Airfare

cathyy

I'm so excited I just checked airfare for our trip and it would be $170 per person, including taxes!!!

I just tried to call Kingdom Konsulations to get their opinion on some stuff but they are probably out to lunch!!

I'm so excited I think this is a really good deal for airfare, Buffalo NY to Orlando.

pixiesteno

:sohappy:I usually book Airtran out of Rochester NY and have had great luck getting good fares. A couple of weeks ago I booked 3 round trip, non-stop each way from ROC to MCO and with taxes it was $531 for our December trip. There's no way we could drive there and back for that amout of money. I somehow signed up for them to alert me with e-mails, somewhere along the way, and I find they will run a promotional about 1 to 2 times a month. You have to admit it's a perfect time for the airlines to really work the flying is cheaper than driving. We have always had excellent service with Airtran. My SIL and I got our wings from our pilot in Feb as we were the only ones on a mid day flight heading to the World. He also had trivia questions over the intercom about every half and hour or so.
Snap up those deals, Flordia in January is a whole lot easier to take than Buffalo.

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

Snap it up! While watching airfares last week, the specific flights I wanted on Us Airways (for Sept 08) went from $368 on 5/5 to $268 on 5/7 to $229 the morning of 5/8 to $183 the afternoon of 5/8. I couldn't take it anymore and booked the $183 price.

I've checked a couple of times since and the fare is still $183 - I just hope it doesn't go down again, but at least I have a reasonably priced RT ticket to WDW.
If you find that is it does drop just call the airline and get a credit. most airlines will give yo them

Upvote 0

jpm46

Also from Buffalo - Orlando...

SOUTHWEST
Aug. 6: (Non-stop, 7:30 AM) $115.
Aug. 13 (Non-stop, 7:20 PM) $86.

...yeah I'm pretty proud of that.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

How about Newark - is that too far away from you? I've heard about some good fares from Newark to Orlando on Jet Blue.

Somtimes.

This past April I paid +/- $500 EWR-MCO R/T on Continental. Jet Blue wanted +/- $530

Fares were insane in April, but thats when the kids were off from school, so I was pretty much stuck :(

-dave

Upvote 0

Lidia76

I was able to get airfare on Airtran for $129, roundtrip for September. Flying out of Washington DC. Of course I am at the mercy of AirTran and having them switch my filights at the last minute.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Yeah thats a good price. Anything under 200 is a steal in my opinion right now. I am flying down to Orlando for a day next week and my airfare was 350.

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I've gotten some great deals out of Newark but April was rediculous it was the most I ever paid. I just booked 9/24 returning 9/29 for $259 with all of the taxes and such. Not terrible. A couple times Continental has been cheaper but never by much and I like Jet Blue better so I'm pretty much sticking with them. When they send me their promotion emails with $84 a flight it makes it so tempting to go again... cause you know 3-4 trips a year clearly isn't enough. ;) And you should definity sign up for True Blue if you're going to use them a lot.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

You should be able to get that easy - I'm flying out of San Antonio and got $248 r/t - out of DFW it should be cheaper.

Are you flying AA? AA punishes there customers that fly on a non stop out of DFW. It is cheaper to fly SAT-DFW-MCO or AUS-DFW-MCO on AA, then DFW-MCO.
It used to be you could book a flight starting in Austin and just skip the Austin-DFW leg and get it cheaper. AA caught on to this and put an end to it.

Upvote 0

Hrudey3032

Wow! Congrats on the great price! My goal was to stay under $300 from Denver and we booked for $270, so I'm happy about that. I could have saved some change by going ATA, but their flight didn't get in until after 10.

We're going the week after you get back and I can hardly contain myself at this point -- I'll probably be entirely worthless the whole month of August!

You would have been devastated by the fact ATA is no longer in business.I am from Indianapolis where ATA was formed and they just suddenly shuttered their doors a month or so ago just laying off 600 employees without any notice.As far as I knew they had no intentions of paying back pre-paid fares by going into bankruptcy....again.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Are you flying AA? AA punishes there customers that fly on a non stop out of DFW. It is cheaper to fly SAT-DFW-MCO or AUS-DFW-MCO on AA, then DFW-MCO.
It used to be you could book a flight starting in Austin and just skip the Austin-DFW leg and get it cheaper. AA caught on to this and put an end to it.

Wow, you've gotta be kidding - that's terrible! I would really have thought that it would be cheaper to fly direct out of DFW.

I'm flying Delta - layover in Atlanta.

Upvote 0

Disney05

We're paying $89 from Long Island on Southwest. It's by far the highest we've paid for tickets. If we left a day earlier or a day later we would have paid more than $75 dollars per ticket more. I couldn't trust a good "Ding". Fuel prices are getting out of control to gamble.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I've gotten some great deals out of Newark but April was rediculous it was the most I ever paid. I just booked 9/24 returning 9/29 for $259 with all of the taxes and such. Not terrible. A couple times Continental has been cheaper but never by much and I like Jet Blue better so I'm pretty much sticking with them. When they send me their promotion emails with $84 a flight it makes it so tempting to go again... cause you know 3-4 trips a year clearly isn't enough. ;) And you should definity sign up for True Blue if you're going to use them a lot.

I am a TrueBlue member, but I don't really like their rewards plan. I do like the JetBlue planes. TV does not thrill me, but I am 6'4" so the extra legroom is a bonus.

The thing is, I fly for business a bit, and Newark is a Continental hub, so most of my flights are on Continental (Colorado, Texas, Tampa, Washington, etc) so I have miles on my Continental OnePass account. I also get OnePass miles when I buy groceries at Shop Rite.

So if it comes down to a toss up between JetBlue and Continental, Continental wins. But if the JetBlue price is a LOT better, I will use them.

You are right, April was insane. I looked at flights all over April and they were all like that.

The problem with the $84 JetBlue flight are they are ususaly at the times I dont want :) But yes, 3-4 times a year is must too little.

Good to see I have a neighbor around these boards :) (Leonia myself)

-dave

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

I bought our airline tickets back on March 4 for 4 people. We always fly Airtran out of Dayton, OH because CVG is way too expensive. Anyway, our tickets were 144 RT, can't beat that. Their planes are nice and the service is great too. Have never had any problems with them (knock on wood).

Only 17 more days!!!

Upvote 0

JxnMan20

Wow that's an awesome price!! I paid around $250 round trip from Mississippi in December! :brick:

Hey Katy...if you can you should look at flying out of New Orleans. I can fly Southwest to Orlando non-stop for $150 roundtrip. The flight is only 1:40 long...It's great!

Originally from Jackson,MS here...so I know how expensive the flights can be out of there. :wave:

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

Wow, you've gotta be kidding - that's terrible! I would really have thought that it would be cheaper to fly direct out of DFW.

I'm flying Delta - layover in Atlanta.

Well the airfare gods are smiling on me. I have booked 4 of the 6 tickets I need for $219 dfw-mco-dfw. I am having to make 3 different reservations though

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom