After Star Tours....is this what's next?

jt04

Any clues or information as to which park it's being eyed for?

If they did this I am thinking it would be part of a Star Wars Land at DHS.

Other stuff I have thought of....

I have mentioned several times that WDW needs a Mummy-esque type attraction. I really think dark rides utilizing coaster track technology is the future. I think it can add thrills that Spiderman can't and at lower maintenance costs. If you think about it, the concept incorporates much of what makes up TWWoHP. It has elements of Dueling Dragons, it is a virtual ride through in the manner of FJ and it is a coaster similar to the small coaster that was repurposed. It makes perfect sense as a response to Potter. Also, Jedi Academy offers an option for guest participation which I am sure would be expanded if a full land was built. Instead of selling wands, Disney could sell light sabers. There are so many parallels to Universal.

That this thread remains and Disney has seemingly not objected and the fact that no insiders have completely dismissed it makes me think it is being considered at some level. Seems much more viable than a continually expanding Pixar Place at DHS, Mysterious Island at DAK or a major add to Frontierland at the MK. Or the even less likely possible responses such as LOTR or TRON or Narnia.

I really think this would be a major win for Disney as part of a Star Wars expansion.

Lee

Adventurer
If I remember correctly (it's been a few years since I've heard anything about it) that "free-flying" system was sort of an orphan. A ride system without a specific theme or plan.
Of course, by now it could be part of whole, elaborate concept.:shrug:

MarkTwain

I've seen some reports that the AstroOrbitor-type ride slated for Shanghai's Tomorrowland will be a Jet-Pack version with riders suspended - this seems to fall in line with those rumors.

^ I was thinking Disneyland. You know WDI is going to want to get that park's grade-level Astro Orbiter off the ground eventually. :lookaroun

jt04

I forgot to add that this concept has elements of Spiderman and MiB. And if you really use your imagination Jaws, ET, and the Simpsons. Basically it is nearly every Universal attraction rolled into one. :lol:

Buried20KLeague

I'm a bit fuzzy on the FLE timeline, I confess.
I remember a set of prints being posted, then pulled. I could have sworn those were the drainage plans, and predated the more detailed site plans.

But, I could be wrong. Had to happen sometime.;)

Just my $.02 on where the FLE info first came from...

I seem to fairly clearly recall that it came from Alain Littaye. He's French, and is well connected with DLP, and in fact has done at least one book, WITH DISNEY'S BACKING... "Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality". Side note: It's a GREAT book. Huge, with TONS of pictures of DLP from concept through construction. But good luck finding a copy in English... It's sold out.

I recall he didn't have a lot of posts here, and got plenty of heat at first... People didn't know who he was. Also English is a second language for him, and he was beat up a bit about that until he clarified (I guess people thought he was a 10 year old?).

I sort of remember the situation as he not really thinking he was letting such a big "cat out of a bag". Almost like he thought it had been seen before.

Some of the details are a bit sketchy, but that's really what I remember. Maybe I'm nuts, I don't know.

But my point is that it didn't come from some random guy. It came from a guy that had a history with Disney. In fact, I've wondered if maybe he got his hand slapped a bit after all that. Either that, or they gave it to him to leak.

:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
This...if it ever gets off the paper and into development would be a GREAT addition to The Star Wars Land everybody is murmuring about.

Ummm...again, the Star Wars patent is not a Disney ride concept. It will not be coming to any Disney park.

The "free-flying" ride is a Disney design. It may/may not appear in an attraction at some point.

danstadnik

Ummm...again, the Star Wars patent is not a Disney ride concept. It will not be coming to any Disney park.

Well can we MAKE them bring it to a Disney Park? Like, say DHS by, oh.... the end of the year? :veryconfu
In all seriousness, this is the most exciting ride concept I've EVER seen. And it WOULD be the "Potter Swatter" or whatever people want to call it. Especially with a Mos Eisley Cantina character dining experience and an expanded stage show... I like Indiana Jones, but what about taking him out and doing a full on Star Wars themed show, with light saber battles, and some sort of large scale Star Wars creatures making an appearance? Like the Walking With Dinosaurs animatronics, but a Dewback, a Tauntaun, the Rancor, Jabba the Hutt, etc etc etc... Essentially a play, like Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
You do that with the SW dual coaster, a restaurant, Star Tours, and some expanded M&Gs and DHS would probably overtake MK as the most visited theme park in the world for a couple of years.

djkidkaz

So does anyone know what actually IS coming next to the parks now that Star Tours is done? Any rumors of stuff coming to AK or Epcot?

NoChesterHester

The "free-flying" ride is a Disney design. It may/may not appear in an attraction at some point.

Seems most folks only listen to your posts Lee when thru like what you say. It was pointed out quickly in this thread that this specific patent has no connection to Disney or Lucasfilm. Folks still continue on.

I so badly want to see a new and unique ride system come to Orlando. Omnimovers are swell, but not groundbreaking like a robotic arm on a rolling track.

RSoxNo1

So does anyone know what actually IS coming next to the parks now that Star Tours is done? Any rumors of stuff coming to AK or Epcot?

A few people on here know what's being considered, or perhaps even what's been green lit, but as of right now there is no rumor as solid as the Fantasyland Expansion was back in June/July of 2009.

I have been maintaining a list of the fan rumors in this thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=421792

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom