a unique audio system!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Very well put dxwwf3(About the fright ordeal). I'll say this though, maybe they'll be able to figure out to put a bit of "fright" in there at the same time.

It's nearly impossible to have Stitch around and him not get into an trouble, they'll have to do something to keep his, as Lilo calls it, his "Badness Level" up.

Also, you'll see it in the newspapers, acutally nation-wide, and I do believe I speak for many of you AE fans out there when I say, you can change S.I.R into a intergalatic officer, that's fine (On like one or two levels). But mark my words, if I see him, and I don't hear Tim Curry's voice, so help me, and a lot of others....we'll so get the back for that.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by wdwfan65
Never liked Alien encounter and I cant stand Stitch I guess now I have two reasons not to see it.Never understood why they strap you in the seats and nothing happens?

Binural Sound. It's the only way you can do binural sound without using headphones. Most people don't even realize this. They think they "strap you in" just to keep scared kids from getting out :hammer:

General Grizz

Originally posted by meeko_33785
This is great news to me. I really think this will be a good change. Can't get any worse. Sorry, just don't like AE. I think adding a little more light-heartedness will be a good thing for this attraction. it was far too dark and really left me cold. We all knew this would happen though. It wasn't hard to figure it out. I kind of figured that when they started playing "Burnin' Love" when you were exiting the ride that a Stich rehab wasn't too far away. That and the actor who played Charman Clench (don't remember his name) got into legal problems. Can you say "It's Captain EO all over again"?

UGHEAUGH!

I hate their gift shop, by the way! Why do they play IRRELEVENT MUSIC and sell "WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH DISNEY" T-Shirts!?

Can you say...UNIVERSAL??

Degrations, degrations, degrations! Disney is digging its own grave.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
But mark my words, if I see him, and I don't hear Tim Curry's voice, so help me, and a lot of others....we'll so get the back for that.

Just the thought of stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach (I'm not kidding). I don't even know if I can go back in there anymore. Stuff like seeing a police cap on S.I.R. is just sickening. This might be the only Disney attraction I skip on purpose. It'll be better for other guests too. I would've booed the show the whole time :lol:

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Just the thought of stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach (I'm not kidding). I don't even know if I can go back in there anymore. Stuff like seeing a police cap on S.I.R. is just sickening. This might be the only Disney attraction I skip on purpose. It'll be better for other guests too. I would've booed the show the whole time :lol:

I've felt it.

Tiki Room.

JII.

World of Motion.

Food Rocks...

You know. . .when Disney gets you bonded to something, you just can't let go. It's like saying goodbye to Mickey Mouse when Dreamfinder left. That's EXACTLY what it is.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I say we make a deal.

October 15th is the final closing right? Well, here's what we outta do. We should talk to some of the managers and see what we could do about getting like a final showing just for us AE fans Im not talking about these "Oh yeah, AE, great ride" Im talkin about these "if you get rid of AE, you'll get rid of me, AE 4 life" Hardcore people who know every single line of dialoug.

I know some of you would agree, though it wouldn't get cleared. But heck, if all else fails, let's meet up at the gates and go as one giant Farewell group! AE 4 life!

By the way, if Skippy is gonna be gone, we really need to step up our "Save Skippy" campaign and save the little furball before its too late!

General Grizz

I'm OK so long as Skippy and SIR's personalities do not change. Yes. I am upset. But it's not like CoP or CBJ leaving. At least the "jist" is there without modern intrusion (i.e. Tiki) ... but it's still sad!

HOWEVER...it makes me so depressed that they're changing it this way...it's such a common trend now...and Disney is becoming predictable for the worst.

(Shouldn't it be the other way around??)

PhotoDave219

Well... if somehow they pull it off good, it could be cool. Its either going to be a hit or fail nmiserably - there will be no middle ground on this. I still think that this is a half baked idea from a junior executive who's just trying to score points.

Yes, Disney gets a lot of complaints, but what the F happens when they create an attarction that looks family friendly, kid friendly and all cute and cuddly and then turns around and scares the bloody hell out of people? Thats gonna make things worse.

CrackerJack

That's a real disappointment :brick:

I always thought that AE was one of the best Disney attractions. The whole idea is great -- let the people's minds take them on a journey rather than just showing them a scripted set of events. Letting go of reality and just letting the experience flow over you -- can't beat it. It's kind of like the movie "The Ring" -- the movie is exceptionally scary without showing graphic scenes. Your mind takes you further than just a mere movie can ...

The good news is, we will be at the MK in 24 days. I'll have to make my final AE experince a great one !!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
I say we make a deal.

October 15th is the final closing right? Well, here's what we outta do. We should talk to some of the managers and see what we could do about getting like a final showing just for us AE fans Im not talking about these "Oh yeah, AE, great ride" Im talkin about these "if you get rid of AE, you'll get rid of me, AE 4 life" Hardcore people who know every single line of dialoug.

I know some of you would agree, though it wouldn't get cleared. But heck, if all else fails, let's meet up at the gates and go as one giant Farewell group! AE 4 life!

By the way, if Skippy is gonna be gone, we really need to step up our "Save Skippy" campaign and save the little furball before its too late!

Well if I wasn't in college here in Tennessee I'd be down there on the 15th. And yes I know every line of dialogue :lol: I'm sure some of the CM's at AE would remember me. I saw the show over 20 times on my last trip in July and I had some great conversations with alot of them (Guess what? They hate the change just as much as we do). Man it would be great to be there the last day and see all the fans. Man the line will be huge if enough people know about it. A day of nothing but A.E. would be wonderful but oh well I can't miss school :rolleyes:

And I'm sure Skippy is going to be gone too. Disney is just as heartless as S.I.R. (Ouch that one hurt :lol: )

dxwwf3

Originally posted by CrackerJack
That's a real disappointment :brick:

I always thought that AE was one of the best Disney attractions. The whole idea is great -- let the people's minds take them on a journey rather than just showing them a scripted set of events. Letting go of reality and just letting the experience flow over you -- can't beat it. It's kind of like the movie "The Ring" -- the movie is exceptionally scary without showing graphic scenes. Your mind takes you further than just a mere movie can ...

The good news is, we will be at the MK in 24 days. I'll have to make my final AE experince a great one !!

Man what great points. You're so lucky you'll be down there soon. :D

J.E.Smith

Dang...

You know, I never did get to ride AE...-_-

What do you wanna bet the fear factor gets dramatically reduced when they stick Stitch in there?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by dxwwf3
Disney is just as heartless as S.I.R.

BRAVO! BRAVO! LMAOROTF! Very well said.

If anything else, they should have a memorial to AE (they should, they have the icon of Horizons at MS on the regs...why not here!)

I'll personally make a "In memory of" statue of S.I.R and Skippy next to each other and have in finalized (Even if I have to kill people to do it) and have it placed in the gift shop or at the front of the new attraction!

mikesenger

someone mentioned the "fear factor" of AE. Didn't it used to be a lot scarier. the first time i ever rode it (94?) i thought it was better than it is now.

imagineer boy

Oh, no! NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fork: This has to be the worst thing I've ever seen Disney do in years. I know exactly how you feel dxwwf3.:cry: Alien Encounter was my most favorite ride, and they take it away just like that. I'm really going to miss AE. I hope some otehr group of people find out about this and do a protest. Oh, man. I will not see my favorite ride go to crap! I just can't! BOOOOOOOOOOO STITCH! YAY SKIPPY!!!!!!!

* puts hat over heart, then runs into the other room crying *

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I've felt it.

Tiki Room.

JII.

World of Motion.

Food Rocks...

You know. . .when Disney gets you bonded to something, you just can't let go. It's like saying goodbye to Mickey Mouse when Dreamfinder left. That's EXACTLY what it is.

Yes it is. It's very tough. I'm usually understanding of change especially when an attraction is past it's prime. So this is another reason why I'm taking the AE changeover so bad, AE is nowhere near being past its prime. But I guess it's too late now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom