Alfredo's restaurant in Epcot is closing

gigu69

Original Poster
Hi everybody,
I'm new in this forum and I'm here just for let you know that the restaurant Alfredo's located in the Italian pavillion in Epcot will close Agoust 31th.In 2 weeks the new restaurant will be open.bye

New2WDW

Hi everybody,
I'm new in this forum and I'm here just for let you know that the restaurant Alfredo's located in the Italian pavillion in Epcot will close Agoust 31th.In 2 weeks the new restaurant will be open.bye

Yes this was mentioned a while back and it is a shame because I never got to try it....:cry: Well, anyway, thanks for the info and welcome to the boards!:wave:

Do you have any info on what the new restaurant will be?

gigu69

Original Poster
of course i have...
Will be a restaurant part of the patina group.
The group looks amazing it has more than 50 restaurats in US..I think will be great!
Ah,I forgot...if u've never ate in alfredo u didn't loose a lot!!!!!I m italian belive me!!!

psifreek27

Yes this was mentioned a while back and it is a shame because I never got to try it....:cry: Well, anyway, thanks for the info and welcome to the boards!:wave:

Do you have any info on what the new restaurant will be?

Trust me, you are not missing out...I expected it to be excellent especially since most Epcot TS are awesome...WOW lets just say that olive garden/macaroni grill and every other americanized italian fast food franchise blows this place outta the water.

The meal portions were tiny, the price was high for almost all pasta dishes, the bread was hard, all in all not worth it at all...Hopefully the next restaurant is better... Tony's in MK was better than this place.

Good riddance!

sbkline

Hi everybody,

Two weeks from now, the new one will be open, or two weeks from August 31?

psifreek27

Well i do not know how much truth there is in the Patina Group running the new italy restaurant, but looking at their site they have history with Disney as they currently supply 3 restaurants in the California Downtown Disney District. One is Italian and called Naples...from the pictures it's very nice, although i doubt Disney will do much inside of the the current location.

Let's hope this rumor is true , that naples restaurant looks YUMMM!! and just in time for Dining Plan!:slurp:

OLDDISNEYLOVER

I Have Eaten At Alfredo's First Time About 10 Years Ago Was Pretty Good But I Think They Have Gone Downhill Last Time There 6 Years Ago.. Yeah The New Place Will Be Open When I Go In November Can't Wait

westie

Never was big on gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce. Looking forward to something different on the next outting.

gigu69

Original Poster
Hi guys...I'm back for something more...
First:the rumor actually is not a rumor because I did the selections for the new restaurant so I'm sure that from the 15th September a new reataurant will be open;that's why Disney thinks Alfredo's doesn't rappresent anymore the Disney stiyle...and this is true.
Second thing I'm sure the restaurant will be part of the PATINA GROUP (patinagroup.com)but the name won't be as one that already existe.
Third I'm sorry for my english but I'm italian..I mean...a real italian from italy and I worked last year in Alfredo that's why I know everything about it!!!
ciao

gigu69

Original Poster
I forgot..
someone said that the bred was hard...ok I m the first saying the food in Alfredo was not the best italian food, but please...at least the bred...fresh made everymorning....the only thing that remembers me Italy when I was there!!!ciao

Pooh88

We ate there 15 years ago and liked it but ate there last year and didn't like it at all. We love Italian food and are looking forward to a change..Glad for the info. May have to try the new place in October.

DizFanatic

Not to pick on anyone, but real Italian bread is hard. At least the crust, anyway.
Thank you! This is a guy who knows real Italian bread. I grew up in Bensonhurst Brooklyn, a 90% Italian neighborhood with a bakery on almost every block. Yes! ir should be crusty with a hearty dense inside, almost chewy. (mmmm, i'm getting hungry) Not that whimpy, airy bread with a flaky crust. Thanks dude!

Tim G

Thank you! This is a guy who knows real Italian bread. I grew up in Bensonhurst Brooklyn, a 90% Italian neighborhood with a bakery on almost every block. Yes! ir should be crusty with a hearty dense inside, almost chewy. (mmmm, i'm getting hungry) Not that whimpy, airy bread with a flaky crust. Thanks dude!

Please keep it friendly... and please without words like "dude"...

Thanks! :D

miles1

I could put on 10 pounds driving down the street there.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom