Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

flyerjab

This is the Pho with duck. It was excellent.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

I hate to be THAT guy, but I must admit I'm a little underwhelmed by the main room decor. I was expecting a MUCH more immersive ambiance (i.e. weird, tacky jungle "stuff" everywhere). Other than the banner and plaque, nothing about the physical space itself screams "Jungle Cruise". Maybe the other rooms are better? Nonetheless I'm still excited about this new full-service dining option and will continue to look for ADRs to become available for our trip in March

Remember it is still in soft opening. I wouldn't be surprised to see additional props and theming added in the weeks and months ahead.

But the biggest thing to me - at last the verandah is reopened as a dining location! Whatever shortcomings the menu or theming might have, thank the tiki gods that MK has added a full time table service restaurant.

flyerjab

Official opening is in 3 days, so I would think it is pretty much done at this point.

Our cast member said that the amount of interior work that did the previous five days was phenomenal. There were a few walls and one cabinet that were empty. They could still put up a few themed items in 3 days. You are right, though, the majority of it is finished and it really looks great!

Dubman

Can't believe we missed it by one day! We were at Magic Kingdom till after 1:00am this morning and looked right at the construction walls on the way out after Jingle Cruise thinking "Wish we could have tried it".... One stinkin day.. Looks awesome! Thanks for all the pictures and info all.. Will look forward to trying it next November....

halltd

It was a typical kids menu that you find all over.
So every kids meal on property looks the same? That's unfortunate. If I was a kid, I'd look forward to seeing what all the menus were like at each place. What kind of little games were on Skipper Canteens menu versus Be Our Guest or Liberty Tree. If they were all unique, you'd think they'd occupy kids interest longer, too. I wonder why they make them all the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom