Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Luxe

I've never taken pictures of the goings on at EPCOT because I think about what happens if their boss/family sees that picture, Yes they were STUPID and the alcohol amplified the effect.

But a LOT of employers would use those photos as grounds for termination like that poor woman in Texas who in a bible-thumping school district she wore a bikini on vacation in the carribean and posted photos on facebook and they canned her for 'immodest dress'

Or THIS poor woman who was sacked in Texas for the crime of holding a glass of wine and a mug of beer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ure-holding-glass-wine-mug-beer-Facebook.html

So no I don't document bad behavior because there are real world consequences in many cases.
Yes because obviously I'm going to make sure they are clearly identifiable while they puke in the bushes... also I would never take a picture of a random person throwing up just to prove something to someone on an internet board.

Kman101

I laugh at the tour groups. They can be a nuisance at times I guess but if they aren't hurting anyone ...

Maybe I was just one lucky guy. I agree that because I saw it a couple of times doesn't make it common place but it does happen from time to time.

Too many people have seen it for it not to be true, lol, I'm just blessed I haven't had to witness such a display.

And no, don't take a picture, LOL.

Otterhead

I laugh at the tour groups.
The weirdest tour group thing I ever saw was when a huge group of cheerleaders from Argentina came to Typhoon Lagoon at the same time as me. I was in the wave pool and watched them line up, hand-in-hand, in a line stretching across the entire beach, facing the wave pool, and they just stood there for a good 15 minutes, chanting some kind of cheer, holding hands, staring at the people in the waves. Everyone in the wave pool was watching and laughing, saying "what the hell?" It was super weird.

LongLiveTheKing

All we need now is confirmation that the alcohol is only served in the private cabanas. Then we have a castle park that sells booze in a private club and so Walt would turn in his grave and...wait....
Club 33 is way more rare to be in than the cabanas. It's a $40k buy in and $10k annual fee and it has a waitlist. Although, tbh, since DTD and DCA in DLR is right next to DL, people with alcohol in their system are in DL all the time, although it is a bit more of a walk to be in there so it's not as concentrated

However, if
I shutter at the thought of individuals with beers in hand standing in front of it's a small world :(

It truly will be a world of tears.
Becomes a thing, I will also be very sad.

csmat99

Speaking of beer I am always reminded of this classic exchange I overheard during Drunkytown like 3 or 4 years ago, when I was in line at the craft beer booth:

Dad: Don't tell mom this is your third beer today.

Kid: No, I won't.

I look behind me and the kid looks like 12 or so.
And if that was in europe the kid would be like any other. And somehow Europe isn't a bunch of drunks. Like anything in life if you teach your kids early and not make everything taboo they will grow up to be mature adults.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Where do you get those? The Dark & Stormy is ubiquitous here in the Boston area, and it's just Gosling's dark rum and ginger beer.

Different recipe in Silicon Valley

1 Jigger - Cap'n Morgan Dark Rum
1 Jigger- Goslings Dark Rum
1/2 Jigger Absinthe
Cola to fill 12 Oz glass

Drink very carefully as the instructions for the PanGalactic Garglebuster notes...

• Take the juice from one bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit.
  • Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V — Oh, that Santraginean seawater! Oh, those Santraginean fish!
  • Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
  • Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
  • Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.
  • Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
  • Sprinkle Zamphuor.
  • Add an olive.
  • Drink... but... very carefully..

csmat99

Look in any UK town on a weekend. I beg to differ ;)
Depends if a football or Rugby game going on. :hilarious:
But you are right people in UK are little nuts but who can blame them? SantaCon there is insane.

3B3EE54900000578-4020072-image-a-51_1481393588500.jpg

3B3FBAFE00000578-4020072-image-a-46_1481397232700.jpg

3B40A3F300000578-4020072-image-a-52_1481409480744.jpg

Looks like this guy just heard about the latest upcharge event at WDW. :bored:

NearTheEars

You can choose to pretend it didn't happen but I did see it with my own eyes. I see it happen at least twice a trip. Next time I'll take a picture just for you, would that help you believe?

I've seen my fair share of inebriated folks at EPCOT (and even some that appeared to just be pretending in an effort to seem cool) but I doubt people puking in the bushes enough for you to notice twice each trip like clockwork is the norm.

Edit: That was from several pages ago, sorry to bring it up again.

Last edited:

NearTheEars

Is it toning back the booze? Or turning up the profit. The cups have gotten smaller, but pretty sure the prices have stayed the same or gone up. Cocktails take time, someone needs to measure, even if it just means turning the bottle over and letting the auto-flow tip (or whatever they are called) do their magic. Faster services means more drinks sold per hour when busy, means more profit.

I believe there used to be a large and small size. Now it's just the small.

BuddyThomas

You can choose to pretend it didn't happen but I did see it with my own eyes. I see it happen at least twice a trip. Next time I'll take a picture just for you, would that help you believe?
Twice a trip, huh? And still you keep returning to Puke Gardens USA? Yeah that sounds totally realistic.

And yes, thank you so much for your offer to take a picture. I've been asking people on here for photographic evidence of these absurd claims for years now. I very much look forward to your upcoming photo essay of bush vomit. Perhaps we can sell it to a magazine and make you a lot of money. Happy holidays!
;)

Otterhead

Different recipe in Silicon Valley
I'll have to try it sometime, but absinthe + cola isn't usually my idea of a good time!

Funny sidenote: Goslings has recently copyrighted "Dark & Stormy", so if a bar uses that name, they're supposed to ONLY use Gosling's Dark Rum and Gosling's Ginger Beer to make it. That's why most places now call them "Our Dark & Stormy" or "Midnight and Rainy" or some variation.

Bandini

I've seen plenty of people being loud at F&W, but I think I've seen far more loud & obnoxious people at Magic Kingdom, just screaming at their kids or yelling at someone in their way. I've never seen a belligerent drunk or the stereotypical bush-puker. And while the tour groups can be annoying (and kind of creepy), the only time I've gone to CMs to complain about an obnoxious group was a large crew of people on my recent trip wearing matching Where's Waldo outfits with "WE'RE GETTING F**D UP AT EPCOT!" written across the backs. There's being loud, and then there's being obscene, and that's where I draw the line.
If those shirts sad what I think they said, why was this group allowed to enter the park? I thought there was a dress code and profanity was not allowed.

Otterhead

If those shirts sad what I think they said, why was this group allowed to enter the park? I thought there was a dress code and profanity was not allowed.
They had written it on the backs of their shirts in Sharpie, likely after going inside.

I saw plenty of other really distasteful shirts during F&W -- things like Dory swimming in a mug of beer with "Just keep drinking.. just keep drinking" or one with Mickey holding a mug of beer and his eyes going different directions with "Wasted at WDW" underneath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom