Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Nmoody1

The skippers have had to travel far and wide to find a restaurant venue they can afford the rent for.... Trekking all the way from the jungle cruise rivers, through Agrabah past flying carpets, via the Swiss family treehouse to the other side of adventureland.... More problematic theming of Adventureland and Aladdin's spinner!

PirateFrank

Katie G

That's not the point. There are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of aspiring singers that would love to sing on Broadway. There are probably an equal number of talented designers and Disney fans that would die to be an Imagineer.

That doesn't mean Broadway singers or Imagineers should make minimum wage just because they're easily replaceable, and they could find someone to work for that much. Those are challenging jobs, and the people that work them should be compensated accordingly.

Being a Disney cast member is also a challenging job. You must deal with difficult guests, who may speak many languages, in a fast-paced and hectic working environment, to Disney's high standards of etiquette and professionalism, all while keeping a smile on your face.

Being a Jungle Cruise skipper is even more challenging. You must do all those things, while being stared at by a boat-full of people staring at or filming you, and then try to get them to laugh. All while operating a boat. Backwards. In a job that doesn't provide a single moment of air-conditioning, even in its breakroom.

They deserve much more than minimum wage.

Wouldn't you say the same if not more for the AK Safari drivers. They must navigate the Safari, be on the lookout for animals to point out, know information about all the animals to share, all while dealing with guests.

I'm sure there are many such jobs at WDW, and likely all paid similarly. If you don't like the added responsibility, pick a different role.

Katie G

Oh man I hope so! I really wish they would get out of the 50s mindset and tell the teetotalers to stuff it. I just love it when a few of them start spouting how Walt never drank.... :joyfull:

While a refreshing frozen beverage sounds wonderful for a hot day in MK, it certainly isn't necessary to my enjoyment. Given the over indulgence that is common in the other parks that serve alcohol, I'm okay with one of them, especially the MK, that doesn't serve any. It is much more kid friendly than the other parks too. It is sad that people don't have the restraint necessary to have alcohol in any setting and that the company has to control it.

Jon81uk

No controversy over alcohol, but It says DIS Parks Blog announced it then redirects it to an unofficial fansite in the hyperlink...talk about amateur hour.

They state that Walt Disney World Theme Park Blog announced it then linked to that same blog. The Disney Parks official blog is entirely different, but that eater.com doesn't seem to know that for sure....

Nmoody1

Oh man I hope so! I really wish they would get out of the 50s mindset and tell the teetotalers to stuff it. I just love it when a few of them start spouting how Walt never drank.... :joyfull:

I think it was more that Walt wanted a family friendly environment where alcohol wasn't served - meaning you don't get the kind of folks you get every October rambling around World Showcase! ;)

cvbcxgh

Yippee next is hopefully the Diamond Horseshoe!
94.gif
49.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom