Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

rael ramone

Thoughts:

If it's just table service restaurants, the issue with individuals indulging to the point where their ability to adhere to guest rules (profanity, no disturbances, etc) is impaired will likely be nonexistent. (And it would be harder for them to rush diners at Cindy's castle).

If it follows the AK & DHS model, my guess is that it won't look exactly like it is there, simply due to much greater crowds.

If 'Drinking Around The Kingdom' becomes a 'thing', then all bets are off...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've noticed over the last ten years of F&W that the beverage amounts at the stalls have gotten a bit smaller and there don't seem to be any cocktails anymore; with the passports, they're aware how many people 'take on the challenge' and seem to have toned things back a bit accordingly.
A few years back, some friends and I decided to fill our passports, sharing sips of drinks and bites of food to qualify. By no means did we want to get drunk -- we had a lot of eating & drinking to do! But we stopped by the Singapore booth and a kindly granny there suggested we get her Singapore Slings. They were candy-sweet, and soon after we all realized how lethally strong they were. It's the only time I've been drunk at WDW, and it was not a pleasant situation.

You are the perfect example of someone who simply wants to enjoy a few drinks over the course of an afternoon at EPCOT, People like you are not the problem. And like you I'd never want to be drunk at WDW.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Thoughts:

If it's just table service restaurants, the issue with individuals indulging to the point where their ability to adhere to guest rules (profanity, no disturbances, etc) is impaired will likely be nonexistent. (And it would be harder for them to rush diners at Cindy's castle).

If it follows the AK & DHS model, my guess is that it won't look exactly like it is there, simply due to much greater crowds.

If 'Drinking Around The Kingdom' becomes a 'thing', then all bets are off...

If Drinking Around The Kingdom becomes a thing, It will be social media GOLD, And Disney will earn a deserved black eye for their greed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Maybe I was just one lucky guy. I agree that because I saw it a couple of times doesn't make it common place but it does happen from time to time.

I've never taken pictures of the goings on at EPCOT because I think about what happens if their boss/family sees that picture, Yes they were STUPID and the alcohol amplified the effect.

But a LOT of employers would use those photos as grounds for termination like that poor woman in Texas who in a bible-thumping school district she wore a bikini on vacation in the carribean and posted photos on facebook and they canned her for 'immodest dress'

Or THIS poor woman who was sacked in Texas for the crime of holding a glass of wine and a mug of beer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ure-holding-glass-wine-mug-beer-Facebook.html

So no I don't document bad behavior because there are real world consequences in many cases.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

If Drinking Around The Kingdom becomes a thing, It will be social media GOLD, And Disney will earn a deserved black eye for their greed.

I can see the groups with their Kingdom Passports now:

"Let's see, we did Mars-aritas in Tomorrowland, Mad Hatter's 'Drink Me' in Fantasyland, champagne from Cinderella's glass slipper at the castle, a refreshing highball of freedom juice in Liberty Square, a shot of 'xxx' in Frontierland ... looks like Jack Sparrow's Hidden Rum is next"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I can see the groups with their Kingdom Passports now:

"Let's see, we did Mars-aritas in Tomorrowland, Mad Hatter's 'Drink Me' in Fantasyland, champagne from Cinderella's glass slipper at the castle, a refreshing highball of freedom juice in Liberty Square, a shot of 'xxx' in Frontierland ... looks like Jack Sparrow's Hidden Rum is next"

Wow - you should be an Imagineer!, In Liberty Square it the beverage of choice would probably be Hard Cider or Beer based on historical accounts. "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, Ben Franklin aka Poor Richard"

Bocabear

Well, they always said they would never have booze in the Magic Kingdom, so seriously if they do anything it will be most likely adding alcoholic beverages to the sit down restaurants... Tony's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Skipper's Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern a,d Be Our Guest... I would be shocked and surprised if it ever went any further... Though I love the idea of a few "Adults Only" lounges hidden about the park...

raven

Well, they always said they would never have booze in the Magic Kingdom, so seriously if they do anything it will be most likely adding alcoholic beverages to the sit down restaurants... Tony's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Skipper's Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern a,d Be Our Guest... I would be shocked and surprised if it ever went any further... Though I love the idea of a few "Adults Only" lounges hidden about the park...
You know, them Bavarian's over at the Pinocchio Village Haus are begging for a beer as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom