Adventurers Club Private Event on 9/27/09!

hardcard

not likely.. believe what you want..don't forget to go to the PI clubs this holday season! they'll all be reopened again! .. oh wait..

WDWFigment

^I would've thought you had been around these PI threads enough to know where ImaYoyo works. Just because some frontline CM doesn't know something, doesn't mean it isn't the case.

PixieTinkerbell

It seems to me that we could make it happen if we wanted to. The building is (supposedly) still available for private parties and a lot of us know how to get in contact with the actors. It would be really expensive but. . .

I'm just saying. . . If we wanted it bad enough. . .

Buried20KLeague

Talk about one last way to show TDA how serious large groups of people are about its closure...

You organize the event, but have to figure out a way to get them to include the library shows.

You publicise the HECK out of it.

You talk to the Sentinel, Orlando Attractions Mag, maybe a couple local TV stations and invite them all to do stories, as well as any of the various podcasts out there that would have interest, and probably help promote. You spread the word through all the great websites like this one.

You make sure TDA is aware of it by sending fancy personal invitations to each and every person involved in the decision to close the club, as well as personal invitations to anyone that might have influence over it's state (Joe R, anyone??).

Maybe you do it on both a Friday and Saturday night, create a website about it to get the word out, and call it something like "A Return to Adventuring" or something... Might get more people come in from out of town if it was a two-night thing.

Make it VERY hard for Disney to ignore.

It could be done. Oh yes. It could be done.

It could be a "Custer's Last Stand" of sorts. I mean, if you do all that, and get the press there, and have an INSANE turnout, send formal invites to Disney brass, etc. and they STILL don't reopen the club... At least we would all know we "left it all out there on the field" so to speak...

csm

Talk about one last way to show TDA how serious large groups of people are about its closure...

You organize the event, but have to figure out a way to get them to include the library shows.

You talk to the Sentinel, Orlando Attractions Mag, maybe a couple local TV stations and invite them all to do stories, as well as any of the various podcasts out there that would have interest, and probably help promote. You spread the word through all the great websites like this one.

You make sure TDA is aware of it by sending fancy personal invitations to each and every person involved in the decision to close the club, as well as personal invitations to anyone that might have influence over it's state (Joe R, anyone??).

Maybe you do it on both a Friday and Saturday night, create a website about it to get the word out, and call it something like "A Return to Adventuring" or something... Might get more people come in from out of town if it was a two-night thing.

It could be a "Custer's Last Stand" of sorts. I mean, if you do all that, and get the press there, and have an INSANE turnout, send formal invites to Disney brass, etc. and they STILL don't reopen the club... At least we would all know we "left it all out there on the field" so to speak...

If there are actually a full schedule of library shows, I would pay at least $100 for the night. I don't drink so I wouldn't even care if alcohol was provided.

Lee

Adventurer
If there are actually a full schedule of library shows, I would pay at least $100 for the night. I don't drink so I wouldn't even care if alcohol was provided.
Yep. What he said.
Keep me in library shows and Babylonia's Brew and I'm a happy Adventurer.

CaptainMichael

I'm game. I will volunteer to do this, but I want help. Who's with me? Chaggy? Lee? Buried20K? We could each be in charge of different aspects of planning.

I'm sort of limited as to what I can do being that I live in Louisiana, but I could surely make phonecalls and write letters to the appropriate people (Sentinel, podcasts, etc.)

Buried20KLeague

I'm game. I will volunteer to do this, but I want help. Who's with me? Chaggy? Lee? Buried20K? We could each be in charge of different aspects of planning.

I'm sort of limited as to what I can do being that I live in Louisiana, but I could surely make phonecalls and write letters to the appropriate people (Sentinel, podcasts, etc.)

There are a couple KEY points, if you ask me.

First off... Finding out what it would take to get the cast there and put on the library shows.

Second... What's the building capacity. Does anyone know????

It's a MAJOR factor in determining what the cost per ticket would have to be, which is a major factor in determining people REAL and ACTUAL interest level before pulling the trigger on booking.

The up front cash I'm not worried about. It's what would have to be charged to get that money back. And if it were done right, and with PLENTY of advance planning and promotion, I have ZERO doubt it would be completely sold out. That's why capacity is a big deal.

EDIT TO ADD: It would also have to be done with the right delivery being key... Yes, a big part of it would be getting to spend another night or two in the library with the gang. But paramount would have to be the publicity and press and pressure to be noticed.

CaptainMichael

There are a couple KEY points, if you ask me.

First off... Finding out what it would take to get the cast there and put on the library shows.

Second... What's the building capacity. Does anyone know????

It's a MAJOR factor in determining what the cost per ticket would have to be, which is a major factor in determining people REAL and ACTUAL interest level before pulling the trigger on booking.

The up front cash I'm not worried about. It's what would have to be charged to get that money back. And if it were done right, and with PLENTY of advance planning and promotion, I have ZERO doubt it would be completely sold out. That's why capacity is a big deal.

EDIT TO ADD: It would also have to be done with the right delivery being key... Yes, a big part of it would be getting to spend another night or two in the library with the gang. But paramount would have to be the publicity and press and pressure to be noticed.

imayoyo would be a good sourch to find out some of the above. Chaggy knows a few CM's. I know 1. I think this could be pulled off for between $100-150 per person.

About coverage, I'm curious if the Sentinel would do this as it may make the Mouse angry.

Buried20KLeague

imayoyo would be a good sourch to find out some of the above. Chaggy knows a few CM's. I know 1. I think this could be pulled off for between $100-150 per person.

About coverage, I'm curious if the Sentinel would do this as it may make the Mouse angry.

No, no, no. It could potentially be done for much less than that. It all depends on the price from Disney to include shows, and how many you can fit in the building. There would have to be an inventive way to figure out how to price the event in order to not undercharge initially (so you don't lose too much initial cash investment), but so you're not way over break even if/when you sell out. Maybe a price somewhere in the middle, and once you sell out, you use the extra cash for drink vouchers that you divide between all attendees. Or something. :shrug:

I think the Sentinel would be all over it. It would make a compelling story. I think you'd probably find a news crew that would be interested, too. Along with podcasters and Orlando Attractions Mag (I'm lookin' at you, Ricky :lookaroun)!! You might even get the Orange County Register interested from the West Coast, covering it from a Walt Disney Co. standpoint... Miceage would probably be into it... Mouseplanet, Laughing Place, etc...

PixieTinkerbell

I think the place to start is with the actors. If they'd be interested in doing it and how much they would possibly want to get paid and then we could get an idea of how expensive it would be. I have one contact and I know there are some others on here that have some. I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Buried20KLeague

I think the place to start is with the actors. If they'd be interested in doing it and how much they would possibly want to get paid and then we could get an idea of how expensive it would be. I have one contact and I know there are some others on here that have some. I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I don't think it'd be up to the actors... It'd be up to Disney's special events department. I'm guessing the actors would do it in a heartbeat. It's about seeing if Disney would go for it.

That's really where anything like this would have to start.

to get Disney's approval, I would imagine that the "fighting the mouse" mentality wouldn't work... instead it would have to be showing our love for the AC and a desire for one last night/weekend/month/year/decade :)

jt04

to get Disney's approval, I would imagine that the "fighting the mouse" mentality wouldn't work... instead it would have to be showing our love for the AC and a desire for one last night/weekend/month/year/decade :)

Exactly. You would get a lot further with the mouse if it is done in a cooperative spirit. Anything else would not work in my opinion.

And if the actors are really interested in bringing the AC back it seems to me they would do the show(s) gratis for a one time event or a weekend of events.

If you can get Adam on board for this, he is definitely able to organize such an event and he has the connections to see if it's feasible.

Just my 2 cents.

Lee

Adventurer
Might be a good idea to get in touch with the folks putting together the Congaloosh. Maybe a cooperative effort could go further than a competing event, and keep costs down.

Buried20KLeague

I respectfully disagree. You're not "fighting the mouse". All you're doing it booking a night or two nights in a row. You get it booked, and then what you do with it is up to you.

I agree that you couldn't go to people in the press first... But once you've got the dates booked, why can't you handle it however you like? It's booked, and if Disney threatened to cancel or anything based on not liking how it's being portrayed... NOW you're talking about a compelling story that all KINDS of media would be all over. They'd be between a rock and a hard place. Which I would LOVE.

Buried20KLeague

Exactly. You would get a lot further with the mouse if it is done in a cooperative spirit. Anything else would not work in my opinion.

And if the actors are really interested in bringing the AC back it seems to me they would do the show(s) gratis for a one time event or a weekend of events.

If you can get Adam on board for this, he is definitely able to organize such an event and he has the connections to see if it's feasible.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure the actors would probably LOVE to do it reasonably or maybe even free to "support the cause"... But I'm quite sure that you'd have to pay Disney. They'd REALLY think something bad was up if you called to book the locations, asked for access to the stages and lighting and sound and backstage cast areas, BUT DIDN'T NEED THE ACTORS. :lookaroun

The shows would have to be part of the package that you paid Disney for. There's just no way around that part.

jt04

I respectfully disagree. You're not "fighting the mouse". All you're doing it booking a night or two nights in a row. You get it booked, and then what you do with it is up to you.

I agree that you couldn't go to people in the press first... But once you've got the dates booked, why can't you handle it however you like? It's booked, and if Disney threatened to cancel or anything based on not liking how it's being portrayed... NOW you're talking about a compelling story that all KINDS of media would be all over. They'd be between a rock and a hard place. Which I would LOVE.

I hear what you are saying but if the long term goal is to really see the club survive then anything but working with Disney would be counter productive in the long run.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

Buried20KLeague

I hear what you are saying but if the long term goal is to really see the club survive then anything but working with Disney would be counter productive in the long run.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

Yeah, and I hear what you're saying. I don't know. I guess I just feel like we've already tried that angle... Letters, phone calls, the attendance at the AC leading up to closing. I feel like we've already played nice.

Like, if we're going down, we might as well go down guns blazing. But obviously not until you've booked the building for whatever date(s) selected. :drevil: :lol:

And I wouldn't think we'd be slamming Disney to everyone... That's not how I would envision it. I'd envision it more like a "we love this place so much we decided to take it into our own hands... Hey Disney, do you see us over here???" kind of angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom