Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Goofyernmost

Is it toning back the booze? Or turning up the profit. The cups have gotten smaller, but pretty sure the prices have stayed the same or gone up. Cocktails take time, someone needs to measure, even if it just means turning the bottle over and letting the auto-flow tip (or whatever they are called) do their magic. Faster services means more drinks sold per hour when busy, means more profit.
Either way, it's an win, win. Smaller cups, less alcohol, high cost, equals fewer drunks. Nobody loses other then the few that are foolish (or rich) enough to get drunk at those prices. So, I don't care. I'm not there enough to have it be a problem for me. I do not like expanding the possibilities in MK. I think some things should remain always family friendly. MK would be one of those places. I know that Walt had his private "club" in MK in Disneyland but, that had selected and monitored guests and behavior. Today's mix of children and classless rednecks that can't take a breath without a beer chaser, well that I can do without, puking drunk or not.

njDizFan

I know it's easy to say you can deny service to someone who is drunk but that is easier said then done. Training or not, if you are a 20 something CM and a more than slightly intoxicated person requests another beverage, you can do the hard thing and tell them no. Which is bound to create a scene and a severe verbal drunken tirade. Or you can take the easy route and serve the guest and leave them for the next server to deny them. I don't think serving intoxicated people is a money grab just a easy way out for an already stressed out CM.

But I am in favor a TS restaurants in the MK serving. The Skipper Canteen is a no brainer.

Tony the Tigger

One more drunkenness story: on another trip to F&W, we went with a friend who was generally a teetotaler, prone to motion sickness. But he had a few glasses of wine and decided it'd be a great idea to go on Mission Space.

No, he didn't puke on Mission Space. He saved it for the next ride: Energy, where he vomited next to the vehicles and collapsed. The CMs were so excited to dust off their safety manual (literally: it had the old Energy logo on it and looked 30 years old). They said this was the first guest incident they'd had in years on that ride.

And some posters here would only know the vomit part of the story, and condemn your friend as a degenerate and Disney along with him.

This is why my message is just coexist.

Tony the Tigger

We have morphed into a raging judgemental society who can't accept anything that doesn't fit their own personal preferences.

Winner!

The biggest problem I ever had was a time when My father, brother, and I got so hammered once that we walked all the way to the bus top to return to our resort, only to realize that we were staying at Yacht and Beach Club....so we turned around and walked back thru the park to get home. Oh the horror!

I do that sober lol.

Before driving up to WDW this past Monday, I had to stop at my store for a few things. I drove DH's car to gas up for the trip at the same time. Upon arriving at my store I realized I had his keys which would not open my work door. Upon returning home to sheepishly get my own keys, I realized they had been in my pocket the whole time.

And this is sober, folks!

donaldtoo

I've never taken pictures of the goings on at EPCOT because I think about what happens if their boss/family sees that picture, Yes they were STUPID and the alcohol amplified the effect.

But a LOT of employers would use those photos as grounds for termination like that poor woman in Texas who in a bible-thumping school district she wore a bikini on vacation in the carribean and posted photos on facebook and they canned her for 'immodest dress'

Or THIS poor woman who was sacked in Texas for the crime of holding a glass of wine and a mug of beer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ure-holding-glass-wine-mug-beer-Facebook.html

So no I don't document bad behavior because there are real world consequences in many cases.

Actually, the teacher in the article you linked to was from a high school in Georgia, not Texas.

mitchk

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Let the drinks flow Just kidding. I don't think it would hurt adding beer to TS, and QS. I will say I think the beer carts like they have at the other parks would be too much. And this is coming from a beer lover. Cheers!!

donaldtoo

they wuld be, but isn't Pinocchio an Italian story? lol the Bavarian theming never made a lot of sense to me... It is not a table service restaurant, so I doubt they would include it... But thematically it would be nice.

I believe the theming of that area is based on that of the Italian Alps, which is very similar to parts of the other countries that lie in the Alps. :)

Communicore

Speaking of beer I am always reminded of this classic exchange I overheard during Drunkytown like 3 or 4 years ago, when I was in line at the craft beer booth:

Dad: Don't tell mom this is your third beer today.

Kid: No, I won't.

I look behind me and the kid looks like 12 or so.

Communicore

But we stopped by the Singapore booth and a kindly granny there suggested we get her Singapore Slings. They were candy-sweet, and soon after we all realized how lethally strong they were. It's the only time I've been drunk at WDW, and it was not a pleasant situation.
Oh man tell me about it, I didn't know nothing about the infamous Slings and then I had just one and I was in a condition right away!

Nubs70

Here's the main thing that I've learned in all of my Disney planning the past several months-

We have morphed into a raging judgemental society who can't accept anything that doesn't fit their own personal preferences.

When this change took place is beyond me.

In fairness it isn't only here though..from gorilla incidents to Disney parks, people have shocked me this year. @Tony the Tigger summed it up, "Just coexist"
When you ask???

When anyone who disagrees with any lifestyle or action as something less than desireable is labeled some sort of."ist" and should be considered, shall we say, deplorable.

Nubs70

Yes! It would be part of the menu at Garden Grill! Weed delite!
Seriously, the Behind the Seeds tour is a great primer for setting up a hydroponic system.

The guide started to ger a little concerned when I started asking questions about nutrient ppm ratios and how frequently they peroxide washed for root slime.

Otterhead

Oh man tell me about it, I didn't know nothing about the infamous Slings and then I had just one and I was in a condition right away!
She even warned us, "Careful, boys, they're strong!" and we all laughed -- how strong could a cocktail at WDW be, made by a little Singaporean grandma? But I think those cups were 90% sloe gin.
When anyone who disagrees with any lifestyle or action as something less than desireable is labeled some sort of."ist" and should be considered, shall we say, deplorable.
Please don't get into politics here.

mitchk

Just to add something. I'm personally surprised it took this long. It was a go on a early menu at SC, but that changed almost last minute for some reason. I remember before SC was even announced they were tolling with the idea of a little spot that sold themed alcoholic drinks. Before that Gastons Tavern was even considered......bottom line we knew it was coming, let's hope everyone drinks responsibly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom