Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing?

jcc0621

Original Poster
:mad: February 26, 2007
line.gif

[FONT=Georgia, Trebuchet MS, Arial]Alfredo di Roma Ristorante Closing![/FONT]
italy_alfredos.jpg
Walt Disney World has announced that Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, a fixture at the Italy Pavilion in Epcot for over 20 years, is closing permanently at the end of July, 2007. There will be a replacement Italian restaurant opening in the same location, but at this time Disney has not released any further details. Guests who have advanced dining reservations beyond the closing date will be contacted by Disney in order to make alternate arrangements.

The above was posted on Intercot.com

I am really upset, we really like this restaurant. We always try to 2 a couple of "fine dining" restaurants and we would go here all the time.

Figment82

I read this on another board and could not believe it. What would cause the closure? I always thought it was great that there were 3 locations of this particular restaurant, and Epcot had the high honor of being one of them. I have fond memories of eating there when I was very young.

Hopefully I'll be able to go back before the summer. Such a shame...

gatordoc

Well, not much of a loss if true - mediocre food and poor service. Disney's never really had any good Italian food in the parks, so any replacement probably won't be better, though. I'm just hoping Il Mulino turns out to even approach the excellence of the original in New York (which may be the best restaurant in the world). We'll see - going to check it out next week...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Best. Lasagnette. Ever!

I thought the food and service were excellent two weeks ago. Pity if it's true.

tecowdw

Well, not much of a loss if true - mediocre food and poor service. Disney's never really had any good Italian food in the parks, so any replacement probably won't be better, though. I'm just hoping Il Mulino turns out to even approach the excellence of the original in New York (which may be the best restaurant in the world). We'll see - going to check it out next week...

I second that! I had crappy service and mediocre food the last two times I'd been there too.
Heck, I'd rather see it outsourced to Darden Restaurants as an Olive Garden!
:lookaroun
And I'm not a fan of the outsourcing concept at Disney World.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Alredo's is only marginally better than the Olive Garden, and it costs about twice as much to eat there.

This is no huge loss.

(For the record, I also dislike the Olive Garden).

jedimaster1227

My first two times were great and last time was just alright. I will miss it, but I am hoping that the new restaurant becomes more popular than Le Cellier so that I can get my Cheddar Cheese Soup more often... :D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Alredo's is only marginally better than the Olive Garden, and it costs about twice as much to eat there.

This is no huge loss.

Agreed. The couple of times I have eatin there... it was no better than an Olive Garden. If I want Olive Garden while at WDW... I will just go over to the one at Crossroads... MUCH better service and save a ton of money. :shrug:

tn1999

I agree with the negatives of alfredos. its not that good at all. if u think its good, u need to get out more! i ate at the alfredos in rome, but when i asked if they were associated with the one in epcot, they gave me a round-the-back answer which was kind of like a yes and no. to me, there is no prestige associated with having the alfredos in epcot. perhaps disney is looking to open a restaurant in which they own and operate. i like disney restaurants. if they get a good exec. chef, they are in business.

HinunterZuNich

Service was not too impressive for my family and the food wasn't much better :( Hopefully Disney creates or brings in another eatery that improves on Alfredo's!

fizzle75

This is no huge loss.

Agreed. The couple of times I have eatin there... it was no better than an Olive Garden. If I want Olive Garden while at WDW... I will just go over to the one at Crossroads... MUCH better service and save a ton of money. :shrug:

Nooooooooooo!!!!! I loooove Alfredo's!!! My wife and I both love Olive Garden,it is one of our favorite resaurants but when it comes to Alfredo's we are totally divided. I love the place much more than Olive Garden and I especially love the atmosphere but my wife hates it and would much rather eat at Le Chefs De France(which I love as well). I really hate to see it go and will miss it greatly. We have already booked all of our ADRs for April and Alfredo's isn't one of them but now that I know it is closing we will have to cancel Le Cellier or Biergarten and go to it one last time before it is gone.
Any word on why it is closing and what will be taking it's place?

I WILL MISS YOU ALFREDO'S,YOU WILL LIVE IN MY HEART ALWAYS!:(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I agree with the negatives of alfredos. its not that good at all. if u think its good, u need to get out more! i ate at the alfredos in rome, but when i asked if they were associated with the one in epcot, they gave me a round-the-back answer which was kind of like a yes and no. to me, there is no prestige associated with having the alfredos in epcot. perhaps disney is looking to open a restaurant in which they own and operate. i like disney restaurants. if they get a good exec. chef, they are in business.
I've only eaten there once and DS and I really enjoyed it! And trust me, I "get out" plenty! :lol:

Perhaps we caught a good server and the cooks on a good day, but every morsel of Calamari, every bite of our entrees and both desserts we had were excellent and our server's only possible failing was he didn't really "sing along" during the performances. I would suggest I might have been distracted by the stunningly beautiful Maitress D', thereby skewing my appreciation of the food toward the positive, had it not been for DS also raving about his meal. 'Le Belle Donne' don't distract him the way they do his old man [yet, anyway]! :ROFLOL:

lpet11984

Although the food was just OK, my biggest complaint was the service- our waiter was very standoff-ish on our first (and only) visit...was not a stellar experience by any means.

AdLibSean

WOW! I'm shocked and EXTREMELY disappointed!!!! Alfredos is always a staple of our Epcot visits. We've ALWAYS gotten great service and the food is always excellent. THIS IS AWFUL!

And I dunno why most of these posts have been in favor of this. The cuisine is FAR above Olive Garden. And the service has ALWAYS been spot on. Whatever.

Very sad.

Computer Magic

I have mixed emotions on this one. We ate there on our Honeymoon in 95 and loved it. It was our first trip to WDW as a couple

In Dec 05 we went there after Candlelight Procession. We checked in a waited to get seated. We waited a very long time. When we approached them, they misplaced our card. The sad part is they said we must not have heard our name called. Well not true since we were sitting in the main lobby watching them call everyone's name but ours. They were so rude.

It looks like only the name is changing so the look of the place probably won't change. Hopefully just better service. If they make changes to the place then I will be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom