Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Tony the Tigger

Actually wouldn't it be amazing if they just created a restaurant that had all the style and effects of Trader Sam's... then the Adults Only Trader Sams would not be an issue... there would be a wonderfully themed all ages eatery nearby...

I still haven't been yet - guess we'll have to make a point of it.

21stamps

I think you read the handbook already :) You seem to be doing a great job.
Thanks, we all do what we think is best. One thing I've learned- parenting is a lesson in juggling..We strive to master it but drop a lot of balls on the way. I tend to drop a lot of them... There's plenty of "mom fails" on my resume.lol
Actually wouldn't it be amazing if they just created a restaurant that had all the style and effects of Trader Sam's... then the Adults Only Trader Sams would not be an issue... there would be a wonderfully themed all ages eatery nearby...
That would be awesome! Relocate Captain Cook's, expand Trader Sam's, add to the menu and have one area be adults only and the other families. Perfection. I am ok with how it is now..even though I'm jealous of the people inside.;) I will be one of those people sometime on my adult only trip next year though!!!
Kids DO enjoy playing grown up and opportunities like you describe are ideal venues for doing so. I'm glad your kids have the opportunity to do so.
This could be the first time in my online history that we agree on a topic. :) Not to sound too cliche, but at the end of the day we have one life, and we have no idea how long that life will be. I think we should experience as much as we can. If only the pesky little thing called a job didn't get in the way, right...

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's Disney, it's full of kids, everywhere you look, what did you expect? I do enjoy going to WDW, but there is no way I would go on a DCL, too many kids.

Besides seeing them at dinner... no reason to believe that if you want to avoid kid overload on DCL

Tony the Tigger

You can keep being mediocre and complacent if you want... but the disruptors and innovators will not. No one ever said you have to be one of the good ones...

You can keep being naïve, but the business is businessing businessly. That's what businesses do. They don't get magic dollar bonus points for choosing to make certain people happy.

It's a mathematical formula. They will gain a certain number of people by doing this, and they will lose a presumably smaller number of people by doing this.

They have no doubt calculated they can afford to lose those people who would be lost. That calculation may or may not prove correct. IMO, it will.

And since adults drinking wine or beer with dinner is not in any way a legal or moral question, there is no big overriding principle being breached.

Reality.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You can keep being naïve, but the business is businessing businessly. That's what businesses do. They don't get magic dollar bonus points for choosing to make certain people happy.

It's a mathematical formula. They will gain a certain number of people by doing this, and they will lose a presumably smaller number of people by doing this.

Pretty much the thinking that justifies horrible actions by businesses left and right. Like... if we cut benefits sure we'll lose some employees, but people need work! More than enough will be happy to replace those that leave..

Great companies are not made great by the best fiscal trade-offs when deciding which part of their vision, character, and brand are no longer relevant because they can boost revenues by doing so.

The difference between great companies and companies that just function to produce their next 10-Q

Tony the Tigger

Pretty much the thinking that justifies horrible actions by businesses left and right. Like... if we cut benefits sure we'll lose some employees, but people need work! More than enough will be happy to replace those that leave..

Great companies are not made great by the best fiscal trade-offs when deciding which part of their vision, character, and brand are no longer relevant because they can boost revenues by doing so.

The difference between great companies and companies that just function to produce their next 10-Q

Except nothing is being cut, something is being added, and only a few people will overreact to that.

MrHappy

I was going to have a drink this Christmas, but reading some of these posts...maybe I shouldn't:
1) the drink will be in the presence of children
2) the day and environment are for families, mainly children
3) I might fall into the tree
Hmmm. My life is at a crossroads. Thanks to those who have enlightened me.:rolleyes:
(thank you to WDWMagic for the sarcastic emoji)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except nothing is being cut, something is being added, and only a few people will overreact to that.

Do you need help defining 'analogy'? The concept being discussed was discounting a percieved negative action because fiscally it will payoff.... not bound by the specific type a action.

</moves goalposts back to where they were>

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Do you need help defining 'analogy'? The concept being discussed was discounting a percieved negative action because fiscally it will payoff.... not bound by the specific type a action.

</moves goalposts back to where they were>
I agree with you that discounting a percieved negative action because fiscally it will payoff is generally a bad idea.

Where we disagree is that this is a negative action. I look at it more like adding an enhancement for many guests and it's profitable for the company too. Isn't that the best of both worlds?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom