Al Lutz: Tom Staggs stepping back and reconsidering many aspects of FLE

puntagordabob

I saw Tom Staggs a few times during his recent WDW visit. He did spend a lot of time going to the parks with his family. His son was talking about all of the attractions he enjoyed both at DL and WDW. It seems he definitely visitet WDW with the guest perspective in mind.

I can hear his son walking out of The Tiki Room asking: "Why does WDW's Tiki Room suck so much! Ours is so much better..." :hammer:

IWant2GoNow

FLE has gone vertical. Definitely the Chateau complex. Screamscape reports Pixie Hollow is happening although it has had some content changes.

Glad I could shed the light of truth on the situation. :cool:

Yea but Screamscape is also reporting that the Cindy and Aurora M&Gs are on the chopping block which you said were safe not too long ago.

I like Screamscape a lot and I feel like most of Lance's stuff is good, but I really don't think anyone knows what is going to be built in FLE now (aside from BoGR and VotLM). I think we should just all sit back and watch the construction towards the later part of this year and early next.

By then we should probably have the "truth" figured out. :rolleyes:

BrerFrog

Yea but Screamscape is also reporting that the Cindy and Aurora M&Gs are on the chopping block which you said were safe not too long ago.

I like Screamscape a lot and I feel like most of Lance's stuff is good, but I really don't think anyone knows what is going to be built in FLE now (aside from BoGR and VotLM). I think we should just all sit back and watch the construction towards the later part of this year and early next.

By then we should probably have the "truth" figured out. :rolleyes:

I think that by the time we can make something out of this constructing mess Disney will have already told us the final scope of the expansion.

Captain Chaos

Here was the image for Ariel's Grotto:

IMG_3300.jpg

(Image from MouseSteps)

I'm still not seeing vertical construction anywhere. :shrug:

Is that really where Ariel's Grotto was? I thought it was more to the left (in that picture) and back a little... I thought maybe what we are seeing is the floor of Pooh's Playful spot...

Either way, now that I look at the picture with less tired eyes, it does appear to be remnants of something and not new foundation... Even though Mouse Steps lists the picture as laid down foundation...

EDIT: Nevermind.... just saw Lee's aerial... Yep.... Ariel's Grotto.. No new foundation...

Sorry JT... ya appeared to be incorrect in this one...

jt04

Is that really where Ariel's Grotto was? I thought it was more to the left (in that picture) and back a little... I thought maybe what we are seeing is the floor of Pooh's Playful spot...

Either way, now that I look at the picture with less tired eyes, it does appear to be remnants of something and not new foundation... Even though Mouse Steps lists the picture as laid down foundation...

EDIT: Nevermind.... just saw Lee's aerial... Yep.... Ariel's Grotto.. No new foundation...

Sorry JT... ya appeared to be incorrect in this one...

What I am looking at is nowhere near the grotto. I'm not talking about the wall that is being demolished but the area well to the east of that. I admit it is difficult to see but even more so to those who don't want to see it. :dazzle:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There does appear to be some sort of foundation in place. Of what, I'm not certain. Only time and the vertical construction will give us that....

And Jt, spare us the snark and "common sense" comments. They're allowed to disagree....

DisneyParksFan1

What I am looking at is nowhere near the grotto. I'm not talking about the wall that is being demolished but the area well to the east of that. I admit it is difficult to see but even more so to those who don't want to see it. :dazzle:

Are you talking about that yellow thing on the pic I posted earlier?

jt04

Are you talking about that yellow thing on the pic I posted earlier?

No. If you look very close you can see a long snaking line of metal forms partially buried in the ground. The cement form is attached to that. If 20K still existed it would be squarely in the sub grotto.

Lee

Adventurer
No. If you look very close you can see a long snaking line of metal forms partially buried in the ground. The cement form is attached to that. If 20K still existed it would be squarely in the sub grotto.
Point it out on an arial shot like I did in the other thread.
I just don't see it. Want to...just can't.

jt04

Point it out on an arial shot like I did in the other thread.
I just don't see it. Want to...just can't.

The pic in question was taken yesterday and posted to mousesteps. The only aerial shot I know of is 2 weeks old. Do you have a link to a new aerial shot?

Lee

Adventurer
No.
Gi look in the thread in the FLE section. Compare the Mousestep photo to the arial I used in my post.
Locate the concrete you speak of.

jt04

No.
Gi look in the thread in the FLE section. Compare the Mousestep photo to the arial I used in my post.
Locate the concrete you speak of.

The forms appeared between Sunday and yesterday. So they won't be on any aerial photo older than Sunday. It really is not that important. With the frantic pace they are moving and another week it will be impossible to deny the progress. People have already spotted cement trucks on the plot.

Loehnwulf

"This just in from our DNN studios in Orlando..More rumor and speculation to follow..guesses will be made and facts thrown completely out the window" We now return you to your previously scheduled movie..Pulp Fiction

Lee

Adventurer
The forms appeared between Sunday and yesterday. So they won't be on any aerial photo older than Sunday. It really is not that important. With the frantic pace they are moving and another week it will be impossible to deny the progress. People have already spotted cement trucks on the plot.

*sigh*
What I'm saying is, point out the Mousstep photo that shows what you are talking about. Then point out, using the older aerial shot, their position in the construction area.

jt04

*sigh*
What I'm saying is, point out the Mousstep photo that shows what you are talking about. Then point out, using the older aerial shot, their position in the construction area.

Ohhhh. Sorry. I can't pinpoint exactly where the mousesteps photos are taken from/of. I only have a general perspective. The entire plot seems to get bigger by the day and I have not seen it in person to get better perspective on the project. Where is a merf photo update when it is needed? :zipit::lol:

cbconglom

Ohhhh. Sorry. I can't pinpoint exactly where the mousesteps photos are taken from/of. I only have a general perspective. The entire plot seems to get bigger by the day and I have not seen it in person to get better perspective on the project. Where is a merf photo update when it is needed? :zipit::lol:

Are thinking you are seeing it from a pic on page 1 page 2 or the video?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom