After The Last Final Answer

Computer Magic

As has been brought up already..."Sounds Dangerous" has no fan base and has about 15 people at most of its showings, and right next door, you've got the ABC Soundstage that has been abandoned for years!

There is no way to argue that "Millionaire" as a TV show is dead...it was just re-signed for 2 more years!

It absolutely defies logic, taking out an attraction that was highly popular, when you have plenty of space elsewhere that can house a new and needed attraction.

Not to mention, that it was the only thing that justified the word "studio" in the name of the park. To my knowledge, the tapings of the "Millionaire" television show were the only productions actually being done at the park since they closed the animation studios. So I guess it should now be called Disney MGM Park.

In my opinion, it was probably the most rediculous and the worst thought out plan in Disney history.

But getting back to my question...does anyone know about possible auctions of items from the attraction?
I agree with you..

kennygman

We were there the last day and planned to see the last show, but the line was over 2 hours long and we had Grand Parents with us that wanted to see B&B and LMA and IJ along with Mickey's Magic, so we passed on the final show op.

Chape19714

Which of the following in NOT true?

A This attraction has been around for too long
B We are being replaced by something better
C Stitch is jealous of how our bad show is somewhat popular
D A monorail is being added to Animal Kingdom

Of coarse, they said C. :lol:

Who knows..

:lol: jk, i liked the show, but it's time ran out. Nothing is 100% immortal, not even the classics, they've all been altered or changed.

jedimaster1227

Which of the following in NOT true?

A This attraction has been around for too long
B We are being replaced by something better
C Stitch is jealous of how our bad show is somewhat popular
D A monorail is being added to Animal Kingdom

Of coarse, they said C. :lol:

Who knows..

:lol: jk, i liked the show, but it's time ran out. Nothing is 100% immortal, not even the classics, they've all been altered or changed.

Can I answer E: All of the above are true? :lookaroun

Joking about D though...

rbrower

Most of the last couple of times that I went, it was only half full. But the last time that I went, it was filled completely. I was stuck up in one of the corners where I couldn't even barely see the screens. That was probably the worst view that I had ever had. But it was nice to see the place full like it was when it opened for one last time. Oh well, I guess that was my final goodbye to the show.

Lavander

I know where the pieces of Millionare are going

The set and pieces from Millionare are going to be sold by the folks at Mousesurplus. They are breaking it all down now, and the pieces - from bleachers down to buzzers, will be for sale through their warehouse and on their eBay auctions in coming weeks. You can periodically check their website for updates. www.mousesurplus.com

DisneyRoxMySox

I have to say that Sounds Dangerous should have gone before Millionare.

FYI, I spoke with a few people at the animation tour. They said it was Pixar's descision if they wanted to move. They were thinking about Florida.

I'll take it with a grain of salt though. :(

CaptainMichael

Let's just think for a second....perhaps WDI is looking at the Sounds Dangerous area for something much bigger and grander than Midway Mania...look at it that way.;)

Blizz

Let me educate you all just a little bit. The entire Drew complex (Radio Disney/Drew/ABC Theatre) makes Disney a lot of money. How you ask? They now rent out the ABC Theatre for events and private groups needing a theatre. Disney also rents out a private area behind Drew. Both are heavily used by convention groups. Don't be so quick to assume that Disney is willing to give up this area to just anything. As I said, Drew may only have a few people for each show, but it costs next to nothing to operate. Millionare cost a lot, was an attraction that had few people in recent months, and was taking up a huge chunk of backlands that could be used for a much bigger attraction to draw more people back to that area of the park (which is needed, big time!) They need to move some people away from sunset and back there and a new attraction is the key to that. They obviously know that LMA wont be doing that for as long as they had hoped.

kcnole

The ABC studios area also doesn't currently have the available space that the millionaire area does for an attraction. I've also heard a rumor and I don't know if it has any credibility or not that there's some structural damage to the ABC building that will need to be fixed and cost a great bit before anything major can be placed in that building.

schro513

I think it all comes down to one thing--on-ride photos. If they installed in at Millionaire you would only get 1-2 Hot Seat people per 40 minute show at $17.99 a pop, where as you can get multiple people per minute at $17.99 a pop for Midway Mania :p

All jokes aside it was a fun show with a good run (I got within 2 questions of the cruise once), I do hate that I won't get to see it when we go down again....

wannab@dis

WWTBAM was a fun show, but it's time for a change. It's an unfortunate part of keeping the parks inviting and popular. Old attractions have to be replaced.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven't been posting a lot lately, work and all, but I have to ask...what exactly is Midway Mania?
It is the rumored replacement for Millionaire. It is anyones guess but from what I have read it will be a Spiderman like ride and projection system with guns like Buzz and a Toy Story theme.

CrashNet

I think we could probably all agree that a lot of MGM could use a revamp. It is in desperate need of a major new e-ticket attraction; a ride, not a show. There is so much of the back part of MGM that just doesn't have anything in it. Sunset Blvd is great, but some major TLC is needed for the Backlot Tour side of the park. I think in this situation, Millionaire occupied a lot more space than Drew's soundstage, and they needed to place the attraction somewhere in between Indiana Jones and Lights,Motors,Action.

Skippy

I think we could probably all agree that a lot of MGM could use a revamp. It is in desperate need of a major new e-ticket attraction; a ride, not a show.

Moreso, I think it's layout needs to be fixed pretty badly. There are only two areas of the park that I feel have a theme, Sunset Boulevard to an extent, and then Animation Courtyard (which I wish was larger). You could throw in the beginning of Hollywood Blvd too. But with the back portion of the park being a mess of shows and a less than stellar backlot tour, not to mention the pain it is to get around in the park (putting it's two major E Tickets right next to eachother...) MGM is the park I think needs the most work.

On the top of my list:
The Great Movie Ride Refurb
Something to go in the Sounds Dangerous/ABC Theater buildings
Millionaire replacement
Overal help for Backlot /End of Mickey Ave

Well, that went longer than i had planned; sorry if it didn't flow.

mjc1984

millionaire was a fun thing to do but it was getting old. Even thought i enjoyed every January when the actaully show would tape show there and especially the themes weekends like super soap weekend and espn the weekend. MGM needs better thrill rides they only have 2. They need more rides that teenagers and college students will go on and there for keep them in the park longer. I can go to mgm and ride rnrc and tot in bout an hour or so and than i leave the park and move on to the next park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom