• Something Involving Randall
A Bug's Life Mini-Land
  • HISTKMSA replaced with a bug playground
  • Two rides from the Bug Land from DCA
Ratatouille Mini-Land
  • A Ratatouille Restaurant
  • The Ratatouille Dark Ride from Paris
WALL*E Mini-Land
  • ... I have no idea Circle of Life-type preachy environmental movie.
Finding Nemo Mini-Land
  • A Submarine Adventure Clone Crush Coaster
The Incredibles Mini-Land
  • An Incredible (pun intended) motion simulator
UP Mini-Land
  • A M&G inside Carl's House
Brave Mini-Land
  • Something like the current place at MK
Cars Mini-Land
  • Possible a clone of RSRs
  • Maybe MJJ
  • Either Flo's V8 Cafe or the Cozy Cone Motel

Magenta Panther

You know, in hindsight (I know, I know) maybe what TDO should have done is create a huge Beauty and the Beast area with a terrific dark ride (or maybe expand Enchanted Tales with Belle into a full-blown AA theater), and have the restaurant as an adjunct. Kind of like San Angel Inn is a ride with a wonderful inner-village gift area AND a great place to eat, only BOG could have been bigger and better. It sucks to stand outside of Be Our Guest and realize that as cool as it looks it's JUST A RESTAURANT. Heck of a letdown if you ask me.

menamechris

Toy Story Mini-Land
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • A relocated and improved Pizza Planet
  • Maybe a toy store...?
Monsters, Inc. Mini-Land
  • The Door Coaster
  • Possibly Ride & Go Seek
  • Something Involving Randall
A Bug's Life Mini-Land
  • HISTKMSA replaced with a bug playground
  • Two rides from the Bug Land from DCA
Ratatouille Mini-Land
  • A Ratatouille Restaurant
  • The Ratatouille Dark Ride from Paris
WALL*E Mini-Land
  • ... I have no idea
Finding Nemo Mini-Land
  • A Submarine Adventure Clone Crush Coaster
The Incredibles Mini-Land
  • An Incredible (pun intended) motion simulator
UP Mini-Land
  • A M&G inside Carl's House
Brave Mini-Land
  • Something like the current place at MK
Cars Mini-Land
  • Possible a clone of RSRs
  • Maybe MJJ
  • Either Flo's V8 Cafe or the Cozy Cone Motel

Sweet plan and ideas. Now Disney just needs to sign the $100 Billion check it would take to make it happen...

menamechris

You know, in hindsight (I know, I know) maybe what TDO should have done is create a huge Beauty and the Beast area with a terrific dark ride (or maybe expand Enchanted Tales with Belle into a full-blown AA theater), and have the restaurant as an adjunct. Kind of like San Angel Inn is a ride with a wonderful inner-village gift area AND a great place to eat, only BOG could have been bigger and better. It sucks to stand outside of Be Our Guest and realize that as cool as it looks it's JUST A RESTAURANT. It's cool to look at but that's it. Heck of a letdown if you ask me.

I agree completely. However, it is the most stunning, majestic cafeteria you will ever see....

The Empress Lilly

You know, in hindsight (I know, I know) maybe what TDO should have done is create a huge Beauty and the Beast area with a terrific dark ride (or maybe expand Enchanted Tales with Belle into a full-blown AA theater), and have the restaurant as an adjunct. Kind of like San Angel Inn is a ride with a wonderful inner-village gift area AND a great place to eat, only BOG could have been bigger and better. It sucks to stand outside of Be Our Guest and realize that as cool as it looks it's JUST A RESTAURANT. Heck of a letdown if you ask me.
Yes.

That is why MK 1.0 is vastly superior over MK 2.0.

Restaurants, rides, experiences were once all tied to organised themes. With the current FL reclamation projects, the unity of FL is discarded, to be replaced by pockets of individual stories. BatB land + LM land + Dumboland + Rapunzelland. Instead of 'Fantasyland'. The overarching thematic unity is severly compromised, weakened, so that the magic is lost. BatB, despite being of itself the most densely themed restaurant ever in the MK, ends up feeling hollow, unsatisfactory. Because it is not tied to a larger theme.

Taylor

re: Marvel in Uni.; Disney really has to play nice with Uni and more specifically Comcast simply because of the fact that Comcast is the single largest distributor of Disney's TV Network Operations (e.g., ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel and Disney XD). Considering that ESPN is TWDC's cash cow, there is no way that they would rock the boat for a theme park attraction in one of their 5 and soon to me 6 worldwide resorts.
Comcast doesn't want to lose espn or the Disney channels. There customers would drop like flys

PeterAlt

You re-theme the ride to focus on Syndrome instead of Tony Stark, and crank up the sarcasm.
The problem is Marvel is not the only characters barred from east of the Missippi that Disneyland has access to. If you have been there, another great attraction they have that we don't is Toon Town, which includes several great attractions, especially Roger Rabit's Car Toon Spin. Disneyland (and TDL) were lucky enough to get the rights of the characters used in that movie. I'm not exactly clear about the details but it has to do with Spielberg's bad blood with Eisner at the time, forbidding WDW to use these characters and thereby forbidding clones of that popular attraction at WDW.

I'm saying Disney shouldn't stand by and just let these companies add to a growing blacklist of characters banned from ever appearing at WDW, which Disney paid good money for. No other Disney property is singled out like this.

As to the Toons Town characters, after I type this I'm going to do some research. Somehow Spielberg is involved. By default, this involves Universal, since Spielberg is their creative consultant. If it involves Spielberg, this means it really involves Amblin Entertainment, Spielberg's production company. If it involves Amblin, by default Kathleen Kennedy was involved, since she is/was Spielberg's business partner at Amblin. I wonder if a trade can be made favorable to both companies? Hmm...

Californian Elitist

The problem is Marvel is not the only characters barred from east of the Missippi that Disneyland has access to. If you have been there, another great attraction they have that we don't is Toon Town, which includes several great attractions, especially Roger Rabit's Car Toon Spin. Disneyland (and TDL) were lucky enough to get the rights of the characters used in that movie. I'm not exactly clear about the details but it has to do with Spielberg's bad blood with Eisner at the time, forbidding WDW to use these characters and thereby forbidding clones of that popular attraction at WDW.

I'm saying Disney shouldn't stand by and just let these companies add to a growing blacklist of characters banned from ever appearing at WDW, which Disney paid good money for. No other Disney property is singled out like this.

As to the Toons Town characters, after I type this I'm going to do some research. Somehow Spielberg is involved. By default, this involves Universal, since Spielberg is their creative consultant. If it involves Spielberg, this means it really involves Amblin Entertainment, Spielberg's production company. If it involves Amblin, by default Kathleen Kennedy was involved, since she is/was Spielberg's business partner at Amblin. I wonder if a trade can be made favorable to both companies? Hmm...

What makes you think Disney cares about not being able to use certain characters in Florida?

PeterAlt

Still researching, but found something interesting about the rights of Looney Toons characters:

Looney Toons is owned by Time Warner. In 1976, Great America bought the theme parks rights from Warner Communications (which is now Time Warner). Great America was sold to Six Flags. Six Flags was sold to Time Warner, which effectively gave them their theme park character rights back.

I'm still unclear about Amblin's rights to those characters and how Disney was granted use of them for Roger Rabit. More as I learn more...

Tom Morrow

I'd say take out up and brave.
and Nemo. Come on - a THIRD Nemo attraction?

I think at most we could maybe see the Monsters Inc. attraction, HISTKMSA rethemed to A Bugs Life, and LMA/Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon becoming some form of Radiator Springs Racers. The ride alone could fit in to "Pixar Place" in some way, but "Cars Land" would not.

PeterAlt

I labeled the structures for those who are confused as to what's what:

DHSExpansion_Area_Labels.jpg

1. DHS office bungalows (likely would not be relocated)
2. Jack Sparrow / One Man's Dream
3. LMA "Practice Lot" (considering its location being blocked by #4, would most likely remain as Cast Member backstage parking and storage area... but who knows?)
4. Creative Costuming and Scenic Shop (likely would not be relocated)
5. Toy Story Midway Mania
6. Great Movie Ride show building
7. Soundstage 1 (I believe) - vacant, rumored site of elusive Monsters Inc. coaster
8. Was once part of the walking tour - the "Special Effects Workshop and Shooting Stage". It is currently unused (though last I've heard, many props are still in there.)
9. Backlot Tour Special Effects Water Tank - the first part of the current Backlot Tour.
10. Backlot Tour entrance and queue.
11. Backlot Tour prop warehouse and tram loading station
12. Backlot Tour tram unloading station and AMC gallery.
13. HISTKMSA
14. Misc. service building (likely would not be relocated)
15. Catastrophe Canyon
16. Walt's plane
17. LMA stadium
18. LMA marquee

So that should give you an idea of why I enclosed what I did - its unlikely that they would remove the buildings I mentioned and I can't see them making any modifications to world drive. The most logical options are to play with that circled area, or move the main toll plaza and entrance road.
You know, the Master Plan shows it eventually expanding to cross World Drive. I'm not sure how they plan on doing this. Bridges and tunnels are the only ways I can think of. Or they can tunnel World Drive through an underpass under the expansion area. Foot traffic tunnels would probably be the cheapest way of doing it without having ugly pedestrian bridges. With the foot traffic tunnels, you can have theming from Point A to Point B without ever seeing the traffic above.

PeterAlt

What makes you think Disney cares about not being able to use certain characters in Florida?
I would like to hope that they care. As I am sure the majority of the shareholders would too. It's just good business to care. If the executives and managers don't, they need to be replaced by people who do.

Donald96

Just hoping here but wouldn't a nicely themed BRAVE roller coaster fit well? I was thinking grizzly gulch esque and the center area where the trains (painted black like her horse?) come back and pass through again and again could be the circle of stones? If not here they could do it at UK in Epcot and have it themed like ruins of a scotish castle...

Adam5897

and Nemo. Come on - a THIRD Nemo attraction?

I think at most we could maybe see the Monsters Inc. attraction, HISTKMSA rethemed to A Bugs Life, and LMA/Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon becoming some form of Radiator Springs Racers. The ride alone could fit in to "Pixar Place" in some way, but "Cars Land" would not.
I actually did mean to put nemo, sorry about that, I do agree that It doesn't make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom