Alcohol Around The World!

dragonfox98

Wow that sounds good right now!

What do they have in Norway, China, and Japan?

OK - I have done the research and am now prepared to answer. It looks like Norway serves its alcohol in the Akershus Restaurant. The serve a lot of mixed drinks (primarily with a base of vodka) and potato vodka is the big thing in Norway. I get ten points for my answer regarding Japan - they do serve sake. The Kaki Gori food cart located in Japan sells sake and Kirin Draft Beer. Moving on to China - at the Lotus Blossom Cafe you can get Chinese Beer and Chinese Wine.

Hope this helps!!

wild01ride

Just remember, lots of kids out there have never had an experience with a drunken idiot and you don't want to be their first...

my 2 cents...

dave

Priceless! Back in the "good 'ole" college days I had the misfortune of meeting many a person who was "that guy!"

On a personal note, me and the Mrs. will sometimes take a leisurely tour of "drinking around the world" (often on our last day to numb the pain!). Fortunately, for my sake, I've met my match as a soulmate - we both have squirrel bladders and...once the seal is broken, we are literally stopping in at every bathroom. Funny how she has only been to WDW a couple of times and could barely find the Haunted Mansion at MK, but you run a couple drinks through her in WS and she can find those bathrooms like a GPS Navigation system! :lol:

Cheers! Salut! Conpai! and yes, don't be "that guy!"

maelstrom

Wow that sounds good right now!

What do they have in Norway, China, and Japan?

Japan has sake and Kirin beer. I don't know about China and Norway. You can get slushies similar to the fiesta margarita in France, I believe, as well. I'm pretty sure they have a Grand Marnier one.

ImaYoyo

yoyo's favorites:

Classic Margarita - Mexico
Dos Equis Amber - Mexico
Plum Wine - China
Rosa Rigale - Italy (or your local publix)
Bud Select - America
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Ale - America (food and wine only)
Tangerine Freeze - Moroco
Grey Goose Le Citron Freeze - France
Gran Marnier Freeze - France
Guiness - UK
Labatt Blue Light - Canada

nickbrec

Kungaloosh for sure!

I said it before and I'll say it again......

Kungaloosh! from the Adventurers Club

Blackberry Brandy
Capt Morgans Original Spiced Rum
Orange Juice
Strawberry Juice
Crushed Ice

Delicious!

I don't know about you... but it doesn't matter what I drink in the AC, I LOVE that club more than anything down there.. well, maybe except for Illuminations. What kind of mug does this AC house specialty come in? Is it souvenir worthy?

I am actually surprised how unpopular this activity seems to be on these boards, but then again I went to a FL college and this is one of the major spring break activities.

The drinks around the world are more interesting if you attempt to venture past the beer carts near the lake that every country seems to have. There are a few hiden jems out there you can't really get anywhere else. Alot of the beers you can get anywhere with a large beer list. The key is to share the drinks so you can make it all the way around.

Japan - There is a sake bar. It is pretty well hidden, you have to go to the very back of the shopping, in the far corner. They sell many varieties and they are sold in cute flowered glasses that are part of the purchase.

Germany, Italy, France - Each of these pavilions has a wine store that does wine tastings. From my experience, germany is the most educated about the wine, but each provides a great opportunity to taste unique things for under $10.

Moracco - In the quick service restaurant here there is a small coffee bar towards the back. The coffee bar makes coffee cocktails. I think my fav is called Moraccan coffee...its fabulous.

The best by far is the margaritas in mexico...but if you want to make it all the way around, I'd start on the other side of the lake!

slowbee

I've done the World many times... I'm 6'4" and played college football, so I have the frame to be respectful to those around me and never get to partied out. I agree with everyone here, there are kids and families and the last thing anyone wants to exprience is Wrigley Field (only those who have been there would know what I'm talking about)

With that being said... my wife and I share something from each country. The wine samples in France is one of the best to do. You get 3 tastes of 3 different wines and they explain where each one is from. And the Rose and Crown Pub, you can get the big glass....

raven

I once tried to drink my way around the world and only made it half way. :lol: But I love to sit by the bridge in Mexico and watch all of the drunk moms laughing together as they walk by.

My husband did this on our last trip, and it was FUN, but I made him take the whole day (literally from 11 til 9) to get it done - so really he was only drinking ~1 drink per hour.

He did a fiesta margarita in Mexico, then we had TS ressies at Biergarten so we skipped China & Norway...he got a pint of German beer (don't remember the type, but it was wheat) with his lunch. Italy he got the bellini (I think?) which was a fruity peach wine I believe. America he got a Sam Adams, Japan he got a cold sake, Morocco he got a frozen daiquiri with almond liquor and coconut that was DIVINE, France he got a frozen orange drink with Grand Marnier in it. UK we went to the bar at Rose & Crown and he got a Boddington's (I think? maybe a different type of beer, I don't remember). Canada he got a Molson's, and then we went back to Norway and he got a viking coffee & China...hmm...I think he got some plum wine, I don't remember for sure.

Anyways, if you do it over the whole day and take your time in each country to really enjoy it, you can do it safely. And we took some great pictures of him with each drink to remember the experience. (I had a few sips of each drink, but I only got my own in Germany & UK)

As a side note, just about all of the countries have TS & CS restaurants, but they also have "carts" (generally on the lagoon side of the walkway, but not always) that sell just a few snacks and drinks - and those are a quick and easy way of getting at the alcohol. As previously mentioned, though, several of them do not accept credit card/room key for purchase - they are cash only - so make sure you carry some cash with you. (France was definitely this way...so was Italy or Morocco, I don't remember which)

RPMdfw

I discovered something truly fantastic at what I've always thought of as the "Coffee Kiosk" at the Italy Pavillion.

They call it an "Italian Margarita". Essentially it's a frozen margarita with Grappa instead of Tequila and Lemoncillo instead of Triple-Sec. VERY yummy. Very Potent. VERY refreshing on a hot day. Definitely worth a try.

Interestingly, we couldn't find one anywhere in Rome, Florence, or Naples last month, and had to make do with all the fantastic things they had instead. :drevil:

Okay, Im ready to go back to Italy now. :lookaroun

RPMdfw

What kind of mug does this AC house specialty come in? Is it souvenir worthy?

The Adventurers Club currently doesn't have a signature drink container. In the past one could purchase a Kungaloosh in a tiki glass, canteen, an monkey head mug, a yakoose-head mug, and a monkey-nut (carved coconut drink holder) but now, all they have are standard plastic cups despite the fact that there have been several requests for new AC merchandise, including drinkware.

Here's hoping that the situation changes soon.

DisneyNme

We usually go to WDW during the food and wine fest in november. Ive made it around the world drinking. Of Course theres a few more stops than usual, but the food helps alot. The Weather in November is a little bit cooler, specially in the evening hours , so that helps out a bit. We start in Mexico, and finnish it off with a little Off-Kilter In canada. What Great time! Cant wait for November! :sohappy:

marietta-stitch

I have made it around the world many times. Food and Wine Festival is the hardest to make it around though, I still have to acomplish it during that time, I can make it to the Sam Adams tent in America and then I am done. But my favorite drink at Epcot on non Food and Wine visits is the Snake Bite from Rose and Crown Pub. Half Harp and Half Hard Cider with a drizzle of grape stuff on top. I can't wait to get one Friday:sohappy: :sohappy:

csmat99

I have made it around the world many times. Food and Wine Festival is the hardest to make it around though, I still have to acomplish it during that time, I can make it to the Sam Adams tent in America and then I am done. But my favorite drink at Epcot on non Food and Wine visits is the Snake Bite from Rose and Crown Pub. Half Harp and Half Hard Cider with a drizzle of grape stuff on top. I can't wait to get one Friday:sohappy: :sohappy:

The food and wine festival is the best time to go "drinking around the world". I usally start in England and get a half yard and head toward Canada and so on.

I understand the parents that don't want their kids to be around some drunk but that doesn't mean they should shut down the taps. With all the years I have been going to Disney I could count on one hand where there was someone who had too much to drink and was becoming a nuisance but in each case Disney took care of the problem right away. Now I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many time I have come across some down right rude people and they were as sober as could be. For example I was waiting in line at Magic Kingdom for some Popcorn with my son and a woman almost ran him over with her Disney Stroller. Didn't even say she was sorry. If anything drinking takes the edge off so people can just relax and have a good time. That is why I think people at Magic Kingdom are not as happy it's "dry" :ROFLOL:

hrcollectibles

I said it before and I'll say it again......

Kungaloosh! from the Adventurers Club

Blackberry Brandy
Capt Morgans Original Spiced Rum
Orange Juice
Strawberry Juice
Crushed Ice

Delicious!

I had my First AC Experience this weekend.. and all I have to say is

Kungaloosh :) One of the most refreshing beverages I ahve had in a long time. i usually stay away from any drinks with crushed ice...

csmat99

I had my First AC Experience this weekend.. and all I have to say is

Kungaloosh :) One of the most refreshing beverages I ahve had in a long time. i usually stay away from any drinks with crushed ice...

Another highlight is dinner and a big frosty mug in Germany. The kids love to get on the dance floor. Then dessert in France.

Bongoboy

Stop first at The Rose and Crown. Get yourself a 1/2 yard of Bass and find a bench to enjoy the people going by. You will be off to a great start.:slurp:

cooleo

Not sure.. but I want to know if anyone's ever been able to go to World Showcase, have a frothy beverage at each pavilion and make it back to their room.... So far, I start at Mexico and can't make it past American Adventure. Something about alcohol and that lovely central Florida sun.

lol

I did this in November for the Food & Wine Festival. My wife & I were there due to her job for a conference. I was all by myself for the day & I just spent the whole day making my way around World Showcase enjoying a mug of fine brew in each country. At the end of the day I took the monrail back to the Grand Floridian to get ready for dinner. As I was getting off the monrail, I tripped on a rug & nearly face planted right into the sliding glass doors entering the resort lobby. On top of that, a couple of my buddyies wives were right behind me & enjoyed a good laugh. :eek: I still enjoyed myself. Ready to do it again.:dazzle:

TTFN-Tiggger

Not much of a drinker myself. However on a warm day in Florida it is nice to enjoy a Kiwi Margarita in Mexico and a Strawberry Daiquiri in Morrocco. They are both pretty good. That is about the only alcohol I consume in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom