Adventureland Smoking Section Removed

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Too bad :( I feel as long as it's not leaving an odor to bother anybody and it's outside on your own balcony it should be allowed. But I digress...bummer
Disney doesn't see it as such because of those who are so strongly anti-smoking that if they see anything resembling smoking, they immediately assume they have cancer. (I wish that was a joke, it's not).

Phil12

was there a couple weeks ago..Surfs up section facing the pool...Had one on the balcony first thing in the morning and one right before bed._.Saw many others doing the same
That sort of behavior is very irresponsible. Disney has designated smoking areas for a good reason. The problem with tobacco smoke is that it is laden with sticky tar. A person smoking has no control over where that smoke goes. Smoke is carried by breezes and is sucked into ventilation systems.

As the smoke travels through the air it will stick to most anything. That is why smokers stink. The smoke adheres to their hair, skin and clothes. It also adheres to anything else in its path including other people.

I don't suppose you noticed that all the room ventilation grates are located along the All Star balconies? You're lucky that Disney did not impose their room cleaning recovery fee upon you and the other miscreants.

Raineman

That sort of behavior is very irresponsible. Disney has designated smoking areas for a good reason. The problem with tobacco smoke is that it is laden with sticky tar. A person smoking has no control over where that smoke goes. Smoke is carried by breezes and is sucked into ventilation systems.

As the smoke travels through the air it will stick to most anything. That is why smokers stink. The smoke adheres to their hair, skin and clothes. It also adheres to anything else in its path including other people.

I don't suppose you noticed that all the room ventilation grates are located along the All Star balconies? You're lucky that Disney did not impose their room cleaning recovery fee upon you and the other miscreants.
It kills me how overboard alot of you vehemently anti-smokers will go. Overreact much? Someone standing outside, 50 feet away from a smoker will not stink because the person is smoking-chances are the smoke will not even reach them. Inside is a different story, but smoking outside does not have the same effect. And all of these people howling on here about how unhealthy second hand smoke is-how is it that many of us in our 40s had parents that smoked while we were in the car, while we were in the same room, and yet we do not have cancer, do not have COPD, do not have breathing problems, etc. I am not a smoker, never have been, but I'm not one of you soapbox-standing, preachy anti-smokers. Please give it a rest.

Phil12

It kills me how overboard alot of you vehemently anti-smokers will go. Overreact much? Someone standing outside, 50 feet away from a smoker will not stink because the person is smoking-chances are the smoke will not even reach them. Inside is a different story, but smoking outside does not have the same effect. And all of these people howling on here about how unhealthy second hand smoke is-how is it that many of us in our 40s had parents that smoked while we were in the car, while we were in the same room, and yet we do not have cancer, do not have COPD, do not have breathing problems, etc. I am not a smoker, never have been, but I'm not one of you soapbox-standing, preachy anti-smokers. Please give it a rest.

There is no risk-free level of secondhand smoke, and even brief exposure can cause immediate harm.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44324/

Raineman

There is no risk-free level of secondhand smoke, and even brief exposure can cause immediate harm.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK44324/
Then how can you explain the fact that many people who inhaled second-hand smoke over a prolonged period-many during childhood-have had no health problems as a result? A good percentage of people in my age bracket had parents who smoked around them constantly, yet have never developed asthma, breathing issues, or lung cancer. I'm not saying that smoke is not harmful, just not to the degree that many people think it is. And, I will never put full stock into any government study-there will always be bias depending on who's lining their pockets.

Phil12

Then how can you explain the fact that many people who inhaled second-hand smoke over a prolonged period-many during childhood-have had no health problems as a result? A good percentage of people in my age bracket had parents who smoked around them constantly, yet have never developed asthma, breathing issues, or lung cancer. I'm not saying that smoke is not harmful, just not to the degree that many people think it is. And, I will never put full stock into any government study-there will always be bias depending on who's lining their pockets.
You are unfortunately misinformed. I'd suggest you read the study I provided and you'll then be informed. Your attempt to discredit current scientific consensus does nothing to bolster your credibility.

Princess Kaylee

Big mistake.

When guests light up anywhere there will be complaints.

Control it. Don't drive it underground.

I think you are right. I was walking back to my room at All Star Sports Resort a couple of weeks ago and a man on the second story threw a lit cigarette on me. I have no burns but it could have been much worse. I can only hope Disney keeps smoking areas secluded from the public. It is a family theme park.

DisneyDebRob

Lithium Ion batteries do not "spontaneously explode" because they are lithium ion...poorly manufactured ones do.

Your point is correct, I just want to clarify, don't buy the ecigs you get on discount at your local gas station. Buy the expensive ones. Your nose will thank you (for still existing, as will your upper cuspids).
Also the main reason for the very RARE explosions is because you find out the user used the wrong charger to charge his battery, or bought a illegal one from China.the 3 instances I read about explosions all pointed to these reasons.
Be safe, follow instructions and you will be fine.

ChipNDale79

Too bad :( I feel as long as it's not leaving an odor to bother anybody and it's outside on your own balcony it should be allowed. But I digress...bummer

Smokers vs Non-smokers the debate will always be there.

Last August i stepped out of our room to eat a muffin while my kids were still sleeping, had to step back inside because the person below was smoking.

I get smoking is a personal choice, but it does effect everyone around you when you do it.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Capture1.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Smokers vs Non-smokers the debate will always be there.

Last August i stepped out of our room to eat a muffin while my kids were still sleeping, had to step back inside because the person below was smoking.

I get smoking is a personal choice, but it does effect everyone around you when you do it.

The smell of muffins causes me gastric flux, only way to cure this is to spark up a tab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom