Adventurers Club Private Event on 9/27/09!

jedimaster1227

With all of the events that have been masterfully planned by Adam and others around here, I'm surprised we have not seen WDWCelebrations announce its AC private event yet. The private booking information was posted almost 2 days ago! Someone around here needs to get on the ball so that I can get inside the AC once more!

Just an addendum to my previous post. I think mid-August would be the most Adventurous time to schedule said WDWCelebrations private AC party. ;)

I know of at least one member of WDWCelebrations who has been in WDW since this thread was born. Perhaps PM Adam if you really want them to look into it? ;) :D

If you can get Adam on board for this, he is definitely able to organize such an event and he has the connections to see if it's feasible.

Let me see if I can handle this one tactfully. I'll approach this from both angles...

From a WDWCelebrations perspective, I cannot say when our upcoming events will or will not take place until they are announced formally (though an announcement should be made soon if all goes according to plan). Let it be known that when planning our events (both Commemorative, Signature and otherwise), we look at multiple factors to determine if the event caters to a wide audience and would appeal. Reasonably speaking, we can only have so many events per year without exhausting our funds, our creativity or our energy (which is divided already between work, school, personal interests and other aspects, in addition to Celebrations). As a team, we spend countless hours (and I think Jackie could probably confirm this) focusing solely on dates and times of potential events, so I can promise that much thought goes into the selection and planning of the dates alone. That being said, I cannot promise that we will or won't have an event in August, or an event specifically focusing on the Adventurer's Club for that matter. As a member of the team, I will happily bring the topic up for discussion once more, but the results are not guaranteed--let me get back to you on this one.

As myself alone, I have to say that I won't be operating (in terms of fan events) outside of WDWCelebrations due to personal loyalties and ties I have with the organization itself. Like I have always said to other fan groups, I am willing to help out in whatever ways I can, but unless it is a WDWCelebrations sanctioned, sponsored or partnered event, I prefer to not do any of the planning, leadership or major work because I find that my services are best applied to the organization for which I work.

If you would like help or a consultant in a specific event (which I have done before), I am more than willing to do so, but I cannot at this time offer myself or my services apart from WDWCelebrations and its official events.

In terms of an Adventurer's Club-focused event, I would rather not make any promises either way, because the topic is up for discussion, but until the team decides as a whole if an event or venture is worth the effort, investment (and I don't just mean monetary) and potential risk [which we take on for each and every event we lead], I cannot say what will happen.

As I mentioned before, we are expecting a larger announcement soon regarding the upcoming slate of WDWCelebrations for the foreseeable future, but until that announcement, I'd prefer not to comment one way or another.

jt04

Yeah, and I hear what you're saying. I don't know. I guess I just feel like we've already tried that angle... Letters, phone calls, the attendance at the AC leading up to closing. I feel like we've already played nice.

Like, if we're going down, we might as well go down guns blazing. But obviously not until you've booked the building for whatever date(s) selected. :drevil: :lol:

And I wouldn't think we'd be slamming Disney to everyone... That's not how I would envision it. I'd envision it more like a "we love this place so much we decided to take it into our own hands... Hey Disney, do you see us over here???" kind of angle.

Interesting. I think you would have to organize it a bit more quietly. Sounds like it would work better as a "farewell" event for fans to say goodbye. I don't know, it's a tough situation for the fans of the club, I'll grant you that.

CaptainMichael

Might be a good idea to get in touch with the folks putting together the Congaloosh. Maybe a cooperative effort could go further than a competing event, and keep costs down.

From the Adventurers Club Yahoo! Group:
Kungaloosh Fellow Adventurers!
> >
> > The details for this safari are still being mapped out. BUT, since
> > there is so much rumor and speculation in the air, thought I'd put out
> > a few pieces of info on the event (Sept 25-27, 2009):
> >
> > 1) We ARE scheduled to have a VIP event at the Adventurers Club on
> > Friday September 25th (details and registration info coming soon).
> > Space is currently limited to 75 adventurers. We really wanted to do
> > something Saturday to give more people a chance to attend, but another
> > group has a hold on the venue for that night.
> >
> > 2) We have a hotel secured near Downtown Disney for the event. A
> > special room rate of $99 has been set up with them and can be obtained
> > by mentioning "ConGaloosh 2009" when booking. The hotel is the Royal
> > Plaza on Hotel Plaza Blvd and the reservation phone number is
> > 407-870-2828 (the rate is subject to room availability and is valid
> > from 9/22-30/2008)
> >
> > 3) Other festivities will include an "Adventurers Life is Best"
> > banquet, panel discussions, and a "Dress for the Hunt" ConGaloosh
> > Competition.
> >
> > We are working on a few other surprises as well, but that's an
> > adventure for another post. Suffice to say it WILL be a exciting
> > experience for all who can make the safari to Orlando!
> >
> > I've started a mailing list (send a message requesting info to
> > congalooshorlando at yahoo dot com). Just to note, we (the ConGaloosh
> > Society) are a completely volunteer group of fans endeavoring to put
> > this event together. If you'd like to pitch in, please drop me a
line.
> >
> >
> >
> > Kungaloosh!
> > Michael Gavin
> > CS President/PR Chair
> > congalooshorlando@
> >

WDWFigment

Let me see if I can handle this one tactfully. I'll approach this from both angles...

From a WDWCelebrations perspective, I cannot say when our upcoming events will or will not take place until they are announced formally (though an announcement should be made soon if all goes according to plan). Let it be known that when planning our events (both Commemorative, Signature and otherwise), we look at multiple factors to determine if the event caters to a wide audience and would appeal. Reasonably speaking, we can only have so many events per year without exhausting our funds, our creativity or our energy (which is divided already between work, school, personal interests and other aspects, in addition to Celebrations). As a team, we spend countless hours (and I think Jackie could probably confirm this) focusing solely on dates and times of potential events, so I can promise that much thought goes into the selection and planning of the dates alone. That being said, I cannot promise that we will or won't have an event in August, or an event specifically focusing on the Adventurer's Club for that matter. As a member of the team, I will happily bring the topic up for discussion once more, but the results are not guaranteed--let me get back to you on this one.

As myself alone, I have to say that I won't be operating (in terms of fan events) outside of WDWCelebrations due to personal loyalties and ties I have with the organization itself. Like I have always said to other fan groups, I am willing to help out in whatever ways I can, but unless it is a WDWCelebrations sanctioned, sponsored or partnered event, I prefer to not do any of the planning, leadership or major work because I find that my services are best applied to the organization for which I work.

If you would like help or a consultant in a specific event (which I have done before), I am more than willing to do so, but I cannot at this time offer myself or my services apart from WDWCelebrations and its official events.

In terms of an Adventurer's Club-focused event, I would rather not make any promises either way, because the topic is up for discussion, but until the team decides as a whole if an event or venture is worth the effort, investment (and I don't just mean monetary) and potential risk [which we take on for each and every event we lead], I cannot say what will happen.

As I mentioned before, we are expecting a larger announcement soon regarding the upcoming slate of WDWCelebrations for the foreseeable future, but until that announcement, I'd prefer not to comment one way or another.

Adam, thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful and considerate response to my (half-jesting) comments. I'm not nearly so selfish to think I should be able to dictate the plans of an organization of which I am not a part, nor do I think that said organization should confirm its events to my schedule.

Honestly, I look forward to see whatever you all have planned, regardless of whether I can attend the event, or whether it appeals to me personally. What you're doing is undeniably positive for the fan community, and that's enough for me.

...But thanks for not just telling me to "get lost" for making these demands! :wave:

Matpez

-full disclosure up front of being a member of WDWCelebrations-
I just wanted to add, as a group, we discuss any number of amazing possibilities and experiences that we WANT to have, but then have to discuss the reality of them. I think we would all WANT to have an event like this, but at the same time, WE (the group and attendees) would have to pay for it. I know some of you would jump right in and help, but even so, many can not afford such an event. On top of that, there is little chance that we could do it at any time where it works for even a majority of those who want to come.
However, don't take this and quote me that I said we wouldn't do it. I am just trying to give a bit more insight as to how difficult it can be to make any of this actually come together.
:wave:

Buried20KLeague

I might throw into the conversation, as well, that I personally haven't dug far into the idea of setting up a "complete" night in the AC because in looking into it more, the Congaloosh folks seem to be doing just that.

I'm not sure if there are any spots left anymore or not though.... They were going to limit it to 75 guests.

I'd be there, but the weekend they're planning doesn't work for my schedule.

It'll be interesting to hear what kind of success they have... If it goes smoothly, I could see more open nights in the AC.

maggiegrace1

For someone who started this thread...and a few other AC threads and seemed to be a fan of the place..why the sudden annoyance with the AC threads?

You seem to be bored and in need of attention..:shrug:

jt04

For someone who started this thread...and a few other AC threads and seemed to be a fan of the place..why the sudden annoyance with the AC threads?

You seem to be bored and in need of attention..:shrug:

The guy bumped five or six AC threads for no reason. Nice way to get bumped himself.:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The guy bumped five or six AC threads for no reason. Nice way to get bumped himself.:wave:
Nothing in the rules that I can see against bumping threads. :shrug:

Given that the previous post in this thread was three days ago... Not much of a bump either. :rolleyes:

jt04

Nothing in the rules that I can see against bumping threads. :shrug:

Given that the previous post in this thread was three days ago... Not much of a bump either. :rolleyes:

I don't think bumping a thread is a problem, but 5 or 6 of them with no new info might not be appreciated. Who knows? I'm sure he will find out soon enough if it is.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't think bumping a thread is a problem, but 5 or 6 of them with no new info might not be appreciated. Who knows? I'm sure he will find out soon enough if it is.
Perhaps, but then wouldn't the same complaint apply to you?

I'm not sure the moderators will appreciate you bumping this many threads at the same time for apparently no good reason. We will see. :brick:
How many threads did you cut and paste this into?

jt04

Perhaps, but then wouldn't the same complaint apply to you?

How many threads did you cut and paste this into?

The theads were already bumped, just making the point of how absurd it was especially coming from someone who was previously complaining about the practice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom