Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So the OP says RESTAURANT cast members are getting alcohol training and suddenly everyone assumes the park will be full of booze? Does everyone on this forum just jump to conclusions?

I don't think you will get open alcohol sales in the MK like you do in AK for a few years. Currently I expect beer and wine at Tony's, Plaza and Liberty Tree (similar to BOG) and maybe a cocktail at Skippers as it fits the theme. But I don't see rum in dole whips or any other alcohol that can be drunk outside of a waited service establishment at this time.

I gotta get my excercise somehow . ;)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So the OP says RESTAURANT cast members are getting alcohol training and suddenly everyone assumes the park will be full of booze? Does everyone on this forum just jump to conclusions?

Well, because recent history shows Disney attempting to wring every last dollar out of guests. Also, every last dollar, out of every last hour of the day, and every square foot of park space. So, if they are taking the plunge, and bringing booze to every land, why not maximize revenue and put beer in carts?

Tony the Tigger

Well, because recent history shows Disney attempting to wring every last dollar out of guests. Also, every last dollar, out of every last hour of the day, and every square foot of park space. So, if they are taking the plunge, and bringing booze to every land, why not maximize revenue and put beer in carts?

And put the carts inside the empty cabanas. With a bouncer at the entrance. ;)

Jon81uk

But other than speciality beer at Epcot, do any of the other parks sell beer at a snack cart? I've never noticed it anyway. Some of the kiosks have it and there are several bars (most notably Dawa and Thirsty River at AK). But I've not seen "beer carts" as a noticeable thing.

Jon81uk

On a similar thought though, we didn't really like the look of Thirsty River bar at AK, the fact you could clearly see the bottles of liquor when walking towards the Everest entrance didn't quite fit for me. But on the other hand I think Dawa bar looks perfect and seamlessly blends into Harambe village. Maybe they could have just kept the bottles more out of sight, or made the bar the back kiosk and the snacks closer to the footpath. Either way it just didn't quite feel right in an Asian themed area.

jakeman

But other than speciality beer at Epcot, do any of the other parks sell beer at a snack cart? I've never noticed it anyway. Some of the kiosks have it and there are several bars (most notably Dawa and Thirsty River at AK). But I've not seen "beer carts" as a noticeable thing.
I noticed them in several places around DHS on my trip in November. Of course, they could be seen as therapy there for the state of that park...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They are def around. I know there is one by the Triceratops Dumbo in Animal Kingdom for example. I know, because I drank there.

Bandini

Given Disney's propensity for high-priced alcohol, I don't think there will be a general upsurge in drunken loutishness in the MK. In fact I daresay it might mellow out some of the more uptight guests to be able to anesthetize themselves as they enjoy their meals.

Anyway, even today, there's nothing stopping anyone from monorailing over to the CR or GF and slamming down a couple of shots before heading back to the MK for their 7DMT FP+.
Viewed from this perspective, I guess it's not such a bad thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom