Votes: 13 6.9%
  • 40-49

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 50 or over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krankenstein

Supposedly, I was around 2...but I don't remember anything. The rents took me back when I was 5. I remember everything about that trip! :D

Jab1820

I was 9 on my frist trip. In 2 months I will be taking my 5 month old for his first trip.

I took my wife for her first trip and it was one of the more memorable experiences of my life. Just being able to watch a grown up see Disney for the first time is priceless!

mpoppins217

My first trip was to DL when I was 2. My parents didn't want to take me that young because they thought it was pointless and I wouldn't get much out of it (and I didn't haha I have no memory about any of the trip except for what I've seen in videos) but they had been promising my sister to take her since before I came along so they had to. Went several times after that, though, with my first remembered trip being around age 5/6.

Firt time at WDW was at age 7!

And I've been hooked ever since! :sohappy:

mrerk

Premium Member
It was 1993 and I was 11 years old. I went with a friend in a wheelchair so we always went in through the exits. It would be several more years before I ever discovered that the Haunted Mansion had a stretching room. Since I was a newbie, they fed me lots of misinformation. They had me convinced that you had to pay money for each individual ride so I was worried to death that I would not be able to afford it all. I was also looking forward to the ride with the *anti-gravity room* where you got to float through the air ( I was 11 and thought anything was possible at Disney World). I never did find that ride but I suppose Mission Space would be a close approximation. We stayed at the Polynesian and my friend's mother told me that I was singing "It's a small world" in my sleep.

I think that ride has that effect on a lot of us.

Welcome to the boards!:wave:

mrerk

Premium Member
I was 9 on my frist trip. In 2 months I will be taking my 5 month old for his first trip.

I took my wife for her first trip and it was one of the more memorable experiences of my life. Just being able to watch a grown up see Disney for the first time is priceless!

I agree. I took my then GF (now wife) to WDW for her first trip in 1983.

jen2009

I was five when I first visted the mouse. I still visit the mouse every year and sometimes two, for the last twenty five years. Next trip in 166 days and counting. It will be a disney wedding and disneymoon.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

scheat

I was 24 on our honeymoon in 1993. I think it was kinda cool to first see it a little older and have an understanding of everything. EPCOT was still in it's hey day and was I totally in awe of the place.

MacDuffieMuppet

Went when i was still in the womb, then about 2 months maybe less.:sohappy: If only i had been born there... Then have been going ever since... Took my best friend for her first time when she was 17. I hope to be brining my bf for his first time this winter/spring if i get into the cp. :lol:

Mikester71

First trip to the happiest place on Earth didn't happen for me until I was 34; back in 2005. Was back in 2007 and will be back in 2009! Can't wait..every time is like the first time for me! :p

Rabflmom

How old were you when you first visited a major Disney theme park?

I went the first year WDW was open so had just graduated from college. It was soooo cool when the characters could still walk among the people. It was cool when the park was open till 2 AM on a regular summer night. Even with just the 1 park it was still the best vacation I had ever taken-even better than spring breaks in Daytona<g>

mickey7879

I was 16 when I first came to Disney. My then boyfriend now husband brought me down with his mother and extended family.

Two years later we got engaged on Splash Mountain (our favorite ride)! Three years after that we had a Disney themed wedding at home followed by a honeymoon at Disney.

After being married nearly 7 years we took a "conceptionmoon" to Disney and brought back a "little souvenir"! Before our little one was born we took a "babymoon" as our last Disney vacation that would be just the two of us for a very long time. It was so relaxing. We spurged and stayed at the Polynesian with the MK. Good thing since we spent a lot of time in our room with me being so tired!

Our little one is now a year old and has already been to Disney once and will be going again in December! As you can see, Disney has played a very big part in our lives!

Rogue21

First, but not Last

I remember growing up watching the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night and wishing our family could go, but knowing we couldn't afford the trip. It was 1986 when I got to go with my younger sister for our first trip -- I was 24.

But, now that I've been to both WDW and DLR several times I figure it's time to take my parents. This December will be their first ever trip to WDW and we'll be celebrating both of their 70th b-days, as well as their 52nd anniversary. I'm just thrilled to be able to take them.

You're never too old to enjoy the Magic. :xmas:

Lucky

Original Poster
I was 16 when I first came to Disney. My then boyfriend now husband brought me down with his mother and extended family.

Two years later we got engaged on Splash Mountain (our favorite ride)! Three years after that we had a Disney themed wedding at home followed by a honeymoon at Disney.

After being married nearly 7 years we took a "conceptionmoon" to Disney and brought back a "little souvenir"! Before our little one was born we took a "babymoon" as our last Disney vacation that would be just the two of us for a very long time. It was so relaxing. We spurged and stayed at the Polynesian with the MK. Good thing since we spent a lot of time in our room with me being so tired!

Our little one is now a year old and has already been to Disney once and will be going again in December! As you can see, Disney has played a very big part in our lives!
That's a great story. Maybe Disney should market your idea of "conceptionmoon" trips. Producing more future Disney fans would be good business for them.

My first visit to WDW was in February 1974 when I was 6. My grandparents had just moved to Tampa the month before & mom & I went to visit them, so we all came up here for a day. I would go visit Mom & Pop every summer from then up to 1983, and we would always take a day trip to Disney.

My first trip to DL was in 1998 at the ripe old age of 30 (just a couple weeks shy of 31).

My dad didn't go to WDW until his 40th birthday - my step-mom surprised him with a quick trip (his b-day is 12/21).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom